X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are Internet jesus

Comment

• Everything Valanciunas

JV played badly so that there would be more activity on RR during the off season

He did it for us guys!!!
      OG is our king

Comment

• oh, I thought he was just being, "under utilized". hahahaa

Comment

• Remind me again why we're caring about an international basketball tournament in relation to the 2016-17 nba toronto raptors? This isn't some rookie with our first glimpse we've watched this guy play almost 300 basketball games.

Apples and oranges
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Remind me again why we're caring about an international basketball tournament in relation to the 2016-17 nba toronto raptors? This isn't some rookie with our first glimpse we've watched this guy play almost 300 basketball games.

Apples and oranges
            Nothing else going on. Boredom often leads to complaints. I guess he hasn't played well. I haven't watched tho.

Comment

• Not at all concerned by JV's poor showing in international play, but what I find potentially concerning are comments which make it sound like he isn't focused on basketball. Brings his maturity and dedication to the game into question.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Not at all concerned by JV's poor showing in international play, but what I find potentially concerning are comments which make it sound like he isn't focused on basketball. Brings his maturity and dedication to the game into question.
                Reading too much into it. The coach is trying to cover his ass because he deserves to be fired for the team's showing. Trying to deflect blame to JV because he's their biggest talent and had a shit tourney. Never has anything even remotely negative been said about his work ethic before this. Every story on the topic before has been about how hard he works and how badly he wants to win.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Reading too much into it. The coach is trying to cover his ass because he deserves to be fired for the team's showing. Trying to deflect blame to JV because he's their biggest talent and had a shit tourney. Never has anything even remotely negative been said about his work ethic before this. Every story on the topic before has been about how hard he works and how badly he wants to win.

I really like LIT's coach.. made some mistakes this year, gave way too much freedom to Kalnet but he's still one of the best coaches in Europe imo. Reminds me of Pop.

By the way, Jonas confirmed that he 'wasn't himself' at this tournament.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I really like LIT's coach.. made some mistakes this year, gave way too much freedom to Kalnet but he's still one of the best coaches in Europe imo. Reminds me of Pop.

By the way, Jonas confirmed that he 'wasn't himself' at this tournament.
                    Jonas' comments could also just be the equivalent of 'no excuses'.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Jonas' comments could also just be the equivalent of 'no excuses'.

Yeah yeah possible, but meh. I already knew something was not right with Jonas since that game against Brazil. His body language signs were obvious.

#HairIsTheProblem

We're lucky he's going trough some shit right now, not in the middle of the season!
                      Last edited by rocwell; Thu Aug 18, 2016, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah yeah possible, but meh. I already knew something was not right with Jonas since that game against Brazil. His body language signs were obvious.

#HairIsTheProblem

We're lucky he's going trough some shit right now, not in the middle of the season!
                        Yeah that's fine. Jonas wasne himself....but that's not what the coach seemed to be saying. Seemed to be equating him to a Jailblazers or stephon Marbury level of maturity and dedication. That is totally nonsense and classic deflecting of blame.

Comment

Yeah that's fine. Jonas wasne himself....but that's not what the coach seemed to be saying. Seemed to be equating him to a Jailblazers or stephon Marbury level of maturity and dedication. That is totally nonsense and classic deflecting of blame.

Fair enough. LIT's coach went too far. You don't throw your player under the bus who took full responsibility for team's performance. I agree.

I always said that Jonas needs to take some time from the NT. Not only cuz he needs a proper vacation w/ his mates and family, but additional work on his weaknesses would set him up for better NBA season. We can only guess what the fuck actually happened, but maybe he wasn't really into the national team this year cuz of tiredness. JV had a long season and little rest time. And about that comment from JV about his head.. Going through some mental problems will only make him a better player.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Aug 18, 2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Fair enough. LIT's coach went too far. You don't throw your player under the bus who took full responsibility for team's performance. I agree.

I always said that Jonas needs to take some time from the NT. Not only cuz he needs a proper vacation w/ his mates and family, but additional work on his weaknesses would set him up for better NBA season. We can only guess what the fuck actually happened, but maybe he wasn't really into the national team this year cuz of tiredness. JV had a long season and little rest time. And about that comment from JV about his head.. Going through some mental problems will only make him a better player.
                            Yeah burn out happens, especially coming off a very long NBA season. Definitely seen bad summers in the past from other guys who frequently play for their NTs.

Comment

Yeah burn out happens, especially coming off a very long NBA season. Definitely seen bad summers in the past from other guys who frequently play for their NTs.

Like who? JV is 24 and was injured for half of our playoff run. I think he just had a hard time adjusting to the extra attention he received from other defences.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ugh, it's August and there's "you fan boys" and "haters" comments already.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X