No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The officiating was a combination of bizarre calls and non calls. The play that determined the game was when Kleiza went for Arroyo's pump fake and instead of 3 free throws for Arroyo it was a dunk for Kleiza at the other end, a potential 5 point swing with a couple of minutes to go.

I enjoyed the game.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      The officiating was a combination of bizarre calls and non calls. The play that determined the game was when Kleiza went for Arroyo's pump fake and instead of 3 free throws for Arroyo it was a dunk for Kleiza at the other end, a potential 5 point swing with a couple of minutes to go.

I enjoyed the game.
      Wow the officials were bad. At one point I was screaming at my laptop...

Comment

• At least we don't have to worry about him playing too much in all these tournaments since he fouls out or gets benched for fouls so much. :P

Comment

• i was able to watch two quarters before I couldn't get a damn link to work anymore...

was wondering if our Lithuanian friends noticed the offensive flow of the national team did not look very good.

shooters were crowding the pick n roll...making it useless. Floor spacing was dreadful. Bad shot selection etc... I really did not enjoy watching that game
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            i was able to watch two quarters before I couldn't get a damn link to work anymore...

was wondering if our Lithuanian friends noticed the offensive flow of the national team did not look very good.

shooters were crowding the pick n roll...making it useless. Floor spacing was dreadful. Bad shot selection etc... I really did not enjoy watching that game
            After the game coach Kemzura mentioned the offense was very bad. It was an extremely nervous game so I can fully understand the offense being terrible. However he was happy that Maciulis and Songaila played their roles wonderfully.

Regarding JV... I really don't get anyone who wants him in summer league, cause he's not getting much to play? Firstly, he does get to play and he would play even more if not the silly fouls. And I think the best way to fix it is to work right through that problem, not to run away to some 1 week long league full of scrubs. I do believe JV will be one of the main guys in Olympics (if qualified) since both Javtokas (C) and Songaila (PF/C) are pretty old already and they had to play full seasons and soon the fatigue might catch up to them. Jonas just needs to believe in himself more. It feels like he's thinking the team doesn't need him that much when in reality, him playing good would lift this Lithuanian team to entirely another level. So basically, he needs more confidence and more mature play (less silly fouls, overdoing stuff).
            Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Sat Jul 7, 2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• I think if he picks even 1 thing up from even being around Sabonis no matter what it is it is more valuable than being in the summer league.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                I think if he picks even 1 thing up from even being around Sabonis no matter what it is it is more valuable than being in the summer league.
                Agreed

Also, to those who are saying he should hit the weight room asap - wake up. He's 20 years old. Even though his frame is wide, I doubt he'll ever be Howards size. I believe the most beneficial thing for such a young kid is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. And by practice I mean PLAYING PRACTICE/EXPERIENCE, which he's getting an invaluable amount of at this moment. He will fill out his frame gradually as he's getting older (he's already put some nice, balanced weight this last year), it's NOT HEALTHY to force this bulk up. Do you want him to have Kanter's knees? Or do you want him to be a long-term piece of the Raptors puzzle?

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  Agreed

Also, to those who are saying he should hit the weight room asap - wake up. He's 20 years old. Even though his frame is wide, I doubt he'll ever be Howards size. I believe the most beneficial thing for such a young kid is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. And by practice I mean PLAYING PRACTICE/EXPERIENCE, which he's getting an invaluable amount of at this moment. He will fill out his frame gradually as he's getting older (he's already put some nice, balanced weight this last year), it's NOT HEALTHY to force this bulk up. Do you want him to have Kanter's knees? Or do you want him to be a long-term piece of the Raptors puzzle?

"Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice. We sittin' in here, I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talkin' about practice. I mean listen, we talkin bout practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game. We talkin bout practice. Not a game, not a, not a, not the game that I go out there and die for, and play every game like its my last. Not the game. We talkin' bout practice, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout practice. I know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example. I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout practice, man. What are we talkin' bout? Practice? We talkin' bout practice man. We talk... We talkin' bout practice. We talkin' bout practice. We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout practice, man. When you come into the arena, and you see me play, you see me play, don't you? You see me give everything I got, right? But we talkin' bout practice right now. We talkin' bout practice. (crowd laughs) Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout practice man. We not even talkin' bout the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talkin' bout practice."

-Allen Iverson

Comment

• Alex McKechnie and the raps staff know whats up. They arent going to have this kid bulk up where its going to be a problem. This isnt a CB4 era training staff. He just needs to get stronger. Think Tyson Chandler. He isnt bulky. But the guy is strong as a bull.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                      Alex McKechnie and the raps staff know whats up. They arent going to have this kid bulk up where its going to be a problem. This isnt a CB4 era training staff. He just needs to get stronger. Think Tyson Chandler. He isnt bulky. But the guy is strong as a bull.
                      Yeah, I absolutely have faith in Raptors staff. My point was more like the weight room can wait for now.

Comment

• JV's problems last night had little to do with strength and bulk. He took those first 2 fouls at the top of the key bumping or grabbing the player he was screening then a few moments later he picked up foul number 3 when foolishly slammed Santiago on a lay up. Then Puerto Rico went at JV and he was soon fouled out. Chock it up to inexperience but it was not the physical part of this particular game that was Jonas' shortcoming.

Comment

• It seems like Big V got twitter: @JonasValanciuna

Edit: It seems the account got suspended (probably fake). Terrence Ross retweeted him, which was what led me to believe it was real. Sorry, all.
                          Last edited by KingMaxwell47; Sat Jul 7, 2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                            It seems like Big V got twitter: @JonasValanciuna
                            fake...account suspended
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• This seems like the real one

https://twitter.com/JValanciunas

It's followed by Bargs and Jay Satur
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                                This seems like the real one

https://twitter.com/JValanciunas

It's followed by Bargs and Jay Satur
                                I seriously doubt it. Just look at his bio. Power forward. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X