The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    If you dial up the difficulty(sliders) most of that is gone. If you have a good feel for what you the problem is you can optimize your game for it. If you take it online, good luck cheesing for long.
    Oh, I'm not just talking being able to run slants on every play.... I'm talking more AI quirks and the way the AI can actually chet on you.... mostly with low dive tackles or fumbles/interception stuff. If you slow down footage like I do, you'll see a lot of bad AI... and it can be a sight at times.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Between NBA Live 98 and NBA Live 2005, I was exclively NBA Live, and it was a great game ... would never have considered at the time that they would be out of the market for like 8 years.. can't understand it. I think they're focusing too much on differentiating themselves from 2K, when really they should just be focused on making a great game.
      Yeah same here. I had nba live 97 up until nba live 10 with dwight howard on the cover. Was forced to switch when live elite fell through and realized how much better 2k was. 2k is far from perfect but live just needs to put more work into the gameplay. They need like 2 or 3 years off to do it. Or maybe they just need better talent, who knows.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Oh, I'm not just talking being able to run slants on every play.... I'm talking more AI quirks and the way the AI can actually chet on you.... mostly with low dive tackles or fumbles/interception stuff. If you slow down footage like I do, you'll see a lot of bad AI... and it can be a sight at times.
        Sorry never noticed that before but I don't breakdown my Madden game footage. Besides tipped passes going for an occasional pick six I've never sat back and called BS. Those do occur in football though.

Comment

Sorry never noticed that before but I don't breakdown my Madden game footage. Besides tipped passes going for an occasional pick six I've never sat back and called BS. Those do occur in football though.
          Tipped passes don't bug me so much, but rather small things.... such as players slowing down or stopping completely when they have a chance to tackle someone themselves, etc. This one guy I watch on Youtube called Ryanmoody21 breaks down Madden amazingly.

Here's an example of what he finds:
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Tipped passes don't bug me so much, but rather small things.... such as players slowing down or stopping completely when they have a chance to tackle someone themselves, etc. This one guy I watch on Youtube called Ryanmoody21 breaks down Madden amazingly.

Here's an example of what he finds:
            I've seen videos of those for years but honestly hardly ever see any in gameplay. Madden may not drastically improve each year but it is consistently good and better than most sports games.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              I've seen videos of those for years but honestly hardly ever see any in gameplay. Madden may not drastically improve each year but it is consistently good and better than most sports games.
              I agree. I never notice wonky stuff in the game. Maybe once a blue moon.

Comment

• I've boycotted 2k since 2k16 after the refused to make a playable port for PC. Recently picked up a PS4 and will be getting live. You have to support the competition.

Comment

• I received 2k16 last year free as a PS+ member. It was ok. I find I just don't enjoy basketball games like I used to. I liked the out of game GM mode stuff though.

Comment

• Sports games in general just aren't that great most of the times. Unless you have a buddy and a few brews, I usually lose attention pretty fast. In HS we used to play a ton of 4 player NBA Live '04 where it would turn into a drinking game. Make an alley-oop, everyone drinks. Block a shot, other 3 drink. That sort of thing.

4 player NHL was sweet back in the day too but now I can't be bothered with hockey games unless there's another person (and no, online doesn't count).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I received 2k16 last year free as a PS+ member. It was ok. I find I just don't enjoy basketball games like I used to. I liked the out of game GM mode stuff though.
                      I was not a fan of the gameplay in 2k16. It was the only time I uninstalled the new game and went back to the old game for the rest of the season. They tried to fix some exploits that were in 2k15 and just fucked up everything. 2k17 was a return to great gameplay tho while also fixing old exploits.

Comment

• Been playing around with NHL 18 Franchise Mode, and it's fantastic as a game mode... however, I just lost back to back Stanley Cup Finals with my Expansion Team to the Columbus Blue Jackets, with the last series going to 7 & us losing a 8-7 game.
                        Axel wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Been playing around with NHL 18 Franchise Mode, and it's fantastic as a game mode... however, I just lost back to back Stanley Cup Finals with my Expansion Team to the Columbus Blue Jackets, with the last series going to 7 & us losing a 8-7 game.
                          As an expansion team, do you get to do an expansion draft?

Always loved the idea of the expansion draft.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            As an expansion team, do you get to do an expansion draft?

Always loved the idea of the expansion draft.
                            You do get to do a full expansion draft... sadly, your choices are the players Vegas left on the table with a few exceptions. The one thing that sucks is atm, you're playing out of the Central Division only. So instead of making the Hartford Whalers as that would make 0 sense geographically, I made the Austin Eagles, considering we might see a 2nd NHL team in Texas shortly. Plus, it allowed me to give the NHL a Brown team.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• NBA 2k18 is pretty solid. The gameplay and player movement is far more natural and fluent than 2k17. Still some odd forced animations which can be frustrating, but I'll take the improvement. 2k17 was pretty brutal.

Haven't gotten into the MyCareer much yet, but that seems to be where the bulk of peoples angst lies with the VC gouging. This whole "open world basketball game" seems a bit too much for me.

MyGM does pretty good about rewarding VC though, so I've got a ton of it already... can I sell it for real money like 2k does? Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                NBA 2k18 is pretty solid. The gameplay and player movement is far more natural and fluent than 2k17. Still some odd forced animations which can be frustrating, but I'll take the improvement. 2k17 was pretty brutal.

Haven't gotten into the MyCareer much yet, but that seems to be where the bulk of peoples angst lies with the VC gouging. This whole "open world basketball game" seems a bit too much for me.

MyGM does pretty good about rewarding VC though, so I've got a ton of it already... can I sell it for real money like 2k does? Lol
                                I actually found it to be the opposite. This years gameplay feels much more herky jerky and movement that is less natural and smooth. You are right about mycareer. The VC gouging is completely outrageous and honestly offensive to consumers. The performance and servers has never been something they are known for but it is 10 times worse than last year's launch. I could go on and on but needless to say I am pretty disappointed with this years game thus far and would not recommend it to anyone.
                                Last edited by Machine; Thu Sep 21, 2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X