The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Since there isn't any PS4 game that really draws my attention these days, I've slipped into the PS3 lately and strangely been most engaged by WWE13. Something strangely satisfying about playing a game where I really don't care if I win or lose, I just want to be entertained and the Attitude Era filled roster (Stone Cold, Mankind, Bret Hart, D-X) certainly does that.

Might restart Black Flag soon though. Debating between that and GTA V
    Horizon Zero dawn? Nier? Uncharted 4? There's a lot of great games you just gotta give them a shot lol

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Horizon Zero dawn? Nier? Uncharted 4? There's a lot of great games you just gotta give them a shot lol
      Beat Uncharted 4 and moved on from the multiplayer. Haven't heard of Nier.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• You should try Bloodborne. It gets really good.

Comment

There's some really bad reviews on it. Apparently it has a lot of bugs especially animation wise, and I heard the story and gameplay are recycled no huge improvements. Can you confirm? I'm probably gonna end up waiting a few months till I buy it anyway, let them patch it up
          I actually like the story so far. Game play is definitely different enough and yet familiar enough, basically the balance I want from a new version of a favourite old game. The jump jets and cover system really do add something once you get used to using them.

I'm not sure what reviewers were expecting - besides the wonky graphics (and it is mostly just during conversations, the action graphics are very solid), it is basically exactly what I thought I'd be getting from a new Mass Effect.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            You should try Bloodborne. It gets really good.
            Brace yourself for potential remote-thrown-through-TV-itis. That game can get... frustrating.

But, yes, it pays off beautifully. A real "gamer's game."
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's not a button masher. You need to think on your toes and take each encounter seriously, but like you said, once it clicks there is real payoff.

Comment

• Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  LMAO I love videogamedunkey, also I heard they hired a cosplayer to lead animation or something stupid like that.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I actually like the story so far. Game play is definitely different enough and yet familiar enough, basically the balance I want from a new version of a favourite old game. The jump jets and cover system really do add something once you get used to using them.

I'm not sure what reviewers were expecting - besides the wonky graphics (and it is mostly just during conversations, the action graphics are very solid), it is basically exactly what I thought I'd be getting from a new Mass Effect.
                    I don't know man, all the huge mass effect fans I know say Bioware fucked up on this one. Gamers expect a lot more these days, with all the hardware capabilities theres no excuse for wonky animations and graphics. Games like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Final fantasy 15, Shadow of mordor, etc have set the bar pretty high.

Comment

I don't know man, all the huge mass effect fans I know say Bioware fucked up on this one. Gamers expect a lot more these days, with all the hardware capabilities theres no excuse for wonky animations and graphics. Games like Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Final fantasy 15, Shadow of mordor, etc have set the bar pretty high.
                      Sure, and I've played most of those and am a big Mass Effect fan. I'm just saying, in spite of hearing the same things from reviewers and general public sentiment, I've enjoyed the game. Take that for what it is worth.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LOL

I'm glad I missed this one.

Comment

• I finally will have the cash to get a PS4 next month along with a game.... Yooka Laylee or MLB The Show 17, guys?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            I finally will have the cash to get a PS4 next month along with a game.... Yooka Laylee or MLB The Show 17, guys?
                            Never heard of the first. Personally I can get a huge amount of gameplay out of The Show. I tend to play a career (or several) as a starting pitcher.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Never heard of the first. Personally I can get a huge amount of gameplay out of The Show. I tend to play a career (or several) as a starting pitcher.
                              Yooka Laylee is a platformer that I've been hyped about for a while. It was a game made by old Rare developers & it's considered to be a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie.

But I think I'm gonna go with The Show.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• i am about 25 hours into mass effect now. really enjoying the game. love the visual from above the solar systems from what i think is between 1 and 2 light years. i would like to see the galaxies and solar systems orbiting and the planets rotating on their axis though.

Comment

Working...
                                X