Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Here's a one:

I think your safe bet would be to Google it and we can avoid a discussion on the legalities of it all.
    Doing a lil Homebrewing...... tbh.

Wii no longer has the warranty, so why not?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Black Flag, PS4

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Black Flag is far and away the best AC in my opinion. If I were you I'd skip the others and start there.

Think "Pirates of The Caribbean" meets "Grand Theft Auto" meets "Prince of Persia" . Yeah, it's that good and better than the reviews suggest, which ain't bad to begin with.
      Just to followup, if you wanted to play it on PS4, BestBuy.ca is selling used copies for $15 and this means that's the price in stores as well. It plays really well on PS4 and looks great.

Comment

I hated how the game was geared towards rewarding players for eliminating no one. You're a soldier in the middle of a war zone and everyone wants you dead. Yet the game says its not cool to eliminate hostiles and you're penalized for doing so.

When I realized the backbone of the game was going to be around rocking the enemy to sleep and tucking them in for the night rather than treating it like war (Tenchu?), it really turned me off. Playing the game how it was designed to be played really bored me, I gotta say. That's not to knock anyone who likes that sort of gameplay, it's just not my taste.
        i wouldn't say you're penalized, per se, but i get what you're saying.

to me it's refreshing to play a game that rewards you for not killing everything in your path, making using stealth that much more important and enjoyable.

you can certainly go into virtually any mission and just merc everyone though, you know that right?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I know you can go in and lay waste to everyone but the idea of being penalize in grade and rewards for playing that way turned me off. Unless I'm missing something, eliminating no one has no ties to the tone of storyline or the protagonist so why force it into the battle system? If anything the story is about a damaged goods former hero out for revenge. The no blood shed deal shouldn't be funnelled into the game play.

I don't find it refreshing at all. It reminded me of why I haven't gotten into one since MGS2. Again, not my cup of tea.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• you don't get penalized in grade or rewards for killing anyone. it's based purely on time and being "caught"

snake doesn't wanna kill cause he just wants to fulton everyone back to base. just cause he's out for revenge doesn't mean he's bloodthirsty.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              you don't get penalized in grade or rewards for killing anyone. it's based purely on time and being "caught"

snake doesn't wanna kill cause he just wants to fulton everyone back to base. just cause he's out for revenge doesn't mean he's bloodthirsty.
              I was going to ask about this, because I've seen it quite a bit in the trailers ... what happens when you fulton equipment/enemies/animals back to your base?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                you don't get penalized in grade or rewards for killing anyone. it's based purely on time and being "caught"

Killing hurts your heroism score, which in turn limits what you can do in the game. If you want to play the game as it was designed to be played you spend lot of time scoping out the compounds, flagging enemies, learning the guard routines, forming an entry and exit plan and then implementing. It honestly feels a lot more boring than it sounds exciting in practice. I like stealth in games such as Elders' Scrolls, Tenchu and Assassins Creed so it's not like I'm all against stealth. It can be rewarding.

All the waiting around just doesn't cut it for me when I have limited time to game and going against the grain and playing it against the design intentions isn't appealing. Why not just buy something to my tastes? Well this is what I did as I brought back MGS5 after a couple nights of fooling around with it and moved on. No harm, no foul and no offense to anyone who enjoys it.

Comment

• i am a splinter cell guy myself

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    i am a splinter cell guy myself
                    100%. Best stealth franchise out imo by far.

Comment

Black Flag is far and away the best AC in my opinion. If I were you I'd skip the others and start there.

Think "Pirates of The Caribbean" meets "Grand Theft Auto" meets "Prince of Persia" . Yeah, it's that good and better than the reviews suggest, which ain't bad to begin with.
                      I totally agree, plus the mechanics and movements were less glitchy and frustrating in this one. This one is better than unity imo

Comment

• Haven't played Unity. It got so much bad press as a broken game that I did not bother. I don't know how you go from Black Flag to that...

Comment

Haven't played Unity. It got so much bad press as a broken game that I did not bother. I don't know how you go from Black Flag to that...
                          I agree. Unity basically sealed my decision to never buy an AC game again. Even tho sydicate looks good I refuse.

Comment

• This is why pre orders are always a bad idea. Relying on reviews is a bad idea too because some of those review sites are clearly being paid off based on their reviews. I think the best place to find out what a game is like is by going to find gamer opinions at forums, metacritic, or reddit.

Heck, even the new Fallout could launch broken in some way.These companies have their launch dates and a lot of them will not delay no matter what. For every Naughty Dog you have a company who will not take one on the chin for the sake of their customers.

Comment

• If gamers had any sort of self control EA wouldnt be in gaming

Comment

• I'm so pumped for Halo 5. I hadn't played any of the halos until earlier in the summer I bought the master chief collection and played all but halo reach. Loved all of them and the story is fantastic. Looks like shit is about to get crazy in Halo 5!
                                Last edited by Machine; Sat Oct 24, 2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X