The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Deck just arrived. It's a Ferrari of a handheld. Holy crap.

Still, first game queued for download happened to be New Vegas. I'm currently downloading Elden Ring.
    Almost a year later and it's been one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Comment

Almost a year later and it's been one of the best purchases I have ever made.
      Been debating between this or the ROG Alley. So many mixed opinions in comparisons online. ROG definitely seems to have a bumpy out of box experience.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post

Been debating between this or the ROG Alley. So many mixed opinions in comparisons online. ROG definitely seems to have a bumpy out of box experience.
        From what I've read, the ROG has more raw power but the Deck is the superior overall experience. I pumped 140 hours into RDR2 on my Deck and it was an amazing experience to have that on the go. To instantly play it coming out of sleep mode. To customize my controller scheme to make it far more comfortable to play than on the console. To tweak my settings to squeeze out the most performance. I love the thing but I'm sure the ROG has its merits also, like the ability to play Gamepass... But you can install a dual boot Windows on a Deck if you really wanted to.

Comment

From what I've read, the ROG has more raw power but the Deck is the superior overall experience. I pumped 140 hours into RDR2 on my Deck and it was an amazing experience to have that on the go. To instantly play it coming out of sleep mode. To customize my controller scheme to make it far more comfortable to play than on the console. To tweak my settings to squeeze out the most performance. I love the thing but I'm sure the ROG has its merits also, like the ability to play Gamepass... But you can install a dual boot Windows on a Deck if you really wanted to.
          Yeah gamepass and the ability to use multiple launchers is appealing to me. But I've heard windows can be installed on the deck and if it works well it makes my decision much harder.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post

Yeah gamepass and the ability to use multiple launchers is appealing to me. But I've heard windows can be installed on the deck and if it works well it makes my decision much harder.
            You can use multiple launchers on Deck. For instance to play Ubi or EA games you need to work through their launchers and you can do it in either game mode or desktop mode. I’ve gone through Far Cry 5 and New Dawn on Deck and had to use the Ubi launcher. Same thing for Madden 23 with EA. There’s also options for you to play non-Steam games from Epic or GOG or other sources.

Comment

• Dang. It's finally here. Lol

Comment

Working...
              X