The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    My only question for people who already have next gen systems and who are considering this, why not just get a PC? You save money on hardware, online fees and games to a large magnitude.
    I am expecting it to be cheaper than a pc and i also am just fond of lounging in my lazy boy when playing video games in my living room. Have never been a pc gamer.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
      I am expecting it to be cheaper than a pc and i also am just fond of lounging in my lazy boy when playing video games in my living room. Have never been a pc gamer.
      You can have a PC hooked up to a TV and do the console experience. I don't believe you can't get a comparable PC to the Scorpio for equal or cheaper. Thereafter you pay a lot less for games. I'm lucky enough to be able to do a little of both but now after tasting both worlds, if I had to choose I'd go PC. I like having both options though because I can get in on some exclusives from different eco systems. All that said, I'm never getting a PS4 Pro or a Scorpio.

Comment

• One observation though. Console manufacturers are trying to squeeze more money out of gamers who care about more power (stereotypically a PC gamer mindset) and PC companies like Valve are trying to bridge the gap to consoles to expand their market into gamers who don't want to know anything about PC specs.
        Last edited by Apollo; Fri Mar 10, 2017, 05:35 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• You make a good point. Although power has never been the most important factor for me which is why I went with Xbox in the first place. But if I can get everything Xbox does well AND a significant boost in power then sign me up. Provided they have content to back it up of course. I dont imagine they will right away and Ill prolly hold off until they do but I was excited to find out that Shadow of War game will be taking advantage of scorpio. I just prefer the ease of use of consoles I guess and am wary about maintenance and constant upkeep with computers. Plus i love multiplayer games and never hear good things about the PC community when it comes to multiplayer. When it comes to PS4 Pro, I don't see the logic tho. I feel that was just a money grab. The scorpio is significantly more powerful which would warrant an upgrade from the current gen if they provide content for it imo.
          Last edited by Machine; Fri Mar 10, 2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• high spec frankensteined pc is the best way to go. get an xone controller and download the driver. mine is connected to my 55 inch tv. works great. highest quality everything. i do prefer consoles for multiplayer though because not everyone has a good pc but everyone i know has an xone

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              high spec frankensteined pc is the best way to go. get an xone controller and download the driver. mine is connected to my 55 inch tv. works great. highest quality everything. i do prefer consoles for multiplayer though because not everyone has a good pc but everyone i know has an xone
              Yeah thats the other thing, everyone I know has xone too. Although I do think its awesome that microsoft is making many games playable anywhere and cross platform. However, certain games give an advantage for PC players in cross platform play. Until xbox gets keyboard and mouse support which is supposedly supposed to happen soon. Tho i still would never play with a keyboard and mouse.

Comment

• Definitely go for a PS4. My friend got the switch, and I got to play it a little. It looks nice but barely has any basic features, its strictly built for gaming and Zelda is the only game worth playing on it right now. Plus the portable battery last likes 3 hours max playing a game like zelda

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Sequel to Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor has just been announced, with Game Play footage ...

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/8/148...meplay-trailer

Middle Earth: Shadow of War is the new game, and my god does it look amazing. The original was a fantastic game, and this looks to be just building off of what worked, and turning the dial up to 15.

This is hilarious:

Video tribute to the Demolisher in the gameplay Trailer.. Apparently people got pretty attached in that short amount of time.

Great marketing team on this one.

Comment

This is hilarious:

Video tribute to the Demolisher in the gameplay Trailer.. Apparently people got pretty attached in that short amount of time.

Great marketing team on this one.
                    He's like the Giant with the wildlings from Game of Thrones, big dude does all the heavy lifting and doesn't even live long enough to enjoy the victory.

(PS - typing wildlings autocorrected to wingding a few times lol)
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

I would say unless you're a hardcore gamer then stick with consoles. I went the PC route, and made the mistake of not spending quite enough money. I could play any game I wanted at medium-high settings, but within a year and a half I can't play most games at high settings. If you want to go PC, be prepared to spend a good chunk of change and make sure your machine is built to last. IMO consoles are just easier, and more dependable unless you really need a PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Definitely go for a PS4. My friend got the switch, and I got to play it a little. It looks nice but barely has any basic features, its strictly built for gaming and Zelda is the only game worth playing on it right now. Plus the portable battery last likes 3 hours max playing a game like zelda
                        Sounds like the 3DS. I expect a significant price drop of generous bundle this fall.

Comment

• pre-ordered mass effect andromeda. liked the other ones and the early reviews i read were great.

Comment

pre-ordered mass effect andromeda. liked the other ones and the early reviews i read were great.
                            Almost did the same, but I've never played any Mass Effect game before this one ... Haha

Comment

Almost did the same, but I've never played any Mass Effect game before this one ... Haha
                              I recommend them strongly. The story gets wonky towards the end, but overall they are tremendous games. Worth seeking out if you can find the first game or a bundle for cheap.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

pre-ordered mass effect andromeda. liked the other ones and the early reviews i read were great.
                                Me too! I've basically written off a few months of my life with that purchase. Loved the originals, got a lot of play out of them.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X