Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs. Ortiz

I know I'm a few days late on this, but did any of you guys get a chance to see this fight?
    Or how it ended?? Lol Too funny.

Ortiz really hurt his reputation by throwing that Head Butt.

Mayweather did nothing to his reputation, as he simply knocked the guy out at the FIRST chance he got.
    Just too bad that chance came when some might see it as a Cheap Shot.
    I thought it was fair play though.

"Hands down, man down"- Mark Jackson, 'nuff said.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      "Hands down, man down"- Mark Jackson, 'nuff said.
      Exactly!! Protect yourself at ALL times while in the Ring.

Mayweather just made a Vet move. Ortiz made a rookie Mistake.

Now, whether Mayweather EVER takes the Pacqiao fight is the REAL question.
      That would put Boxing back on the Map as a respectable Sport.

Two of the Best EVER, going at it in the Ring.

Comment

ref was a moron. mayweather is a douchbag.

that's about it..

where to start on cortez... what a dimwit.. he set boxing reffing back to the stone ages... ortiz's headbutt was totally illegal and intentional... ortiz is a tool for doing it.. cortez caught it which is good (he would have to be senile not to catch that blanka-like headbutt), BUT... and this is a HUGE "but"

it was INTENTIONAL. he took one point from ortiz.. an intentional headbutt is supposed to be two..

protocol is he's supposed to seperate the two fighters to neutral corners.. check on mayweather to make sure he's okay to continue... leave may in his corner... go over to ortiz and tell him he's taking TWO points, and the next headbutt regardless if intentional, will disqualify him... then bring the two men to the center.. let ortiz do his wacky apologizing, point to the timekeeper to restart, have the fighters touch gloves if they want, and signal "FIGHT"

how much of that happened?

NONE of it.

Ortiz should never have been allowed to wander around hugging May like a thousand times.. they should have been seperated and kept apart right from the stoppage..

It's not Ortiz's fault... sure he intentionally headbutted, but he got caught and punished (although the WRONG punishment)... It's not May's fault... it kinda sorta looked like the fight restarted.. It's all on Cortez... dude is a straight up moron.

Now, May is a total asswipe... he shouldnt be liked by anyone... but what he did was shady, but totally within the rules..

What makes him a complete douchebag is his interview with Larry Merchant afterwards

Comment

and Mayweather with never agree to fighting Pac-man.

he's scared, homie.

Comment

Ya Cortez is to blame for the whole thing. But the dude is like 80 years!! He shouldn't even be reffing anymore.

As for the Post Fight Interview, I totally agree Mayweather was a bit of a douche, but Merchant was WAY out of line as well.

0.0 oz of Class or Professionalism in either man.

As for Ortiz, that headbutt caused me to lose ALL respect for him.
            You just don't do THAT.

(PS Blanka-like is EXACTLY right. HAHAHA Love it.)

Comment

I have no respect for anybody involved.

Ortiz is dirty
              Cortez is a crap ref
              Mayweather is a douchebag, who ducks fights to maintain his perfect record. It's not just Pacquiao either... he's ducked multiple fighters who had a chance against him.... casamayor, freitas, tszyu, cotto, margarito, mosley... the list goes on.. dude is a wuss

Pac-man may have some losses.. but dude fights EVERYONE. without prejudice. if you'll get in the ring with him, he'll fight you.

Comment

Whether that punch was within the rules...it was still nothing short of a straight up SUCKER PUNCH! Mayweather is a punk, Pac-man would rock the fuck out of him.

And yes Ortiz should never have let his guard down like that. It was a stupid and elementary mistake. All that huggin' and apologizing bullshit served no purpose except to get knocked on his ass by a p***y move.

A sucker punch, is a sucker punch...is a sucker punch.

Comment

Working...
                X