The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Dont you have to pay the price of another AAA game to get the updates for Destiny. I ended up buying it early on too and I refuse to support it. I cant believe they charged full price for what they put out in the beginning and now they want to make u pay again for finally adding content.
    Yes and no Fox. If you are a Destiny owner you can upgrade digitally by purchasing the expansions and the next add on for something like $70 all in. Or, if you're like me and got rid of Destiny, you can buy the newly released version which has the original game, all the DLC and the new add on version for $79.99.

Being an Edge member at EB Games, I gamed the hell out of Destiny when I first bought and then returned it for a full refund when I got a feel for it and realized that while the game play was great, it lacked content and depth. Apparently this new Destiny: The Taken King version has rectified most of this, giving you the game you expected to be playing last year and then some. I'm re-entering this with no prior investment besides time but I get why you'd be annoyed. I think many are.

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I preordered rainbow six siege, it looks pretty refreshing to me. I love the tactical teamwork involved. You also get a free copy of rainbow six Vegas for preordering.
    While I missed out on R6V2, R6V1 is probably my favorite shooter all time. There was something really special about that game. It was more of a thinking man's shooter, rewarding strategy and precision over guns blazing, run and gun, COD style of game play. This one seems a lot like Vegas and I'm really interested. Given that there hasn't been one of these in a long, long time I'll wait for reviews before I take the plunge.

Hopefully they'll pace it so that it continues to reward finding cover and watching your flanks.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      While I missed out on R6V2, R6V1 is probably my favorite shooter all time. There was something really special about that game. It was more of a thinking man's shooter, rewarding strategy and precision over guns blazing, run and gun, COD style of game play. This one seems a lot like Vegas and I'm really interested. Given that there hasn't been one of these in a long, long time I'll wait for reviews before I take the plunge.

Hopefully they'll pace it so that it continues to reward finding cover and watching your flanks.
      Turns out Vegas 2 comes free with the pre-order too but I'm not sure if it's just for xboxs backwards compatibility or not. I would imagine you'd get a free download for ps3 too. I played Vegas 2 and loved it for the same reasons you liked the first one. I'm disappointed there will be no single player with siege but the multiplayer looks so so refreshing and different than all shooters these days that I had to get it. Slower paced strategy and teamwork and the maps, destruction and gameplay look great and will reward tactical players

Comment

• Indeed. So I actually opted for MGS5. I haven't played through one of these since #2.

Comment

Indeed. So I actually opted for MGS5. I haven't played through one of these since #2.
          Good choice but you're gonna be lost as fuck when it comes to the story. Hell I played every single one and I have a hard time recalling the characters aside from the mains of course. Its a masterpiece of a game but its going to take ages to beat, and a lot of patience lol

Comment

Indeed. So I actually opted for MGS5. I haven't played through one of these since #2.
            NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Good choice but you're gonna be lost as fuck when it comes to the story. Hell I played every single one and I have a hard time recalling the characters aside from the mains of course. Its a masterpiece of a game but its going to take ages to beat, and a lot of patience lol
            This should help:

Comment

• I just pre-purchased Fallout 4. Was able to save a few bucks, so figured why not.
              Now I must wait.. UGH!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I just pre-purchased Fallout 4. Was able to save a few bucks, so figured why not.
                Now I must wait.. UGH!
                Haven't played any fallout games but I'm thinking of preordering fallout 4 too cause it comes with fallout 3 for free with backwards compatibility. I heard fallout 3 was amazing.

Comment

• Fallout 3 was amazing, correct.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    Haven't played any fallout games but I'm thinking of preordering fallout 4 too cause it comes with fallout 3 for free with backwards compatibility. I heard fallout 3 was amazing.
                    Do you get Fallout 3 before Fallout 4 comes out, if you preorder now? Because that's a great deal.
                    Fallout 3 is easily one of my Top 10 Games of All Time. Top 5 even?

