The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    So you don't play My Career/Park at all? Odd.... I got the standard release myself alongside NHL 18 & I can't wait to play either game..... and you also get a few free MyTeam packs, which I'll probably end up selling the cards I get for more VC as I want to play the Road to 99 & have as much fun as I can with it.
    Nope. I'm old school.. could never get into the ones where you only play as one guy. I just love Franchise/GM mode.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Nope. I'm old school.. could never get into the ones where you only play as one guy. I just love Franchise/GM mode.
      I can sit and play around with GM Modes myself (NHL especially), but I always found 2K's to be lacking & a little bit easy to cheese.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I hear you but MyCareer is interesting and I like it a lot...But I always gravitate back to team building. There's some really satisfying in drafting a diamond in the rough and watching him become a star.

Comment

Just nabbed the Mass Effect Trilogy for $8 ... good deal?

Doesn't include Andromeda, but I'm ok with that from everything I've heard. Lol
          Great deal. Love those games. You won't miss Andromeda. It's... decent, but not really part of the other story at all.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Building a new beast of a PC... will keep everyone posted, because I know you're curious... Haha

Comment

• Does anyone own a PSVR? I can have a used one tomorrow for $200.

I've done a little reading on it tonight... It just seems like there are no AAA titles for it. It took the Vita a couple years to build a decent library but I don't even see a whole lot on the horizon for PSVR. Am I missing something here?

Is this merely a Resident Evil 7 console?

Comment

Building a new beast of a PC... will keep everyone posted, because I know you're curious... Haha
                always seems everyone wants to know what my box is. haha

Comment

Building a new beast of a PC... will keep everyone posted, because I know you're curious... Haha
                  In the remote case you weren't aware, Tom's Hardware forums are a good information source for opinions on builds etc.

There's also the pcpartpicker website that is helpful for comparing costs between online parts sellers.

Comment

• Fooled around with Strike Vector Ex last night. It's pretty good so far. I'm digging it.

Comment

• NBA 2K18 Prelude drops at 12:01 EST. Between that and Bojack, I'm gonna be busy.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        NBA 2K18 Prelude drops at 12:01 EST. Between that and Bojack, I'm gonna be busy.
                        OMG I didn't know this. Awesome.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i7 7700k 4.2+GHz

16gb Kingston Hyperx Fury Black DDR4 3000mhz

Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2

And looking at the nvidia geforce 1060 6gb.
                          So really all I need is the GPU and some fans (reusing my old case and power supply).

Not planning on doing VR anytime soon, but if/when I do, this baby will be ready for anything.
                          Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 7, 2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

i7 7700k 4.2+GHz

16gb Kingston Hyperx Fury Black DDR4 3000mhz

Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2

And looking at the nvidia geforce 1060 6gb.
                            So really all I need is the GPU and some fans (reusing my old case and power supply).

Not planning on doing VR anytime soon, but if/when I do, this baby will be ready for anything.
                            I backed off the VR idea when I found out the resolution limitations for watching movies and playing non-VR games. Viewing that stuff in SD is a deal breaker for me in 2017 and probably would have been the case any time over the last five years. Not to mention the screendoor effect.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I backed off the VR idea when I found out the resolution limitations for watching movies and playing non-VR games. Viewing that stuff in SD is a deal breaker for me in 2017 and probably would have been the case any time over the last five years. Not to mention the screendoor effect.
                              Havent had any experience with VR yet, just curious, what is the screendoor effect?

Comment

• Build complete ... spent way more than I initially planned to ... but I guess that happens. Lol

Oh ya, and I just bought a 32" Monitor ... it's INSANE. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X