The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Well ... I see some guy has figured out how to make animated draw bridges and elevators ... people are wild.

Comment

• Cool, I'll check some of these out. I haven't hit the settlement size cap yet but I am very close in Sanctuary. I made a decision quite early to start using the command console for common settlement building materials. Otherwise I'd be signing on to dozens of hours of scavenging materials and that's not my idea of fun.

I wanted to fool around with making a giant lighted sign but the bright sign lights suck up a lot of power and settlement space. Here is what I built and this is probably my last big sign I'll do:

The sign is about four stories high. To power it we're talking like 10-15 nuclear gens and a couple wind turbines. I can see it clearly from top of the Red Rocket Gas bar, loud and proud. LOL

My initial plan was to have it higher off the ground and spell our sanctuary but once I figured out how these lights work I realized it would be crazy to try it and so I settled for a giant 'S'.

Comment

• I think I might try Ark Survival Evolved on Xbox. Apparently the port is really good and has everything the PC version has. Saw a review that called it the definitive version cause of hackers on PC. Still some issues on both PC and Xbox apparently tho as it is still in development.

Comment

• Currently playing ESO:Tamriel Unlimited, since it no longer has subscription fee, anyone gave it a try?
          Also bought Elite Dangerous, so far it seems I will spend more time playing ESO, as it's more immersive due to lore.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Currently playing ESO:Tamriel Unlimited, since it no longer has subscription fee, anyone gave it a try?
            Also bought Elite Dangerous, so far it seems I will spend more time playing ESO, as it's more immersive due to lore.
            I played it when it was in Beta, which granted probably wasn't enough to give it a fair shake, but it just wasn't a Todd Howard product, ala every Elder Scrolls game ever and Fallout; which really hurt it for me. I think a lot of people wanted Skyrim online, and it just isn't that at all.

Comment

• I read it was essentially generic MMO with ES paint job.

Now that remakes and remasters are in fashion I'd like to see them revisit Morrowind. I realize there is an independent fan project called Skywind so maybe they buy that so they get a head start. Morrowind was one of the most amazing console experiences I had back in the day. That and KOTOR caused me to purchase the real Xbox 1 way back when.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I played it when it was in Beta, which granted probably wasn't enough to give it a fair shake, but it just wasn't a Todd Howard product, ala every Elder Scrolls game ever and Fallout; which really hurt it for me. I think a lot of people wanted Skyrim online, and it just isn't that at all.
                True, yet it's MMO, I believe Skyrim was so immersive because it was a personal experience, and the setting itself was special, in ESO world map is huuuuge, what makes it much more diverse, yet it does not have the same atmosphere, to which you can get used to and enjoy as much as Skyrim.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I read it was essentially generic MMO with ES paint job.

Now that remakes and remasters are in fashion I'd like to see them revisit Morrowind. I realize there is an independent fan project called Skywind so maybe they buy that so they get a head start. Morrowind was one of the most amazing console experiences I had back in the day. That and KOTOR caused me to purchase the real Xbox 1 way back when.
                Well it feels like that, I mean that it has many aspects of casual MMO's, but what I read that after the expansion, they made some major tweaks to the gameplay, I have no complaints towards the quest line as the quests are not too dumb or easy/repetetive, which was my major complaint when I played in beta, also it is very balanced and does not restrict you to "the best skill builds" in order to be competetive.

As for Morrowind, it will probably be revisited:
                http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/the....hesda/3287.htm
                Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Dec 22, 2015, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Does is say that in the article? I thought it was referring to ESVI.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Does is say that in the article? I thought it was referring to ESVI.
                    Yeah, it is, I haven't found a strong source referring to Morrowind, people are speculating that it is going to be either Morrowind or Argonia.

Comment

• The article said Argonia but I didn't see Morrowind anywhere. I even did a keyword search.

Comment

• I picked up Dying light and Just Cause 3 today, I'll let y'all know how they are. Still gotta complete MGS 5

Comment

• Fallout 4 Mods

So I've logged some quality time on FO4 and I'm ready for some modding. Here's what I'm recommending to try if you're playing PC.
                          Presentation
                          Vivid Fallout - Landscapes - Textures in HD:
                          "An overhaul of original landscape textures and some new ones"
                          "the textures are less V-Ram heavy than the original ones!"
                          True Storms - Wasteland Edition (Thunder-Rain-Weather Redone):
                          "The #5 highest ranked Skyrim mod of 2015 with over 10,000 endorsements comes to Fallout 4 with even more features than ever! True Storms: Wasteland Edition is a complete overhaul to the storm systems in Fallout 4, including new heavy/unique weathers, sound effects, particle effects, textures, fogs, dust storms, hazardous radiation rain, and more..."
                          Enhanced Blood Textures: High resolution blood decals that complements the violence level of the Fallout series
                          FAR - Faraway Area Reform (LOD):
                          "This is a little texture mod I made for everyone, like my one for Skyrim (well kind of little, it has thousands of edited textures). What this does is adds a balanced amount of eye-tweaked noise to 3060 distant terrain files. This gives the appearance of making it look more detailed. You also get a new bump map with lots more variance, as well as a fixed noise texture. Why is it fixed? Well if you take a look, you can see Bethesda added a fake red glow to it for some reason. I refined the noise and eliminated that as there is nothing worse than fake lighting especially with lighting mods.

What else? Well those 3060 textures were saved at 341kb with a blank transparency. I removed that which seems to work fine, so this now makes them 171kb each. 341 x 3060 = 1,043460 and 171 x 3060 = 523,260 which is a huge saving, so It should actually improve performance. You can do that same sum again, but with 3060 bump maps, bringing the total to 6120 terrain textures, all saved properly, which doubles performance."

