No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario is lots of fun. Not terribly challenging but that's kind of the point I guess for a Nintendo game. Love how they integrate some 2d stuff in there to get that retro feel. Plays a lot like Mario 64 so need to work with the camera angles so you can see what's happening.. but it's really enjoyable.

The best thing about it is being able to play it on the road. Took it with me when my wife and I were shopping around this weekend. Stayed in the car as she was getting some errands done.

Comment

• Picked up CoD WWII this weekend. Only got to play for a little bit and spent it exclusively doing online multiplayer but first impressions are great. Love to be back in the traditional era with traditional gear load outs.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Picked up CoD WWII this weekend. Only got to play for a little bit and spent it exclusively doing online multiplayer but first impressions are great. Love to be back in the traditional era with traditional gear load outs.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I bought it last night but haven't played it yet. It was downloading when I put my PS4 in rest mode. I opted for PS4 over PC for this one because there's no edge for PC in a game like this where there's no mods.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Picked up CoD WWII this weekend. Only got to play for a little bit and spent it exclusively doing online multiplayer but first impressions are great. Love to be back in the traditional era with traditional gear load outs.
            Loving it so far too. Started playing last night and have been leveling up today.

Got my xbox one x early today too. Looking forward to getting the enhanced update for cod this week. I still only have an hdtv but was just cycling through the visual options for rise of the tomb raider and there is a huge upgrade even on hdtv's. Will be upgrading to a 4k tv on black friday so cant wait to see how cod looks then.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I bought it last night but haven't played it yet. It was downloading when I put my PS4 in rest mode. I opted for PS4 over PC for this one because there's no edge for PC in a game like this where there's no mods.
              Yeah, downloading games after buying a disc is still strange to me after growing up in the NES/SNES era. Seriously cut down my time to play on day one.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Yeah, downloading games after buying a disc is still strange to me after growing up in the NES/SNES era. Seriously cut down my time to play on day one.
                I actually purchased this one digitally. I don't always do it that way but I did this time. COD is probably one of the better to buy on disc though because they usually have good trade in value.

This will be the first COD I'll sink significant time into since BLOPS1. It's been a while, I've been focused mostly on older releases I missed.

Comment

• Started the COD campaign yesterday and although COD is not known for its campaigns, so far this feels like one of the better COD campains ive ever played. Good story telling so far and the missions actually feel realistic and like you're actually contributing to the war and helping turn the tide. The graphics are pretty insane too.

Loving the multiplayer too. Its been a while since I've played a game that had me itching to get home from work to play it immediately. My COD muscle memory is slowly starting to come back. Really enjoying these maps. They dont feel like your traditional 3 lane maps even tho some of them are. They've done a great job with them. The maps support a variety of play styles which im happy to see. There's something for snipers and run and gunners and often both in the same map. Im leaning towards getting the season pass which I havent done for a COD game in ages.
                  Last edited by Machine; Tue Nov 7, 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Played the first campaign mission and an hour of MP. The starting airborne gun is a beast. Wow.

Comment

Played the first campaign mission and an hour of MP. The starting airborne gun is a beast. Wow.
                      Yes it is. I ended up switching to the 2nd smg unlock tho and am just waiting to unlock the faster fire rate to match the starting gun. I am also loving the 3rd assault rifle too (forget the name) literally no recoil and the reload speed is faster than the other assault rifles. Plus i am now level 4 infantry so my reload speed with assault rifles is significantly faster now and getting the extra primary attatchment just makes it a beast gun.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                        Yes it is. I ended up switching to the 2nd smg unlock tho and am just waiting to unlock the faster fire rate to match the starting gun. I am also loving the 3rd assault rifle too (forget the name) literally no recoil and the reload speed is faster than the other assault rifles. Plus i am now level 4 infantry so my reload speed with assault rifles is significantly faster now and getting the extra primary attatchment just makes it a beast gun.
                        The assault rifle i was talking about is the STG44

Comment

• I'm using the PPSH with gunslinger and all hip fire attachments. It's my close quarters loadout.

I'm using the Bar with Instinct and recoil reduction, damage increase and reticle. This is my loadout for maps where there's some medium and long range distances. This thing hits hard. I could unlock this one early because I was given a free prestige token for buying digital.

I think I'm starting to find my groove now. It's been a while since I played a COD and I got whooped early on but now I'm holding my own.

Comment

I'm using the PPSH with gunslinger and all hip fire attachments. It's my close quarters loadout.

I'm using the Bar with Instinct and recoil reduction, damage increase and reticle. This is my loadout for maps where there's some medium and long range distances. This thing hits hard. I could unlock this one early because I was given a free prestige token for buying digital.

I think I'm starting to find my groove now. It's been a while since I played a COD and I got whooped early on but now I'm holding my own.
                            Yeah i got my free prestige point late but I unlocked the Bar with it too. Its a beast gun. I used instict for a while but recently switched to the one that allows you to see the red names above enemies from a much further distance.

Im still using the 2nd smg for close quarters with an attachment that adds range. Sorry i forget all the names for everything lol. Getting back into the sniping groove too for the boat map and the big cannon one.

Have a quiet weekend for once will be putting a bunch of hours in. Loving the game so far.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                              Yeah i got my free prestige point late but I unlocked the Bar with it too.
                              I didn't use mine until I was at like level 25 or 30. I wanted to try out different divisions and equipment before I made the call. Then I saw a video of someone using the bar and it reminded me of the M14 from Black Ops 1. I mean this gun is semi and the M14 was a single fire assault rifle but the Bar has a slow rate of fire and is best used like a single fire. The sound, the stopping power and the distance it can carry all make it feel something like the M14. The M14 was pretty good serving like a hip firing shotgun in close quarters but I've not tried that out with the Bar yet. Anyway, you're right it is a beast.

Machine wrote: View Post
                              I used instict for a while but recently switched to the one that allows you to see the red names above enemies from a much further distance.
                              I'll have to see if I have that one unlocked. I think instinct has been great for me while I've been getting used to COD again and learning the maps because I've been able to run away from ambushes or double back and catch guys off guard. That said I'm ready to try something different in my Infantry class now. I'm considering ordinance because you get kill streaks faster. I'm not the type of player who usually gets past a three to five kill streaks. I maybe get to seven or eight occasionally but it's like the stars have to align. lol

Comment

• So I guess I shouldn’t get battlefront 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X