The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Almost did the same, but I've never played any Mass Effect game before this one ... Haha
    I think you can get the trilogy for really cheap on PC from time to time. They're worth going back, modding up and playing. All three are destintively different in terms of battle system game play, with the last being the best in that regard. Excellent story telling and voice acting.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      I would say unless you're a hardcore gamer then stick with consoles. I went the PC route, and made the mistake of not spending quite enough money. I could play any game I wanted at medium-high settings, but within a year and a half I can't play most games at high settings. If you want to go PC, be prepared to spend a good chunk of change and make sure your machine is built to last. IMO consoles are just easier, and more dependable unless you really need a PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You're looking at around $1000-1200 for a nice rig with far more power than a console. I went through NCIX, picked out what I wanted and had them build it. The result is good value and a quality build. I'm two years in and I'm still playing on high. For me though I play a little new and and little old. There are so many amazing PC only experiences from the last decade that I sometimes go back and play something old because it's just so damn awesome. Like Mount and Blade: Warband for example.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Me too! I've basically written off a few months of my life with that purchase. Loved the originals, got a lot of play out of them.
        agreed. probably played 100 hours of mass effect 2. very engaging franchise.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Almost did the same, but I've never played any Mass Effect game before this one ... Haha
          I'm pree sure its not connected to the original trilogy. I haven't played the previous three either and was planning on playing them if they released a remaster for next gen, which they clearly didn't lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Sounds like the 3DS. I expect a significant price drop of generous bundle this fall.
            Honestly I don't get the hype over it. It has some cool gaming features and it looks nice but hardware and software wise its lacking, I would never spend $300 on that thing rather wait for a price drop. Still gotta input a 30 digit friend code to add friends, no group chats or even messaging (not to mention voice chat), can't play music, no apps whatsoever, etc. It's one of those side consoles, it will never be a primary console because its lacking so many features and doesn't support as many third party games like the PS4 or XBone

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              I'm pree sure its not connected to the original trilogy. I haven't played the previous three either and was planning on playing them if they released a remaster for next gen, which they clearly didn't lol
              No re-master, but I think they are all available as backwards compatible games. Worth the look, man.

I imagine having played the first ones would improve the experience of the new one, but I heard the same - the story is disconnected enough that you can start from scratch if you want.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So I purchased Lego Worlds off PSN. My five year old and I had been playing some Minecraft and she's really good at that. This one in my opinion is even more kid friendly and the graphics are pretty good for what it is. It's on the level of the Lego Movie in terms of visuals. The gameplay is really fun and light hearted like previous Lego games.

Comment

• For those looking at getting the new Mass Effect, greenmangaming.com is offering 20% right now.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    agreed. probably played 100 hours of mass effect 2. very engaging franchise.
                    Had really high hopes for Andromeda. Played the trial... wasn't great. I think they put a lot of resources into the combat, which is improved, but the character interactions are disappointing, and that's really why I play an RPG.

Hope you guys like it though.

Comment

• So I'm two hours into Bloodborne and I'm loving it so far. It's a lot like Dark Souls in many ways except the way the combat system is rigged in this one, the player is rewarded greatly for being aggressive. In DS if you were aggressive you were sometimes dead in seconds unless you were extremely skilled. The game is a challenge, I almost defeated the first boss on the first try and probably would have if I wasn't messing around with different things but I died a lot getting to him... The atmosphere is both beautiful and spooky. The level design so far seems flawless, I liken it to how Lordran was layed out. Everything fits seemlessly, filled with hidden pathways and off in the distance you can seem some beautiful archeteture you'll probably get to see up close as the game progresses. All that said, this one isn't for the weak of heart. These Souls games require you to take some punishment before you can hit your stride and they never hold your hand. I've already had to look up a couple things I wish I was told in game.

One downside to the game is that because it has heavy multi player elements, you can't get the full Souls experience unless you're a PS Plus member. That means no PVP or coop or invasions or user hints or blood stains without the membership. I actually ended up renewing my membership for this one.

Comment

• So ME:A definitely has some wonky graphics...

But besides that, I'm like 2 hours in and it just feels like a Mass Effect game. Really liking it so far. And it feels like I've barely scratched the surface.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So ME:A definitely has some wonky graphics...

But besides that, I'm like 2 hours in and it just feels like a Mass Effect game. Really liking it so far. And it feels like I've barely scratched the surface.
                          There's some really bad reviews on it. Apparently it has a lot of bugs especially animation wise, and I heard the story and gameplay are recycled no huge improvements. Can you confirm? I'm probably gonna end up waiting a few months till I buy it anyway, let them patch it up

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            There's some really bad reviews on it. Apparently it has a lot of bugs especially animation wise, and I heard the story and gameplay are recycled no huge improvements. Can you confirm? I'm probably gonna end up waiting a few months till I buy it anyway, let them patch it up
                            It think it is still fine by the whole package....just waiting for a 30-40% off in a few months and will Origin D/L it

Comment

• Since there isn't any PS4 game that really draws my attention these days, I've slipped into the PS3 lately and strangely been most engaged by WWE13. Something strangely satisfying about playing a game where I really don't care if I win or lose, I just want to be entertained and the Attitude Era filled roster (Stone Cold, Mankind, Bret Hart, D-X) certainly does that.

Might restart Black Flag soon though. Debating between that and GTA V
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So ME:A definitely has some wonky graphics...

I only find the graphics an issue during cut scenes and then they don't bother me anyway. Game play has been really good. True to franchise form,which is what I wanted.

The graphics issue could take away from the story if you are so disgusted by them that all you can concentrate on is how bad they are. I don't think the issue is that big and doesn't take away from gameplay. I still load up dragon warrior one or Icewind dale 1&2 every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                X