The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
    $79.99 + Plus DOTA 2 VO? kinda steep...Aww fuck it, put dat shit on my VISA!
    Ahhh no, buy it on GreenmanGaming.com! Can get it for like $60.00 and it just gives you a Steam key to load it on Steam. And you can save even more I think if you give them my thing.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
      wish there was, but you actually have to hack Valve's entire server to screw the time or just initiate the DLs.
      said it before and ill say it again - wormhole

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
        Fallout 4.. If it's nearly as fun as skyrim, I'll be one happy gamer. Thankfully November 11th is a holiday
        Now they are combining an element from the Sims, building your pimping crib

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Ahhh no, buy it on GreenmanGaming.com! Can get it for like $60.00 and it just gives you a Steam key to load it on Steam. And you can save even more I think if you give them my thing.
          Thanks for the tip Joey. Here is what I paid for the game at GMG:

A 20% off coupon pops up for FO4 upon entering the site. Paste that in at checkout and it brings the (sale?) price down an extra 20%. Technically getting the season pass as a full retail preorder bonus sounds pretty sweet to me.

GMG 4 Life. PC master savings race.

If GMG let you stack GMG credits on top of coupons I would have saved even more.

Edit: I just flicked back to GMG for a second to check something and another 20% coupon code popped up: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Thanks for the tip Joey. Here is what I paid for the game at GMG:

A 20% off coupon pops up for FO4 upon entering the site. Paste that in at checkout and it brings the (sale?) price down an extra 20%. Technically getting the season pass as a full retail preorder bonus sounds pretty sweet to me.

GMG 4 Life. PC master savings race.

If GMG let you stack GMG credits on top of coupons I would have saved even more.

Edit: I just flicked back to GMG for a second to check something and another 20% coupon code popped up: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING
            Nice! Shoulda let me know though, I could've given you a code to get another 10% off.

And honestly, they have a perpetual "20% Off Code". I used a 24% off code, but they always have something like that going on. Or have at least for a few months now.

Should note they use US$ though, and not CAD$. But still, I saved about $20.
            Last edited by Joey; Sun Nov 8, 2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• sunday my lone day off and i played 10 hours of halo 5. really good. got banned for a couple hours for blowing teammates up with grenades.

about to have a ton of game problems with black ops order coming in sometime this week, fallout should be here next week and star wars later this month.

hard to keep up with so many good games

Comment

• Just downloaded my Pip Boy on my iPhone.
                You can see the World Map in it as well, which is kinda neat. Seems like it'll be a really cool feature.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  sunday my lone day off and i played 10 hours of halo 5. really good. got banned for a couple hours for blowing teammates up with grenades.

about to have a ton of game problems with black ops order coming in sometime this week, fallout should be here next week and star wars later this month.

hard to keep up with so many good games
                  Finished the campaign and I've got about 30 hours of multiplayer in already lol it's so good. Cant wait for tomb raider tomorrow night tho.

Comment

Just downloaded my Pip Boy on my iPhone.
                    You can see the World Map in it as well, which is kinda neat. Seems like it'll be a really cool feature.
                    When I launch the mobile app and get to the screen where I select PC as my device it tells me to do something in FO4 settings before I can use it. Are you actually using the app already?

Comment

When I launch the mobile app and get to the screen where I select PC as my device it tells me to do something in FO4 settings before I can use it. Are you actually using the app already?
                      Select "Demo" and you can mess around in it before the game comes out.

Comment

• Ah, got. Wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong, as in I missed a step somehow.

It will be cool to be able to bring up the map on a tablet during a loading screen, although my game is loaded to a SSD so there may not be time for that. I'm hoping for something on along the lines of how Skyrim was on my PC (ie: a couple seconds, as in not long enough to look away and take a sip of water.)

I read the PS4 version has 30-40 second load screens. That problematic depending on how many load screens there are. I'd imagine the Xbone has the same problem as well unless it uses SSD's. Glad I'm rolling with the PC version with the SSD.

Apparently there is a frame drop issue on PS4 as well if you load the day one patch. Hopefully this isn't something that will affect the PC version.

Comment

Ah, got. Wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong, as in I missed a step somehow.

It will be cool to be able to bring up the map on a tablet during a loading screen, although my game is loaded to a SSD so there may not be time for that. I'm hoping for something on along the lines of how Skyrim was on my PC (ie: a couple seconds, as in not long enough to look away and take a sip of water.)

I read the PS4 version has 30-40 second load screens. That problematic depending on how many load screens there are. I'd imagine the Xbone has the same problem as well unless it uses SSD's. Glad I'm rolling with the PC version with the SSD.

Apparently there is a frame drop issue on PS4 as well if you load the day one patch. Hopefully this isn't something that will affect the PC version.
                          I don't think the 30-40 second Load Time will be that crazy IF the game is as I imagine .. I'm thinking no loading between entering buildings, like there used to be. I think it'll be seamless to enter into buildings. So if thats the case, and its just a 1-time Load, I'd be okay with that.

1-day until we are all roaming around Post-apocalyptic Boston!
                          Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 9, 2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            haha

i'm not even a pc gamer. just dont get why you'd get a game like this for console if you were.

i mean the mods alone...
                            They announced fallout 4 mods are coming to Xbox One. Dont think they'll be on PS4 tho. You also get fallout 3 free if u get fallout 4 on Xbox One

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              They announced fallout 4 mods are coming to Xbox One. Dont think they'll be on PS4 tho. You also get fallout 3 free if u get fallout 4 on Xbox One
                              I'm very curious to see how these Console mods will work .. I envision quite a few issues to start with, as someone who modded for Skyrim.

I assume they will be developed on PC, and then have some sort of "translation" over to XBone, but I have no clue.
                              Would make sense they are only for XBone though and not PS4, since XBone is basically a PC at this point. They use the same drivers and code as any NVidia driven PC.

Comment

I'm very curious to see how these Console mods will work .. I envision quite a few issues to start with, as someone who modded for Skyrim.

I assume they will be developed on PC, and then have some sort of "translation" over to XBone, but I have no clue.
                                Would make sense they are only for XBone though and not PS4, since XBone is basically a PC at this point. They use the same drivers and code as any NVidia driven PC.
                                Yeah not sure how it will work either but Bethesda is working directly with Microsoft to get it working as part of their post-launch plan

Comment

Working...
                                X