The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wallz wrote: View Post
    Yeah, that's why I ride solo now. Much better when you don't have to worry about anyone other than who you're shooting at. Sneaking is much better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    My play style revolves around sniping and then moving in close with a shotgun. I've invest all my mods into a. 308 sniper and a combat shotgun to take out the rest. It's been a good combo; extended mag on both.

Shotguns in this game seem to be a lot better than the past games. A lot of things rush you and if you let them get close enough most of them go down in one or two shotgun blasts. I find myself using it more than a pistol.

Comment

• PSN, Black Friday

Not that I have time to play them anytime soon but I picked up "The Order 1886" and "Wolfenstein: The New Order" on PSN for a grand total of $17 during their Black Friday sales. Don't know if it's still on but they allowed you to stack at 10% off coupon code they're advertising on top of the sale. Wolfenstein in particular was a strong deal, marked down from $59.99 to $9. These are marked down like something you'd see on Steam.

I know The Order got nailed for campaign length but damn, for $8 that's no longer an issue for me to purchase a game that received compliments for what it did but just wasn't worth the full price tag.

Comment

• Rainbow six siege is amazing. Has pried me away from halo 5 and is my new fav shooter atm. Love the teamwork and tactical gameplay. Super addicting.

Comment

• Does MP have terrorist hunt? What is the campaign like?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Does MP have terrorist hunt? What is the campaign like?
            Yeah there is terrorist hunt. It's not really a campaign with the usual story but there are 10 single player missions that they call "situations". I'm playing them on realistic mode and they are pretty Damn challenging. But really the draw here is the unique multiplayer experience. I could see myself putting as many hours into this as I did battlefield 4

Comment

• Yes

Comment

I LOOVE the fact that they got rid of the old turn-based combat .. drove me crazy.
                Live action RPG was always the way for FF. The fact that they're essentially introducing it in a remake of the one of the most lauded and celebrated games of all times, is BALLSY. To say the least. Lol

Comment

• Actually not true. 'Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII' was live action and played something like this. Awesome game by the way.

This guy isn't very good but it give you an idea of the game.

While I've not played 'Final Fantasy Type-0' my understanding is it sort of plays like Crisis Core.

Then there's FFXV which drops in the new year and to me appears to be sort of like the FF7 remake.

Comment

• Decided to introduce my 3 year old to SNES last night. I wasn't sure if he'd like it. I ended up having to read the Mario Kart instruction manual as a bedtime story.

#MissionAccomplished

Comment

• Still can't get enough of siege. Aside from the odd server problem, this game is so well done. I've never seen destruction done this well before and the sound is incredible. Both are extremely important tactical tools in the game too. Never have problems finding people with mics cause the game really forces people to work together. Hands down one of the best strategic fps shooters I've ever played and it's nothing like the fps shooters we're all used to.

Comment

• Playing Fallout 4 exclusively when I've had spare time. Hardly progressed the main story at all because there is so much other stuff to do. Really good game and really challenging if you stumble into the wrong area.

Comment

Playing Fallout 4 exclusively when I've had spare time. Hardly progressed the main story at all because there is so much other stuff to do. Really good game and really challenging if you stumble into the wrong area.
                          I'm loving it. Great game so far. Took me a bit to get into it, and there's quite a lot I would change with the story, but that's to be expected. Really solid game that you can waste a lot of hours on.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I'm loving it. Great game so far. Took me a bit to get into it, and there's quite a lot I would change with the story, but that's to be expected. Really solid game that you can waste a lot of hours on.
                            Not to mention the mods are already massively benefiting the gameplay for PC users.

Comment

• Which ones? I've had excellent frame rates and no issues so far but I'm always open to improving the experience.

Comment

Which ones? I've had excellent frame rates and no issues so far but I'm always open to improving the experience.
                                Being able to craft any of the clothes and stuff, and craft certain weapons from scratch.
                                Ammo crafting station.
                                Larger settlement budget, so you can built more stuff.
                                Higher settlement limits, so you can build taller stuff.
                                Higher settlement population.
                                More items you can place while building your settlement.
                                Longer wires for electricity.
                                Reskin of the "Pipe" weapons, so they look more realistic.
                                Texture optimisations, so everything runs even better.
                                Weather mod that adds huge Rad storms.
                                Fixing the Dialogue so its not complete shit.

Stuff like that. Haha

Until the Creation Kit comes out the modding community is pretty limited in terms of custom content and in-world modifications, but still, its amazing what they are able to come up with.

Can see em all here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/?
                                Last edited by Joey; Sat Dec 19, 2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X