Character
                          Armorsmith Extended:
                          "One, every outfit in the game can now be worn under armor pieces and all armor pieces should show up when equipped.
                          Two, every hat and helmet in the game that doesn't cover your face can be worn with bandanas & gas masks.
                          Three, every outfit and every hat & helmet in the game can have ballistic weave armor added to it.
                          Four, I completely redid the entire clothing modding system from scratch. There are now 5 different types of mods: Lining mods, outfit add-on
                          mods, headgear add-on mods, Glove mods, and eyewear mods. The categories of what mods are available for a specific item correspond with which of
                          these 5 categories are present on that item.
                          Five, adds new outfits, headgear, gloves, custom Dogmeat armors, Under Helmet Hoods, Helmets (w/Hair), and nudifying rings to be crafted from the new custom Armorsmith Workbench.
                          Six, all clothing items are moddable now and are also rename-able.
                          Seven, I made this mod compatible with Legendary Modification by teaLz.
                          Eight, for the master armorsmith/scientists out there I've implemented a new craftable set of armor called Therm Optics Combat Armor. Using stealth
                          technology it is now possible to create cloaked combat armor pieces. Also the chestpiece can be modded with a therm optics booster that will extend the cloaking field around the user when standing still and sneaking. There is a known bug with this: These new Therm Optic armor pieces will not automatically unequip previously worn armor, you have to do that manually. This was was the only way to do invisible armor with properly functioning mods.
                          Nine, this mod is now fully compatible with Valdacil's Item Sorting. Choose the sort clothes by class option to have your apparel sorted in a way that compliments the changes made to clothing by Armorsmith Extended. I highly recommend
                          Eyewear and mask retexture:
                          "Have you ever noticed that the glass of the points look like a piece of frosted plastic? You absolutely do not like this and you want to fix it? If so, then you are at the right place!"

Inventory
                          DEF_INV - Improved inventory beta:
                          "Main features:
                          larger itemlists
                          display of icons instead of tags for the most popular item sorting mods (configurable via xml)
                          2 additional tabs for holotapes and notes (items get transferred from the misc tab)
                          display of value per weight, local computer time and approximate dps for weapons
                          in-game time on all pip-boy pages
                          long item names (no "...")
                          scripted NMM installer
                          visual swap A<->Q and Z<->W for AZERTY keyboard users (optional)"

Settlement Building
                          Simple Intersection:
                          "This mod lets you place things like Floors and Walls slightly into another object, not too far, but just enough. Now includes Junk Fences, no more gaps! Made with FO4Edit"
                          Homemaker - Expanded Settlements :
                          "Homemaker is a mod that greatly expands on the vanilla crafting system for settlements, and adds over 800 new, fully-balanced objects to craft, ranging from cars, to refrigerators to working street lights and everywhere in between! The mod also features a new Institute build set, with placeable snapping walls, floors, stairways and more! Whether you're a mad scientist, longing for the good ol' days, just trying to scratch out a new living in the wastes, or a sadistic raider, Homemaker has something for you!"
                          Higher Settlement Budget:
                          "The point of this mod is to allow you to build more for your settlements, since Bethesda placed a limit. It's super simple!"
                          Scrap dead things:
                          "Now you can get rid of most of that annoying ashpiles, corpses and skeletons in your settlement.
                          Most animals, ghouls or corpses of evil enemies gives you fertilizer, bones and leather.
                          Minutemen and settlers gives you marble, a material to build one of three gravestone types. You cn find them in Deco > Misc."
                          Craftable Elevators:

I am so glad I opted for PC with this game. I got a good deal and the modding is already top notch. Just give it a year and you'll have possibly new maps, quests, who knows?

Comment

• So I installed everything above except for 'Armorsmith Extended'.

I didn't notice any sort of performance enhancement(or drop) but then again I have experienced zero frame rate issues anyway.

I spent most of my time fooling around with settlements and I have to say that 'Simple Intersection' is a simple fix to a big problem with the base building. Building pieces fit together a lot easier now as this mod gives you a little slack. This mod does not seem to improve large item placement(ie: a vending machine, a cigarette machine, etc.) but there is a trick for those(place it on a rug and then move it).

'Homemaker - Expanded Settlements' was pretty good and had building materials from Covenant, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Institute and the Raiders to go along with a bunch of other stuff(even brand new vehicles). You can place healthy trees and bushes. You can place various rock types. Only problem is that the mod seems to remove options from the vanilla game. If I were to keep using this mod I think I'd use it for the beginning of the build and then maybe uninstall it to have access to all the vanilla stuff. It would be a time saver to build starting with the mod and the above mods took me all of 10-15 minutes to download and install.

As is, I don't think they'd approve these for console because there are rough spots(like the loss of materials mentioned above). No doubt the hold up is in testing the mods to make sure they don't ruin save files or cause game breaking glitches.

I downloaded an elevator and drawbridge mod as well. Haven't tested it yet though. I don't recall any drawbridges in the game so I'd imagine that took some real skills to make happen.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              I picked up Dying light and Just Cause 3 today, I'll let y'all know how they are. Still gotta complete MGS 5
                              Both games are fun. Dying light is especially fun if you can play co-op with friends.

Just cause 3 is one of those games you can get lost in for hours and not really accomplish anything just cause the mechanics are so fun to play with and it's fun blowing shit up. The challenges are fun too I gotta say. After a while I did lose interest tho.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                So I installed everything above except for 'Armorsmith Extended'.
                                Totally thought you wrote Aerosmith Extended. That would be a wicked mod.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X