Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vigilante justice I witnessed in India

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vigilante justice I witnessed in India

I just got back from Mother India and some clown tried to rob a money exchange place.

I was outside and noticed that the bandit was trying to escape out the door, however it seemed locked from the inside.

I thought that was odd.

I saw two men come out from behind the cash with Motorcycle chains.

I thought they were going to tie him up for the cops.

Nope.

They lashed him.

Mercilessly.

Have you ever witnessed something like that ?

Is that justice?

Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote randyc wrote: View Post
    I just got back from Mother India and some clown tried to rob a money exchange place.

I was outside and noticed that the bandit was trying to escape out the door, however it seemed locked from the inside.

I thought that was odd.

I saw two men come out from behind the cash with Motorcycle chains.

I thought they were going to tie him up for the cops.

Nope.

They lashed him.

Mercilessly.

Have you ever witnessed something like that ?

Is that justice?
    i saw police in china use the motor bike chains of the bikes the thieves just stole to beat them with and then tie them around their wrists until they bled. i took video but the police saw and made me delete it.

if he never tries to steal again, seems like justice to me.

3. Like randyc liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it 'justice' purely from a legal sense? Likely not.

I tend to look the other way when bad people have bad things happen to them as a direct result of their own bad actions. Don't wanna get beaten by chains? Then don't rob a money store.

But on the off chance this guy was innocent....
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.

5. Like Joey, Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are far more despicable crimes being commited right now that would probably happen far less if the perpetrators had the fear of vigilante justice in the back of their minds. Like sexual assaults and all crimes against those unable to defend themselves both physically and intellectually.

Justice is defined as fair treatment for the offense committed. Everyone's definition of what is fair can be different. In most of the civilized world we let the justice system handle things so that there is order. If vigilante justice were legal you would probably see a lot of innocent people getting hurt because vigilante justice is usually fueled by emotion instead of logic.

Post Thanks / Like

saw this guy on rogan a while back. trained mixed martial artist. in the city he is in they have "agreeable" fight laws. where if both parties agree, the street fight is legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    saw this guy on rogan a while back. trained mixed martial artist. in the city he is in they have "agreeable" fight laws. where if both parties agree, the street fight is legal.

"Mutual Combat". And ya he's in Seattle I believe. It's a law in Oregon; and several other states I think.

9. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    "Mutual Combat". And ya he's in Seattle I believe. It's a law in Oregon; and several other states I think.
    Lol really? Can I pick up my CCW and shoot a guy?

"When there is mutual combat upon a sudden quarrel,
    both parties are the aggressors, and if in the fight one is killed
    it will be manslaughter at least."
    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Jul 30th, 2017 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been reading about this mutual combat law. People are using mutual combat law as a defense to murder charges. This is nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I've just been reading about this mutual combat law. People are using mutual combat law as a defense to murder charges. This is nuts.
    Considering you can kill a guy in one hard shot to the wrong place, I'm not surprised. Mutual combat could see you fighting a retired marine, a MMA fighter, a pro kick boxer, you name it. Mix that with with 50% of Americans being in poor physical condition and this is not a shocker. It's a much better option than guns though, so maybe this is America headed in the right direction... Somehow? lol

I'm also not surprised that others are using it as a hail mary get out of jail free attempt. It is a crazy law.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my ex-colleagues moved to the Turks and Caicos a few years back as the right hand man for a wealthy family. While he was at work, his house was broken into and his wife was raped. Obviously, they reported it to police. His boss (the president of the company) showed up at the hospital the next day to find out what happened. He listened somberly then left.

About three weeks later the police stopped by to say that they knew who did it but that they had disappeared. My buddy went to the office and was telling his boss and one of the sons what the police had told him. They looked at him and the son said, "Yes, I am sure that they fled. I wouldn't worry about it." And the father said, "Yes, people like that get lost all the time." My buddy thought the whole conversation was very odd.

Three weeks later some parts of one of the guys washed up on a beach somewhere. My buddy asked the police what happened and they said that it had all been taken care of and that it was probably a boating accident. It wasn't a boating accident. What he eventually found out was that committing crimes against foreigners was a big no-no, especially ones working for rich families on the island, and that his employers had taken care of things themselves.

14. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    One of my ex-colleagues moved to the Turks and Caicos a few years back as the right hand man for a wealthy family. While he was at work, his house was broken into and his wife was raped. Obviously, they reported it to police. His boss (the president of the company) showed up at the hospital the next day to find out what happened. He listened somberly then left.

About three weeks later the police stopped by to say that they knew who did it but that they had disappeared. My buddy went to the office and was telling his boss and one of the sons what the police had told him. They looked at him and the son said, "Yes, I am sure that they fled. I wouldn't worry about it." And the father said, "Yes, people like that get lost all the time." My buddy thought the whole conversation was very odd.

Three weeks later some parts of one of the guys washed up on a beach somewhere. My buddy asked the police what happened and they said that it had all been taken care of and that it was probably a boating accident. It wasn't a boating accident. What he eventually found out was that committing crimes against foreigners was a big no-no, especially ones working for rich families on the island, and that his employers had taken care of things themselves.
    Rapists ( and acid attackers ) deserve everything they have coming to them

Post Thanks / Like

Rapists ( and acid attackers ) deserve everything they have coming to them
    and pedophiles

17. Like rocwell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/apos-creep...191748906.html

and here is the problem with vigilante justice.

