Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vick breaks throwing hand and has hissy fit in press conference.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick breaks throwing hand and has hissy fit in press conference.

A couple weeks ago, super confident, Michael Vick sent out a verbal memo to the league: there isn't a defense who can stop him. Apparently the Hawks(concussion and a loss) and Giants(broken hand and a loss) missed this memo.

Not sure if you watched highlights last night but they showed Vick's press conference. After the game he gets up there and starts whining like a child. He threw his o-line under the bus and complained about the referees not treating him fairly. It sounded weak to me. Aaron Rodgers has been one of the top passers in the league since he began starting and he's always under pressure. He always has guys breathing down his neck. You know, it's funny. When he was drafted one of the "knocks" on him was that he wasn't athletic enough. Well it turns out that not only is he one of the better QBs in terms of mobility he can also do something Vick seems incapable of doing and that's have pocket awareness. For all Vick's hype the guy seems incapable of handling pressure in the pocket. It was a knock on him in Atlanta and it still is now. A guy as fast as he is should be able to sidestep some blitzes. He's not doing it, in my opinion, because he doesn't lack the pocket presence needed to do so. Either he gets rocked or he bails on the pocket and gets rocked elsewhere. People were seriously comparing him to Steve Young earlier in the season. I thought it was a joke as Vick has done nothing to earn such praise but do you know what happened to Young? He had to retire before he was ready because of?... Concussions. Steve Young was a much more intelligent QB than Vick is and Steve Young had much better poise in the pocket. Steve Young faced worse pressure than Vick and didn't resort to crying to some reporters. Anyway, 2-3. That's the next Steve Young's playoff record... "Dream team"...

I'm telling you, this guy is not a winner, he's not a good leader and this contract he just signed is going to look ridiculous to everyone by the end of next season.

Vince Young promoted to babysitter

The Eagles took the status of quarterback Mike Vick seriously this week. In fact, they took it so seriously that, according to Jay Glazer of FOX, the Eagles asked backup quarterback Vince Young to keep an eye on Vick, and to report back to the training staff if he sees any signs of concussions symptoms.
    Source: Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

In other news somebody got shot at Michael Vick's birthday party on Thursday night.

Comment

Vick was upset, and understandably so. First a concussion, then a badly bruised hand that was originally described as broken. Clearly opponents are trying to take him out.

But Vick is not getting hit more than other quarterbacks. According to ESPN's Stats & Information video analysis, entering Week 3, Vick, Sam Bradford and Chad Henne each had been hit six times while throwing. Add in that Vick is fair game when he chooses to scramble outside the pocket -- and not slide -- and yes, he is getting hit a lot. But ignored by officials? No. He has benefited from one roughing-the-passer call already this season.

"Everybody saw the game," Vick said after the Eagles lost to the Giants. "I was on the ground constantly, all of the time. Every time I throw the ball in all my highlights and just watching film in general, every time I throw the ball I'm on the ground, getting hit in the head, and I don't know why. I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does, but hey, I'm not going to complain about it."

Vick needs to notice that his team is in jeopardy of collapsing. Its defense under first-year coordinator Juan Castillo has major issues at linebacker and in the secondary. Against the Giants, the offense sputtered in the red zone. Instead of complaining about non-calls, Vick should have tried to rally his teammates. Leaders lead.
      Source: ESPN.com

The Dream Team is in a lot of trouble if their $100M glass man can't start getting the ball out of the pocket faster than a sophmore still learning the game on a bad team or a mediocre vet on an even worse team.

Comment

... Mike Vick is Left-Handed isn't he? Didn't he hurt his right hand?

And apparently it's only a bruise, not broken.

Annnd from what I've been seeing, he's been getting hit ALOT after the throw. Which is actually what happened when he injured his hand AND got his concussion, was it not?

Either way, I haven't been following enough to see how he's been playing. I hear it's not like a $100M man.

Comment

In terms of the bone bruise, you're talking in hindsight. I gave you what came out that day. As already posted right above you:
          But Vick is not getting hit more than other quarterbacks. According to ESPN's Stats & Information video analysis, entering Week 3, Vick, Sam Bradford and Chad Henne each had been hit six times while throwing. Add in that Vick is fair game when he chooses to scramble outside the pocket -- and not slide -- and yes, he is getting hit a lot. But ignored by officials? No. He has benefited from one roughing-the-passer call already this season.
          Hit while throwing, this is what they're talking about Joey, it's the same thing. If the guy had a better pocket presence this wouldn't be happening as much to him. He's the fastest guy in the league but he's not the brightest. I'm telling you a lot of games teams are throwing the house at Aaron Rodgers and he is a text book example of superb pocket presence. He side steps and moves around in there creating extra time. Vick doesn't do this. Usually he takes a hit or he leaves the pocket too soon and then takes an open field hit. The Eagles are on the hook for $40M of his $100M deal. That's a whole lot for a guy who's never proven anything in the playoffs and has a history of getting hurt and putting himself in situations where he is more likely to get hurt. He's going to either need to be mentored by somebody who knows how to play in the pocket or the Eagles are going to regret the contract.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Annnd from what I've been seeing, he's been getting hit ALOT after the throw.
          joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I haven't been following enough to see how he's been playing.
          What?

Comment

"Mr.Nobodycanstop" me lost again today. His team is now 1-3 and it's going to be difficult for them to even get a wildcard should they lose once more,

Comment

Just an update. It turns out no one can stop Vick and the Eagles... Besides the last four teams they've faced. "Dream team". They sure know how to talk a big game.

Comment

Working...
              X