Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D'Angelo Russell A possible Lowry Replacement?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default D'Angelo Russell A possible Lowry Replacement?

So this is most likely a Pipe dream but if The Raptors want to do a full tear down or know that Lowry is gonna walk in the off-season, Do you think we have enough trade chips to get someone like Rusell to be a building block for the rebuild? All indications are that the Lakers will take a PG at #2 if they keep the pick which makes Russell expendable.

According to SI, teams have already been in contact with the Lakers about Russell's availability. I really like him as a player and I wonder if we have enough peices to get him. What do you guys think? Would you be happy with him as the PG of the future? Also if Lowry walks who besides Cory would you bring in to be the PG of this team for the present and near Future?
    Last edited by Wobblez; Tue May 16th, 2017 at 09:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Wobblez wrote: View Post
    So this is most likely a Pipe dream but if The Raptors want to do a full tear down or know that Lowry is gonna walk in the off-season, Do you think we have enough trade chips to get someone like Rusell to be a building block for the rebuild? All indications are that the Lakers will take a PG at #2 if they keep the pick which makes Russell expendable.

According to SI, teams have already been in contact with the Lakers about Russell's availability. I really like him as a player and I wonder if we have enough peices to get him. What do you guys think? Would you be happy with him as the PG of the future? Also if Lowry walks who besides Cory would you bring in to be the PG of this team for the present and near Future?
    I don't think D'Angelo Russell is a very good PG. I'd rather give Delon Wright a shot

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Snitches get stitches

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a rat

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Snitches get stitches
    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    He's a rat
    Lol, if people are actually concerned about this, could it lower his trade value? Perfect time to strike!

6. Like Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol, if people are actually concerned about this, could it lower his trade value? Perfect time to strike!
    Would definitely lower his trade value if fans were making trades instead of GM's.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Would definitely lower his trade value if fans were making trades instead of GM's.
    I meant if there's some sort of "bro code" at play even at the managerial level. "I don't want no snitch on my team!"

Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh if Lowry goes I would try to get a real good package out of Denver for DD. I'd try to build the deal around Murray, Chandler, and the 13th pick this year. Haven't looked much into mid round prospects this year but I bet OG is on the board, or a couple good centers. Chandler can play some minutes over the season and probably be flipped for a late 1st too. Denver went hard at Wade last year so I could see them doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Eh if Lowry goes I would try to get a real good package out of Denver for DD. I'd try to build the deal around Murray, Chandler, and the 13th pick this year. Haven't looked much into mid round prospects this year but I bet OG is on the board, or a couple good centers. Chandler can play some minutes over the season and probably be flipped for a late 1st too. Denver went hard at Wade last year so I could see them doing this.
    I like this, but from what I've read Murray is untouchable. And regarding D'Angelo....hell to the no. Another prima donna who can't defend

Raptors Republic All-Star mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I ain't down with this snitch.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    My take is that DR was young (19) and immature. He apologized and came across genuinely sorry he made a mistake. The blowback was so bad he'd have to be an idiot not to understand that what he did was not a nice thing to do and will probably never betray confidences again.
    If all this is true...getting him on the low is wise. Disclosure...I haven't seen him play more than a couple of games and defer to experts views on his play upside.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

13. Like Mapko liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Complete coincidence that I stumbled on this video as I see this thread lol

Raptors Republic All-Star mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    My take is that DR was young (19) and immature. He apologized and came across genuinely sorry he made a mistake. The blowback was so bad he'd have to be an idiot not to understand that what he did was not a nice thing to do and will probably never betray confidences again.
    If all this is true...getting him on the low is wise. Disclosure...I haven't seen him play more than a couple of games and defer to experts views on his play upside.
    I think LA look to move Clarkson before DR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Is it because he's a snitch, or because his game is lacking?

If it's the former, I don't see why us fans should care if he helps improve the club on the court.

Post Thanks / Like

I see DR as nothing more than a glorified scorer, in the likes of Jamaal Crawford, Lou Williams etc.

Raptors Republic Rookie Truth Teller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No to snitches.

Also even if they draft Ball, either Ball or Russel can play the 2. Ball is certainly big enough.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 19th, 2017 at 01:11 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    No to snitches.

Also even if they draft Ball, either Ball or Russel can play the 2. Ball is certainly big enough.
    also Russel is not small himself...i thinks he is like 6'5

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Russell is trash lol

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Honesty, I would say the amount of pieces and chips we put in for Russell, I would rather use those pieces to get a top 5-7 pick this year's draft to draft a point guard. Guy like Dennis Smith is > Russell.

I am just saying if you REALLY want to make a deal for a PG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information