No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitalfoundry has been Xbox's biggest critic since the xbone was released. Phil Spencer allowed them to critique and reveal the specs of project scorpio today which was a pretty bold move and a show of confidence. Anyway, digitalfoundry raves about the scorpios capabilities and even suggests a price MUCH cheaper than I was expecting at $499.

Here is the link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-scorpio-is-console-hardware-pushed-to-a-new-level

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      I finally will have the cash to get a PS4 next month along with a game.... Yooka Laylee or MLB The Show 17, guys?
      Sports has more replay value.

EB Games still has the buy two used get one used free deal on.

Comment

• I don't think I'll ever upgrade to a 4k console this gen.

Comment

• It looks to be a pretty significant upgrade. Ill be picking it up for sure at that price.

Comment

• I got a PS4 today.

I could get a game, but alas my money amount is a little tight.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I got a PS4 today.

So what are you going to do with it without any games?

Might as well just play SNES Roms on your laptop (or get a Raspberry Pi).
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I got a PS4 today.

Go to EB Games. You should be able to find a decent old title for dirt cheap. I recommend Infamous: Second Son and Assasins Creed Black Flag. Congrats on the PS4 by the way.

Also, there are some decent free to play games like Planetside 2, Warframe and Paragon to name a few.
                Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 28, 2017, 07:26 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  So what are you going to do with it without any games?

Might as well just play SNES Roms on your laptop (or get a Raspberry Pi).
                  Hold off until next month & play freebies as well as demos for now.

I haven't done The Prelude for NBA 2K17, so I have that to play along with a few different games.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Go to EB Games. You should be able to find a decent old title for dirt cheap. I recommend Infamous: Second Son and Assasins Creed Black Flag. Congrats on the PS4 by the way.

Also, there are some decent free to play games like Planetside 2, Warframe and Paragon to name a few.
                    Sadly, the unit is used & download only.... I got it for 200 bucks, which IMO is a steal.

I'm saving money away for MLB The Show 17.
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Sadly, the unit is used & download only.... I got it for 200 bucks, which IMO is a steal.

You got ripped off... You could've found a used PS4 fully functioning for $200 lol

Comment

• I've never heard of a system that is download only.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So are you saying the disc drive is broken? Another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes Humblebundle.com bundles PSN codes, allowing you to save big bucks... If you like what they've bundled. Typically Humble is bundling PC but every now and then if you're looking they'll have something for PS4 gamers.

Anyway, I hope you got a good console... Minus the disc thing.

Comment

• My PS4 is dying... HDMI signal cuts out after a few minutes. Had a brown out recently and I think it shorted something, hasn't worked since. Everywhere I look it's like 200 bucks for an HDMI output repair (if it's even as simple as that, could be something more integral). So might as well hunt for a new console.

Thankfully I recently got an Xbone around Christmas. Just have to focus my new purchases there. Pisses me off though - I get loads of game play out of The Show. And wanted the new one, but they are PS4 exclusives. Ugh, haven't gotten around to the new Nathan Drake game either. Bah.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              My PS4 is dying... HDMI signal cuts out after a few minutes. Had a brown out recently and I think it shorted something, hasn't worked since. Everywhere I look it's like 200 bucks for an HDMI output repair (if it's even as simple as that, could be something more integral). So might as well hunt for a new console.

Thankfully I recently got an Xbone around Christmas. Just have to focus my new purchases there. Pisses me off though - I get loads of game play out of The Show. And wanted the new one, but they are PS4 exclusives. Ugh, haven't gotten around to the new Nathan Drake game either. Bah.
                              Just get a new PS4. Thats odd tho, I got mine around the time it dropped and its been fine since. My PS3 on the other hand had major problems

Comment

• For the PC Gamers (and eventually console), a different type of shooter game where survival is the goal in 100 player "Hunger Games" style death matches. I'm definitely investigating this game.

http://www.businessinsider.com/playe...near-future-13

Comment

Working...
                                X