No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It depends on what you're looking to do. This COD is a classic COD. I'm not a fast twitch gamer, I survive on out smarting people and so I like this one. There's no one bouncing around over my head all over the place. I'm doing battle in short, medium and long range corridors. Right up my alley. If you're looking for an epic experience you're not getting it here. What you are getting is tight gunplay on good small-medium sized maps.

Comment

• Steam Sale is on ... Origin has some great deals as well.

Anyone try Titanfall 2? Good deal for that and Battlefield 1 combo pack.

Mass Effect Andromeda for $25 also seems reasonable .. DanH, is it worth that? Lol

Apollo, you do the Origin Subscription thing eh? Worth it?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Mass Effect Andromeda for $25 also seems reasonable .. DanH, is it worth that? Lol
        worth it, but you will level passed any mission difficulty. then the game is just rinse and repeat battles for cut scenes

Comment

Steam Sale is on ... Origin has some great deals as well.

Andromeda apparently killed Mass Effect. I'm weary about playing it at all. lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Andromeda apparently killed Mass Effect. I'm weary about playing it at all. lol
            I've heard alot of people say that it's bugs and "quirks" were massively blown out of proportion. But can't really say .. I still need to finish the First 3. Lol

Comment

Steam Sale is on ... Origin has some great deals as well.

I loved Titanfall 1. It had some of the best maps in any shooter i've played. Unfortunately Titanfall 2 has the worst maps in any shooter I've played. They did a great job expanding the game in other areas, more titans, better progression, more unlocks, abilities and customization. However, the shitty maps made the game unplayable for me. They took away what made titanfall so fun which was the fluidity, ease and fun of traversing the maps. Instead they made the maps so open amd much more flat which takes away all the advantages of your pilots abilities. Some people seem to enjoy the game but it wasnt for me.

The origin subscription is definitely worth it. For $30 bux u get every game u just mentioned for a year plus all ea sports games. You will eventually get the new star wars game. NHL 18 and madden 18 will be added very soon. Theres alotta great games in their vault now.

Comment

• $25 for Andromeda is a good price. It's still a huge game that's got pretty good gameplay. I found it much more enjoyable once I stopped trying to do everything and focused on the story missions. The side quests are way too disconnected from the story, just bogs the game down.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Have been playing Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands lately in Coop with a buddy ... easily some of the best Tactical gaming I've played. On the Extreme difficulty it's incredibly tough, but so damn satisfying.

And the environment is unlike any game I've ever seen before .. the world map is absolutely HUGE. I'd say easily 4-5x bigger than GTA. And its breathtakingly beautiful .. like the lush jungles, and dusty deserts, snow covered mountains, all accessible, and all so damn detailed.

As long as you're playing Coop, I'd absolutely recommend anyone to pick this game up that enjoys good Tom Clancy style tactical gun fighting.

Comment

Have been playing Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands lately in Coop with a buddy ... easily some of the best Tactical gaming I've played. On the Extreme difficulty it's incredibly tough, but so damn satisfying.

And the environment is unlike any game I've ever seen before .. the world map is absolutely HUGE. I'd say easily 4-5x bigger than GTA. And its breathtakingly beautiful .. like the lush jungles, and dusty deserts, snow covered mountains, all accessible, and all so damn detailed.

As long as you're playing Coop, I'd absolutely recommend anyone to pick this game up that enjoys good Tom Clancy style tactical gun fighting.
                    Yeah me and a buddy played through that game a while back and loved it. When things go right u can create some pretty epic moments. Could definitely get back into it on a harder setting.

I got my 4k Oled TV with the xbox one x hooked up now and as a console gamer I have never had this kind of performance before. Ive been blown away. Been playing Assassins Creed Origins which looks insane in 4k. The game has been completely revamped and is now an RPG. Great mission variety and huge map. Has to be my favorite Assassins creed so far and I really enjoyed Black Flag.

Comment

• warhammer vermintide is free on Xbox gold this month. mine is downloading, and I played the tutorial. seems good so far. High paced skyrim gameplay

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        warhammer vermintide is free on Xbox gold this month. mine is downloading, and I played the tutorial. seems good so far. High paced skyrim gameplay
                        Had never even heard of it ... looks interesting though, like a mix of Skyrim and Left 4 Dead. Sequel coming out next year. Might check it out.

Comment

Had never even heard of it ... looks interesting though, like a mix of Skyrim and Left 4 Dead. Sequel coming out next year. Might check it out.
                          started a game, not knowing what to expect. dropped down into crazy multiplayer gameplay. had no idea about the maps, or what my character's role was etc. got intimidated and quit out. went back in, and if you load the custom game the game supplies you with 3 bots so you can go at your own pace and learn the basics, and especially the maps.

i am really enjoying it, the pace is fantastic, and exciting. the best free game with gold since max: the curse of brotherhood.

i just really wish that games workshop went and released a digital warhammer game. not a big 40k man, but i would play it anyway. i love my goblin army.

Comment

• Guys, help me out. I know nothing about the Nintendo Switch, but need to buy a game for my cousin's Xmas gift. What are the best/popular titles available right now?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Guys, help me out. I know nothing about the Nintendo Switch, but need to buy a game for my cousin's Xmas gift. What are the best/popular titles available right now?
                              if he doesn't have mario, it looks good. he probably has zelda, if not, it is great

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Guys, help me out. I know nothing about the Nintendo Switch, but need to buy a game for my cousin's Xmas gift. What are the best/popular titles available right now?
                                The legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
                                Super Mario Odyssey
                                Mario Kart Deluxe 8
                                Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
                                Splatoon 2
                                Arms

Those are my fav switch titles so far. Though they do have more third party titles as well now.

Comment

Working...
                                X