The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Not surprised at all tbh. Most startups are afraid to go big nowadays.

“After games, we’re going to make Oculus a platform for many other experiences,” he wrote. “Imagine enjoying a court side seat at a game, studying in a classroom of students and teachers all over the world or consulting with a doctor face-to-face — just by putting on goggles in your home.”

I wonder what's his(Mark's) primary focus with this purchase.. mhm..
    Virtual Instagram photo room...
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• I see it as being a shot across the bow of Second Life. If Facebook could create a "Second Life" like universe, only using its already Billion strong userbase, it could easily wipe Second Life off the face of the earth. And Second Life is MASSIVE, so that's no small feat. But Facebook could do it sooo much better.. especially with the Oculus in tow.

Comment

• Second son rules
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!

..been waiting for this game for a while. May 22 is the Early Access Beta looks like.

Comment

• Welcome to the future

So I bought a PS4 a week back and I've been fooling around with it now that my schedule is getting back to normal. I also own a Vita. The pairing is pretty amazing as long as you connect directly to the PS4 and don't wander too far away.

For example last night my wife wanted to watch her TV shows, but hey, no problem. I popped out my Vita and I was playing Madden 25 on it sitting next to her with all the next gen graphical glory. Later that evening I was lazing on my bed on the next floor playing Infamous Second Son on my Vita. It's a beautiful thing. Two recommendations though, if you opt for a PS Vita then fork out the extra $20-30 and get a nice case with grips. I have one that allows it to fit in the palm of my hands and allows me to be comfortable with the L2, L3, R2,& R3 being mapped to the back touch pad. Also, splurge and get a Hori screen protector. It goes on clean and easy and you'll never have to worry about scratching the screen.

The system is great. I love the controller, the user interface and the multitasking abilities. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and now I just need to wait on the games. I'll probably purchase Destiny day one when it comes out and play it by ear beyond that. I'm really hoping for PS3 backwards compatibility in some form as I have a lot of great PS3 titles that I would like to play on my PS4 but worst case scenario I just dust off the old PS3, it's going nowhere.

Moving on, Madden feels like last gen Madden with slightly better graphics but I enjoy it. COD Ghosts is a flaming piece of crap and Second Son is awesome.

Comment

• Ghosts is weird, because it's a LOT of fun when you're playing with a certain group of players but then you get a group who primarily camp and oh my god it's infuriating
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Ghosts is weird, because it's a LOT of fun when you're playing with a certain group of players but then you get a group who primarily camp and oh my god it's infuriating
                as far as the fun factor goes:

Ghosts < Battlefield 4 < Titanfall

imo.

Comment

• Oops:

Glitch of the year nominee? I don't think dry humping thin air was in original outline of the particular scene.

Comment

• titanfall is great. right now i am waiting for wolfenstien. hoping that multiplayer is missions and not pvp for it though.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      as far as the fun factor goes:

Ghosts < Battlefield 4 < Titanfall

imo.
                      i haven't played BF4 but in terms of fun factor its pretty hard to top titanfall
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• My hope is that Destiny is next gen Halo.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          My hope is that Destiny is next gen Halo.

i'm not a halo fan really but it does seem that way
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• A Halo type game would be a lot better than what's currently available.

The Division looks promising.

Comment

A Halo type game would be a lot better than what's currently available.

so pumped for the division... looks like 2015 tho

Comment

A Halo type game would be a lot better than what's currently available.

the division looks sick as shit. i want a zombie apocalypse game in the mold of division.

i am also really excited about civ in SPAAAAACCCE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X