No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I get home from work today and my wife is all "I have a suprise for you!!!"

I got it, early at that because my b day is a few weeks away. I just installed the patch and I'm ready to roll with this. My bad ass warrior/archer/blacksmith/enchanter in Skyrim is on the shelf indefinitely. Sorry dude.

Comment

• 2 Hours In:

So I got a couple hours in last night and here are some thoughts about the game so far:

1. Graphics: GTA games in the past never really had a focus on having some of the best graphics around. While they always looked good, they never were best in class. This game looks awesome and this is coming from someone who was playing Skyrim the night before.

2. Gameplay: This is not "your fathers GTA". I gotta be honest, as soon as I was free to explore I stole a car and went joy riding. So I go up into the mountains in what looks like an Audi sports car and I end up flipping the car over. I rush out immediately because the thing is going to catch fire and blow because that's what always happens, right? Nothing happens... So I steal an SUV from a passer by and just up the road is a nice looking cliff for me to fly off. I hit that cliff full speed but go off slightly unbalanced, barrel roll and when I land it's upside down and immediately the car explodes. It will take a little bit to get used to these changes. I also got shot up by the cops in my house while trying to save... And based on how that went down I'm not even sure that saving would have removed my wanted level. Oh and I stumbled across a lion which killed me on sight ha, ha... This GTA seems like it's going to be more challenging.

3. Music: I love the music. First tune I heard brought me back and that was "Still Dre"; loved that song. Lots of good rap from what I consider the golden years and lots of good rock.

4. Voice acting: Top notch so far. I'm pretty sure Franklin's voice actor did C.J. from San Andreas. Michael is done well as well.

5. Map: It's frickin' huge and it's mind boggling to think about the detail on top of the sheer size.

6. Strip club: That was a shocker. It ain't like "your father's GTA strip club" ha, ha. Kids should not be playing this game.

7. Weird symbols: Never noticed this crap in past games but there are pyramids and eye's of Horus falling out of the woodwork...

Comment

• I found the map tiny for some reason. Like the Los santos area is pretty small, the northern country side is big but there ain't shit to do there. The story was great tho and the shooting was much improved as well as the driving. They added some elements from midnight club which is also made by rockstar

Comment

• Sooo 2k14 is 2k13 with updated rosters ... Very upset. I was expecting a complete overhaul, as they were preaching. Amir's model hasn't changed in 3 years. Demar's hasn't changed since his rookie season. JV doesn't even look like himself .. And to top it all off, NBA Live 14 is only coming out on PS4 and XB1.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I found the map tiny for some reason. Like the Los santos area is pretty small, the northern country side is big but there ain't shit to do there. The story was great tho and the shooting was much improved as well as the driving. They added some elements from midnight club which is also made by rockstar
            I have no complaints about the map, as I love off-roading in this game. I'd say Los Santos is about as big as the entire GTA4 map. So the entire northern part of the state is just bonus in my opinion. Lol
            However, after playing Skyrim for so long, I did expect more caves and stuff in the mountains, but alas, can't have everything we want in life.

Comment

• Not to mention they STILL insist and hampering Raptors fans with this "Tim Green" Player Scout on the staff, that costs $8M a year. Absolutely ridiculous, you can't make any staff moves because of this stupid contract. The guy doesn't even exist.

Comment

• Thinking about buying an online membership to play GTA online. How is everyone liking it? is it worth it?

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                  Thinking about buying an online membership to play GTA online. How is everyone liking it? is it worth it?
                  I didn't need to buy anything to play the Online Mode. But its great.
                  I haven't had any glitches at all with it in the short amount of time I've played it.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I didn't need to buy anything to play the Online Mode. But its great.
                    I haven't had any glitches at all with it in the short amount of time I've played it.
                    I mean like the online membership to sign in to xbox live, I never go online with my Xbox so I'd have to buy one haha

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      I mean like the online membership to sign in to xbox live, I never go online with my Xbox so I'd have to buy one haha
                      Ohhh I know nothing about Xbox .. but the GTA Online is a lot of fun.

Comment

Ohhh I know nothing about Xbox .. but the GTA Online is a lot of fun.
                        Duuudeeee. Lets play sometime! my psn is RagingRaps. I dont have a mic tho

Comment

• I heard that Rockstar is giving everybody ha half million in play money for GTA Online. Time to go on a virtual shopping spree ha, ha.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I heard that Rockstar is giving everybody ha half million in play money for GTA Online. Time to go on a virtual shopping spree ha, ha.
                            Kind of like the Federal Reserve.... except you have to be a TBTF bank to really enjoy.

Comment

Not to mention they STILL insist and hampering Raptors fans with this "Tim Green" Player Scout on the staff, that costs $8M a year. Absolutely ridiculous, you can't make any staff moves because of this stupid contract. The guy doesn't even exist.
                              I know right! It's the most useless position too. Just the NBA's way to stick to the Raps I figure. Let the conspiracy theory continue!!
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Well i was playing and some random player gave me like $3 milliion and now im filthy rich. Ton of hackers on GTA online

Comment

Working...
                                X