And the story is just amazing. The whole lore of Fallout, and the World War, and the Annexing of Canada by the US, invasion of Alaska by Russia .. its all a bit too real these days .. Haha

Edit:
                    Last edited by Joey; Sun Oct 4, 2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Do you get Fallout 3 before Fallout 4 comes out, if you preorder now? Because that's a great deal.
                      Fallout 3 is easily one of my Top 10 Games of All Time. Top 5 even?

And the story is just amazing. The whole lore of Fallout, and the World War, and the Annexing of Canada by the US, invasion of Alaska by Russia .. its all a bit too real these days .. Haha

Edit:
                      Yes you can download the game immediately on Xbox 360 and then get it on the One when backwards compatibility becomes available next month. I'll probably pre-order later today

Comment

• MGS5 First Impressions

I did the opening hospital escape mission a couple nights ago. Talk about exciting. The man on fire and his sidekick are spooky as hell. Half the time it looked like they were there to kill me, the other half it looked like they were there to save me. Operating with a weaponless, 90% helpless Snake really added to the intensity. It was bizarre but then again, that's probably what they were shooting for in the design. I miss the old Snake voice actor but don't get me wrong, I'm a Keifer fan. I enjoy his performances and his father's(it would be cool if he had a character as well) that matter a great deal.

The graphics on PS4 are just amazing. I probably would have purchased this on PC if it weren't for a trade-in credit coming my way but the PS4 version is beautiful, especially in the hospital. I have a pretty good PC and I'm sure it could pump out even better visuals than the PS4 version but who cares? It looks that good, I don't know what I'm missing. I was 'scared' in a couple instances, it was so real looking that I caught myself feeling concern for some of the innocent people falling. These games are almost getting too real, it's crazy. Then of course I snapped out of that but the presentation here is on the level of a Hollywood blockbuster.

I'm noticing some David Bowie references in these games. "Major Tom" from Snake eater, Raiden mentions he once looked a little like Bowie in MGS2 and the lead in song to MGS5 is the "Man Who Sold The World".

I tried out the first real mission of the game last night where I'm to infiltrate a Russian base/village in Afghanistan and perform an extraction of a former comrade. I hit it at night, took out the outer guard posts via stealth. Then I infiltrated the base and took out a few guys on the perimeter without being detected. Then the sun came up, the guards changed and my intel that I performed was now essentially useless and here I am in the middle of the base in broad daylight with no sense of where everyone is. So of course I bounce into building to get out of view and walk in on a guy I never marked. A gun fight ensures because I couldn't pinpoint his location in time, my silencer fails(didn't know this was a consequence of firing the gun) and I have to escape the village with guns blazing at my six. That all took a full hour for sure, if not more. It was fun and intense and I'll resume tonight but this game will take some time to figure out. Getting used to the controls will be half the battle.

Question: How far out can enemies spot you while on the horse? If they see your horse in the camp but you're not on it does that give you away? Can you take cover behind the horse? I could see some benefits to taking the horse right on into the mission. I left it on the outskirts last night.

Comment

• All the old Assassins Creed games are $5 on Steam ... Haven't played any of them, is that good?

Comment

All the old Assassins Creed games are $5 on Steam ... Haven't played any of them, is that good?
                            as a bundle or each? tomb raider without the tits

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              as a bundle or each? tomb raider without the tits
                              Up until Black Flag they are $5 Each, but Black Flag is $14. Figured I could part with $10 to get the first 2 and see what all the fuss is about. Mind you, that's how Steam gets you, because I literally have no time for games as is, and Fallout 4 comes out next month ...

Comment

Up until Black Flag they are $5 Each, but Black Flag is $14. Figured I could part with $10 to get the first 2 and see what all the fuss is about. Mind you, that's how Steam gets you, because I literally have no time for games as is, and Fallout 4 comes out next month ...
                                fallout is going to eat all your time

Comment

Working...
                                X