No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, thanks for the info. Have you played any 64 player modes yet? Does TDM go that high in BF1? Do you have access to all the vehicles in TDM mode?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Hey, thanks for the info. Have you played any 64 player modes yet? Does TDM go that high in BF1? Do you have access to all the vehicles in TDM mode?
      No, tdm is much smaller. I believe the max is 24 players and there are no vehicles. Vehicles are in all other modes except squad deathmatch i believe

Comment

• The 64 player modes are always very impressive just like in bf4. It was my first next gen moment where i was in awe. The only thing is u feel a bit insignificant in those modes so it feels less competitive. Thats not to say it isnt a ton of fun cause it is. But if it were to be competitive you would have to have each squad on the same page when most people are just roaming and doing their own thing

Comment

• I do think conquest is more fun in bf1 than bf4. It does feel more realistic.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
            The 64 player modes are always very impressive just like in bf4. It was my first next gen moment where i was in awe. The only thing is u feel a bit insignificant in those modes so it feels less competitive. Thats not to say it isnt a ton of fun cause it is. But if it were to be competitive you would have to have each squad on the same page when most people are just roaming and doing their own thing
            Yeah, I played BF4 a little bit when I had Origin Access. It did seem rather grand in scale and hard to figure out how to be competitive or how to effectively contribute when coming from COD and other shooters where it's all about killing streaks.

Comment

Yeah, I played BF4 a little bit when I had Origin Access. It did seem rather grand in scale and hard to figure out how to be competitive or how to effectively contribute when coming from COD and other shooters where it's all about killing streaks.
              Yeah that is why i much prefer tdm or squad deathmatch in bf4. Its very competitive and there is alot more strategy and teamwork involved than in cod. I still like and enjoy cod but it is more individualistic and mindless in comparison (which is great fun in its own way depending on what u prefer).

Comment

• So I ended up getting Battlefield 1 for PC. It's an awesome game. I haven't played any of the campaign except for the forced bit at the beginning so I can't speak on that. I will play it but I wanted to jump right to MP.

TDM is alright but you're missing out if you stick to that. Go try out the 64 player operations. They are epic, a totally different experience in a shooter compared to TDM.

The weapons are hard to get used to in the game. Bullets drop, there's actually an attempt here to get the physics correct. That said, I can't nail anything from far out with a scout class yet but I only snipe on large maps in Operation mode when the setting is good for it. I think medic and support is my favorite classes. Medic starts with a decent single shot assault rifle. The scout starts with a LMG that kills fairly quickly, just don't get caught face to face using it.

Overall this is shaping up to be one of the best shooters I've played in a while. No glitches or bug either by the way.

Comment

• really enjoying civ 6

Comment

So I ended up getting Battlefield 1 for PC. It's an awesome game. I haven't played any of the campaign except for the forced bit at the beginning so I can't speak on that. I will play it but I wanted to jump right to MP.

TDM is alright but you're missing out if you stick to that. Go try out the 64 player operations. They are epic, a totally different experience in a shooter compared to TDM.

The weapons are hard to get used to in the game. Bullets drop, there's actually an attempt here to get the physics correct. That said, I can't nail anything from far out with a scout class yet but I only snipe on large maps in Operation mode when the setting is good for it. I think medic and support is my favorite classes. Medic starts with a decent single shot assault rifle. The scout starts with a LMG that kills fairly quickly, just don't get caught face to face using it.

Overall this is shaping up to be one of the best shooters I've played in a while. No glitches or bug either by the way.
                    Id agree, conquest is the definitive mode for bf1. The weapons arent good enough for tdm imo.

Comment

• Gears of war 4 is shaping up to be one of the best games of the year for me. The campaign is epic so far. Also, i had never played horde mode before and it is amazing, cant get enough of that right now. Plus versus mode is a breath of fresh air when it comes to shooter strategy. Totally diff than anything else out there. Have been enjoying watching pro teams go at it in mlg, those guys are insane.

Comment

• Microsoft wins game publisher of the year for another great lineup of games again this year

Comment

• So after playing BF1 for a week I can safely say that the multiplayer in this game is downright amazing. Its one of the funnest shooters I've played and I've not encountered any glitches besides being shot to death and falling through the map once(I've been shot to death like 1000 times, it's no achievement or rarity to get me. )

All the classes seem really balanced but I'm gravitating to assault and scout depending on the situation. The starting weapons aren't that great but the next tier feels like a big step up and there it starts to really get fun.

The vehicles are great. I tried out the planes and the blimp last night. The plane takes a little bit to get used to but it's fun. They also have warships and assault trains you can utilize sometimes later on in the match. The train in particular is really fun to use in the jungle map.

Comment

• Titanfall 2 has many improvements but the maps are terrible and it has ruined the game. I dont recommend buying it. Buy titanfall 1 if at all interested. TF1 maps are some of the best maps in any shooter. Not a single bad map including all dlc maps. Titanfall 2 seems to have designed the maps around the gimmicky grapple hook which is optional and most people dont use it. Everything is too spread out and wide open. The verticality seems to be gone and so is traversal fluidity. Being a pilot is no longer fun. I will probably be getting back into BF1 but for the time being I have been wrapped up in the division again and cant wait for the survival update, looks amazing.

Comment

• If anyone passed on the division or only played it at launch, now would be the time to get back into it. There have been soooooo many improvements with all the updates they have made. The survival dlc came out yesterday for PC and xbox and is a battle royale style mode that uses the full map and not just the dark zone. 24 players start scattered around the map with just a pistol and the lowest gear possible and no skills and have to survive cold, hunger, thirst and a disease that progresses if you dont keep getting medicine to hold it off until u find the antivirals and extract in the dark zone. You have to compete with other players to find loot to craft gear and skills and the items necessary to enter the dark zone. Enemies get tougher as u get closer to the middle and u never know when u are gonna run into real players. And there is no rogue mechanic in this mode. You can kill them and loot everything they have or decide to work together. Such an intense mode with so many variables. Before you extract u have to kill a new enemy called a hunter that plays just like a real player and can heal and use all the same skills players have access to and even better ones. Got to the end yesterday and almost had one down but he dropped a healing station and then hacked my turret to shoot at me which was never even a mechanic in the game before. Was a heartbreaking death after 2 hours of building myself up to get there lol. And when u die u die and have to start over with nothing. All the rewards you earn or extract with go to your main character and the rewards are huge. Anyway really fun dlc addition but the main game has seen many improvements as well. Worth a buy and u can find super cheap codes for console and PC on g2a right now.
                              Last edited by Machine; Wed Nov 23, 2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• I don't know if you're using PC but damn, its like every week I have to update Origin. Just fired it up for some BF1 and bam, again with the updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X