Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Very mature response. Yet the player that is 8 years younger is the one burning out from playing too much basketball.
    Burn out isn't just from "too much basketball". People have tried to explain what it means and you refuse to listen. You're basically the basktball version of a Trump backer. Anything that doesn't fit your preconceptions is wrong and not worth listening to....so what's the point of a mature response if you don't have the mental maturity or objectivity to consider contrasting views to your own? I mean the player himself, who has never complained or been anything but a hard worker and win-first guy even said it maybe got to him...but no, he just struggled and there's no excuse. I'd bet every cent I'll ever earn that you'd be singing a different tune if it was Demar in his place, while every one who understands how burn out might be a factor would not care which player it's about.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gasol knows a thing or two about burnouts at the wrong time, he no-showed in the freaking finals one year.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Burn out isn't just from "too much basketball". People have tried to explain what it means and you refuse to listen. You're basically the basktball version of a Trump backer. Anything that doesn't fit your preconceptions is wrong and not worth listening to....so what's the point of a mature response if you don't have the mental maturity or objectivity to consider contrasting views to your own? I mean the player himself, who has never complained or been anything but a hard worker and win-first guy even said it maybe got to him...but no, he just struggled and there's no excuse. I'd bet every cent I'll ever earn that you'd be singing a different tune if it was Demar in his place, while every one who understands how burn out might be a factor would not care which player it's about.

What got to him though? You don't have any facts. It could easily be that he got stressed over how bad his been playing. Or it could be that his having problems at home. It's all speculations and excuses.

Also Bogut is probably more mentally drained seeing that he played in a lot more bigger games.

Not need for the personal attacks.
        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Aug 19, 2016, 05:19 PM.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What got to him though? You don't have any facts. It could easily be that he got stressed over how bad his been playing. Or it could be that his having problems at home. It's all speculations and excuses.

Also Bogut is probably more mentally drained seeing that he played in a lot more bigger games.

The things you describe are exactly the things that contribute to burn out.

What bigger games? Bogut fell out of the rotation for much of their playoff run.

Comment

Mental fatigue (if that's what's going on) isn't linear enough for this "JV vs. Bogut" comparison, though. At all. That type of thing is a very individual issue, and mental conditions affect all kinds of people while not affecting at all other kinds of people in the same demographic, economic class, life situation, etc. You can't say to one "You shouldn't be affected by this because look, Peer X is doing just fine."

Jonas has been playing a lot of basketball every summer for the last several years, and he carries a pretty decent responsibility on his national team every time he does. I don't find it that crazy that at some point a guy goes into a summer tournament and is just off his game. Burnout definitely contributes to the odds of that happening at some point.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              The things you describe are exactly the things that contribute to burn out.

What bigger games? Bogut fell out of the rotation for much of their playoff run.

They played in big games all year long. Remember, they kind of broke a pretty big record. Anyways everybody seems to be sold on this "burn out" theory. I'll let it go even though there is no factual prove of this speculation.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Jonas has been playing a lot of basketball every summer for the last several years
                Also to add is that burnout isn't a calendar year thing, it's cumulative. So looking at minutes and games played in a calendar year is a part of it, you have to look at multiple years.

Since JV turned 16, how many summers off has he had?

I'm willing to guess not very many. The Olympics alone requires qualifier tournaments in years prior, so it's not an exercise where one can simply add up games and minutes and say "no excuse for burnout at 24". It wouldn't be surprising at all if he is suffering from mental burnout.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• don't bother, it's Christian.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Sounds like Y'all forgot that the main reason of "burning out" is stress. + Jonas said it himself it's a mental issue. Maybe LIT's coach is banging his mom.

Everything will be okay.
                    Him "burning out" could be for several reasons. Stress from personal issues the public doesn't know about, getting mentally drained from playing in the Playoffs, mental issues from getting injured in the Playoffs, who knows. Like I said before, I'm not worried unless his poor play translates to next season.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Also to add is that burnout isn't a calendar year thing, it's cumulative. So looking at minutes and games played in a calendar year is a part of it, you have to look at multiple years.

Since JV turned 16, how many summers off has he had?

I'm willing to guess not very many. The Olympics alone requires qualifier tournaments in years prior, so it's not an exercise where one can simply add up games and minutes and say "no excuse for burnout at 24". It wouldn't be surprising at all if he is suffering from mental burnout.
                      To be precise, Jonas hadn't had a free summer since 2007. He started to play pro ball in 2008. He competed in both u-19 world championship and in Eurobasket in the summer of 2011. In the next year, he played in both Olympic qualifying tournament and Olympic games. Then, Eurobasket in 2013 and 2015, World championship in 2014 and Olympic games this year.
                      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

They played in big games all year long. Remember, they kind of broke a pretty big record. Anyways everybody seems to be sold on this "burn out" theory. I'll let it go even though there is no factual prove of this speculation.
                        Christian you can't say there are no facts to back up burnout, something that can't be backed by statistics, yet you consistently refuse to acknowledge stats that show some of Demar's issues. Try not being so hypocritical.

You could also consider however, a quote from Jonas as good a fact as you can get regarding burnout. He said he was mentally not there. If that's not burnout I don't know what is.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          Christian you can't say there are no facts to back up burnout, something that can't be backed by statistics, yet you consistently refuse to acknowledge stats that show some of Demar's issues. Try not being so hypocritical.

You could also consider however, a quote from Jonas as good a fact as you can get regarding burnout. He said he was mentally not there. If that's not burnout I don't know what is.
                          No excuses. JV is the antichrist.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Why does everything lead back to DD? No one was even talking about him. I've already let it good. All the doctors and mind readers here have already determined its a "Burn out". "Something with my head" obviously equates to mental burnout.

I've already said that Deebo is playing bad but, Deebo and JV have two totally different roles on thier National team. Why are guys always tryin to turn this into Deebo vs JV. You can discuss one without the other.
                            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Aug 20, 2016, 10:01 AM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why does everything lead back to DD? No one was even talking about him. I've already let it good. All the doctors and mind readers here have already determined its a "Burn out". "Something with my head" obviously equates to mental burnout.

I've already said that Deebo is playing terrible but, Deebo and JV have two totally different roles on thier National team. Why are guys always tryin to turn this into Deebo vs JV. You can discuss one without the other.
                              I'm not trying to turn it to anything. I'm talking about the way you handle discussions regarding the two of them. Frankly, the way you do it is hypocritical so I pointed it out. Not doing anything about a JV vs DD.

Comment

• Can't we all just agree that thank goodness Lithuania's Olympics are over and JV wasn't injured.

One more game for our other Raptors and we are home free.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X