No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadn't played much of Arkham Knight, but got sick of all senseless forcing me to use the Batmobile, so I picked up Arkham City for $5 on Steam .. only 40 minutes in, but I think I'm already pleased with my decision. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Hadn't played much of Arkham Knight, but got sick of all senseless forcing me to use the Batmobile, so I picked up Arkham City for $5 on Steam .. only 40 minutes in, but I think I'm already pleased with my decision. Lol
      Lol. Before arkam knight I use to send messages to my friends that just read "I'm batman".

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• After a month with Madden 17 I can safely say it's the best Madden I've ever played and I've played every one of them for sure back to as far as 97 or 98. It's also one of the best sports games I've ever played.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          After a month with Madden 17 I can safely say it's the best Madden I've ever played and I've played every one of them for sure back to as far as 97 or 98. It's also one of the best sports games I've ever played.
          Nice, looking forward to getting it free in January

Comment

• You'll love franchise mode this year if you're into that. Nice overhaul. Play by play continues to impress me. It's not getting boring. Not even close. They did an amazing job with the new crew.

Comment

• So ya, you guys were right ... Arkham City is WAY more immersive and Batman-y than Arkham Knight. And the story seems to be a lot better as well. Has even convinced to pick up Arkham Origins just to get more of the back story. Probably go back to Arkham Asylum though.

So Arkham City is a giant prison, created out of Old-Gotham? Kind of like New York in Escape from New York? I dig that.

Apparently the new Ben Affleck stand alone Batman movie will take place in Arkham Asylum.. so that's kinda cool?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                So ya, you guys were right ... Arkham City is WAY more immersive and Batman-y than Arkham Knight. And the story seems to be a lot better as well. Has even convinced to pick up Arkham Origins just to get more of the back story. Probably go back to Arkham Asylum though.

So Arkham City is a giant prison, created out of Old-Gotham? Kind of like New York in Escape from New York? I dig that.

Apparently the new Ben Affleck stand alone Batman movie will take place in Arkham Asylum.. so that's kinda cool?
                Yeah, you've made a good choice to explore the older ones. Arkham Knight is definitively the worst of the series. The flow of the first 3 games is great with brilliant writing and gameplay.

Asylum was such a simple yet brilliant game concept. It allowed for multiple supervillans in a logical setting without feeling forced. City expanded that in a way that makes sense with the Gotham universe.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel, if you've not played Last of Us for PS4 then nows your chance. It's on sale on PSN for only $15. I'm actually considering picking it up to finish it off.

Also Battlefield: Hardline is on right now for $5. I had it for PC. If you want a shooter you're probably not getting better value than that right now. It plays more like a COD than a Battlefield though honestly.

Comment

Axel, if you've not played Last of Us for PS4 then nows your chance. It's on sale on PSN for only $15. I'm actually considering picking it up to finish it off.

Also Battlefield: Hardline is on right now for $5. I had it for PC. If you want a shooter you're probably not getting better value than that right now. It plays more like a COD than a Battlefield though honestly.
                    The Last of Us is brilliant, just a beautiful game - beautiful graphics, beautiful storyline, gripping gameplay, just a tremendous experience all around. Strongly recommend it to anyone.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Axel, if you've not played Last of Us for PS4 then nows your chance. It's on sale on PSN for only $15. I'm actually considering picking it up to finish it off.

Last of Us Remastered came with my system. Great game.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• This may be my last full month of PS+ but it looks to be a good one. Transformers Devastation and the Resident Evil (remastered) are the PS4 games on the slate this month. Transformers Devastation was a game I wanted to play but not one I wanted to pay anywhere close to full retail for. The reviews I read were good and so I'll check it out tonight. Apparently the big knock on it was that it wasn't all that long.

So Transformers Devastation plays like a PS2 era action game. Frantic action on a map that's not free roaming. It's OK and there's a chance it gets better further in, although it's not my thing and so I'm moving on.

Comment

• So I just received my Golden Joystick Awards voter reward via Green Man Gaming. Its called the "Golden Pack" and includes three games:

Spec Ops: The Line
                          Sid Meier's Pirates
                          Mystery game (Lifeless)

Retail is $25 USD for the pack, which is a good deal, but the reward is a voucher making the pack only $1 USD. Anyway, the mystery game turned out to be "Lifeless", which is an early access game retailing on Steam for $21.99 CAD. It's actually published by Green Man, I never knew they developed games. Spec Ops is $32.99. Pirates is $10.99.

I think the ad is still up on Green Man suggesting you can still vote and possibly get this deal.

Its crazy how little I spent on games this year compare to how many games I've acquired. I mean, I'll never play many of them, there's too many. Companies must be really banking on PC gamers developing a brand loyaty because they aren't making any money directly off many of these deals.

Comment

• What's everyone's thoughts on Battlefield 1? Its on GMG for 45.99 USD. That's around $57 CAD.

Comment

What's everyone's thoughts on Battlefield 1? Its on GMG for 45.99 USD. That's around $57 CAD.

It doesnt feel as polished as bf4 as far as movement and gameplay thats for sure and the gun play doesnt feel as good. I also dont like how all the guns are so exclusive to each role. But it is still fun and the graphics are great. So far all the parts used for tdm maps look identical in each map tho. Buildings and the area looks the same. Conquest is actually alotta fun but the only shitty thing is its just not as competitive as tdm. Tdm doesnt feel as fun cause the gunplay doesnt feel as polished. Def captured the feeling of war in conquest tho. And there are some pretty good maps for that. After playing for a while it does make u miss more modern guns. However i havent unlocked many guns yet. Its fun and the atmosphere is incredible but doesnt get my competitive juices flowing like bf4.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                                It doesnt feel as polished as bf4 as far as movement and gameplay thats for sure and the gun play doesnt feel as good. I also dont like how all the guns are so exclusive to each role. But it is still fun and the graphics are great. So far all the parts used for tdm maps look identical in each map tho. Buildings and the area looks the same. Conquest is actually alotta fun but the only shitty thing is its just not as competitive as tdm. Tdm doesnt feel as fun cause the gunplay doesnt feel as polished. Def captured the feeling of war in conquest tho. And there are some pretty good maps for that. After playing for a while it does make u miss more modern guns. However i havent unlocked many guns yet. Its fun and the atmosphere is incredible but doesnt get my competitive juices flowing like bf4.
                                PS i havent played the campaign yet but it looks amazing from what i have seen of it. Leagues better than any other military fps campaign

Comment

Working...
                                X