"A man told police he was approached by another man, who he didn't know, outside a restaurant.

Police say the second man was Karnes, who started recording the first man on video and accused him of trying to meet up with a young boy.

The man got in his car and drove away but was followed. When he stopped again, police say Karnes blocked his vehicle and told him to get out.

The other man backed up to get away and ended up hitting a parked car. When he finally left the area, he called police.

According to Sgt. Jack Poitras, the man wasn't even the person Karnes thought he was confronting and was confused by the entire interaction."

19. Like Nilanka, Joey, Apollo, DanH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

and pedophiles
    I love vigilante pedophile hunting projects. In UK, lads are doing pretty good job. Very thin line, but they somehow manage to shame mofos and get a conviction. Not sure about other countries, heard that Canadian creep hunters are criminals themselves tho. Disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/apos-creep...191748906.html

and here is the problem with vigilante justice.

"A man told police he was approached by another man, who he didn't know, outside a restaurant.

Police say the second man was Karnes, who started recording the first man on video and accused him of trying to meet up with a young boy.

The man got in his car and drove away but was followed. When he stopped again, police say Karnes blocked his vehicle and told him to get out.

The other man backed up to get away and ended up hitting a parked car. When he finally left the area, he called police.

According to Sgt. Jack Poitras, the man wasn't even the person Karnes thought he was confronting and was confused by the entire interaction."
    Yeah, UK lads started this. Main guys in the UK have "understanding" with the police and follow law closely otherwise they'd get shutdown.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...ar-cricket-bat

i think this is the case that really first got me interested in the topic. i am pro gun etc. and i think up until the severe beating resulting in brain damage these guys were in the right chasing the perps and a couple swings to immobilize him and waiting for the police would have been fine. i think if the beating happened in the house a few more swings with the bat would have been fine as well, but immediate threat to his family was over.

"Munir Hussain, 53, discovered three masked men in his house when his family returned from their local mosque during Ramadan in September last year.

The burglars tied up and threatened to kill Hussain and his family but a teenage son managed to escape and alert Hussain's brother, Tokeer.

The intruders fled when help arrived at the house in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, but the brothers chased and caught one, Walid Salem, a criminal with more than 50 previous convictions. He was then subjected to what Judge John Reddihough described as a "dreadful, violent attack" by the Hussain brothers.

Salem was left with a permanent brain injury after he was struck with a cricket bat so hard that it broke into three pieces. The revenge attack was self-defence that went too far, Reading crown court was told."

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...ar-cricket-bat

i think this is the case that really first got me interested in the topic. i am pro gun etc. and i think up until the severe beating resulting in brain damage these guys were in the right chasing the perps and a couple swings to immobilize him and waiting for the police would have been fine. i think if the beating happened in the house a few more swings with the bat would have been fine as well, but immediate threat to his family was over.

"Munir Hussain, 53, discovered three masked men in his house when his family returned from their local mosque during Ramadan in September last year.

The burglars tied up and threatened to kill Hussain and his family but a teenage son managed to escape and alert Hussain's brother, Tokeer.

The intruders fled when help arrived at the house in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, but the brothers chased and caught one, Walid Salem, a criminal with more than 50 previous convictions. He was then subjected to what Judge John Reddihough described as a "dreadful, violent attack" by the Hussain brothers.

Salem was left with a permanent brain injury after he was struck with a cricket bat so hard that it broke into three pieces. The revenge attack was self-defence that went too far, Reading crown court was told."
    I feel bad for these guys, but they should've known better. Everyone must know when you can use deadly or reasonable force and when you have to stop. I've had this talk with my parents when I was 14 yrs old. Jiu Jitsu association clubs also start preaching at a very young age. Not sure about others, but I remember coaches speaking to me about Canada's law and police attitude to self defenders.

Raptors Republic Superstar Machine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Revenge is not justice. The reality is that almost all people who commit serious or violent offences in Canada will eventually be released into the community again so the goal should always be rehabilitation. Revenge does nothing to help that. Rehabilitation isnt always realistic but it should be the goal. My university professor explained that many Countries come to Canada to learn about our justice system because we have one of the lowest reoffeding rates per population for developed countries. Canada's justice system is much further ahead and more effective than the U.S. because we have a higher focus on rehabilitation. I deal with serious offenders on a daily basis and i get paid twice as much in Canada as I would in the U.S. partly because my position has more responsibilities in Canada and we value rehabilitation more.

25. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Machine wrote: View Post
    Revenge is not justice. The reality is that almost all people who commit serious or violent offences in Canada will eventually be released into the community again so the goal should always be rehabilitation. Revenge does nothing to help that. Rehabilitation isnt always realistic but it should be the goal. My university professor explained that many Countries come to Canada to learn about our justice system because we have one of the lowest reoffeding rates per population for developed countries. Canada's justice system is much further ahead and more effective than the U.S. because we have a higher focus on rehabilitation. I deal with serious offenders on a daily basis and i get paid twice as much in Canada as I would in the U.S. partly because my position has more responsibilities in Canada and we value rehabilitation more.
    Not sure where I heard this, but I believe Norway has the best rehabilitation rates in the World. Is that right?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where I heard this, but I believe Norway has the best rehabilitation rates in the World. Is that right?
    Best Prison System in general in the entire world. Absolutely.
    Michael Moore did a short Documentary on it:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information