The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    So I installed everything above except for 'Armorsmith Extended'.

I didn't notice any sort of performance enhancement(or drop) but then again I have experienced zero frame rate issues anyway.

I spent most of my time fooling around with settlements and I have to say that 'Simple Intersection' is a simple fix to a big problem with the base building. Building pieces fit together a lot easier now as this mod gives you a little slack. This mod does not seem to improve large item placement(ie: a vending machine, a cigarette machine, etc.) but there is a trick for those(place it on a rug and then move it).

'Homemaker - Expanded Settlements' was pretty good and had building materials from Covenant, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Institute and the Raiders to go along with a bunch of other stuff(even brand new vehicles). You can place healthy trees and bushes. You can place various rock types. Only problem is that the mod seems to remove options from the vanilla game. If I were to keep using this mod I think I'd use it for the beginning of the build and then maybe uninstall it to have access to all the vanilla stuff. It would be a time saver to build starting with the mod and the above mods took me all of 10-15 minutes to download and install.

As is, I don't think they'd approve these for console because there are rough spots(like the loss of materials mentioned above). No doubt the hold up is in testing the mods to make sure they don't ruin save files or cause game breaking glitches.

I downloaded an elevator and drawbridge mod as well. Haven't tested it yet though. I don't recall any drawbridges in the game so I'd imagine that took some real skills to make happen.
    Weird, I didn't lose any of the Vanilla items with this one.

As for "approval" and stuff, Bethesda hasn't actually even released the official Mod Tool kits yet; Everything people are doing now, is just sheer brute force. Which makes it even more impressive. Haha They won't start approving mods for the Console and Steam Workshop until the Creation Kit is released.

And with regards to save files, or anything like that, I've got about 30 mods installed currently, and haven't experienced any framerate drop, glitching, corruptions or anything. As long as things are built properly by the modder, you read the reviews, and load everything in the right order, you shouldn't experience anything like that with Bethesda games; they're designed to be modded.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Weird, I didn't lose any of the Vanilla items with this one.

As for "approval" and stuff, Bethesda hasn't actually even released the official Mod Tool kits yet; Everything people are doing now, is just sheer brute force. Which makes it even more impressive. Haha They won't start approving mods for the Console and Steam Workshop until the Creation Kit is released.

And with regards to save files, or anything like that, I've got about 30 mods installed currently, and haven't experienced any framerate drop, glitching, corruptions or anything. As long as things are built properly by the modder, you read the reviews, and load everything in the right order, you shouldn't experience anything like that with Bethesda games; they're designed to be modded.
      You sure you didn't lose the bar stools or any of the tables and stuff like that?

Comment

You sure you didn't lose the bar stools or any of the tables and stuff like that?
        Don't think so .. I'll have a look tonight though.

Comment

• Weird. I definitely lost some build items. I mean I gained a lot more. Stuff so large I don't think you could place it anywhere but the drive-in or Spectacle island (have you gone to Spectacle Island yet? OMG... One of my best memories from the game so far).

Comment

Weird. I definitely lost some build items. I mean I gained a lot more. Stuff so large I don't think you could place it anywhere but the drive-in or Spectacle island (have you gone to Spectacle Island yet? OMG... One of my best memories from the game so far).
            I have not actually. Still working my way East. Will definitely keep an eye out for it!

I've got the Drive-In as my main settlement, with 20 settlers. Fully enclosed with barbed wire topped concrete walls. Guard towers. Turret perchs. I dig it. I think I've only got 3 people at Sanctuary now. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              I have not actually. Still working my way East. Will definitely keep an eye out for it!

I've got the Drive-In as my main settlement, with 20 settlers. Fully enclosed with barbed wire topped concrete walls. Guard towers. Turret perchs. I dig it. I think I've only got 3 people at Sanctuary now. Lol
              That sounds pretty epic. Have you been to the castle(Fort Independence) yet? I'm torn between the castle and Spectacle Island as my next build site. I'm kind of done with Sanctuary too although there are 20 people there, I'm going to ramp it down eventually. Spectacle is off the coast and visible from the castle. It's quite the swim but you can see it from the castle. I'd imagine it's one of the largest, if not the largest, build site in the game.

Comment

• i just started over to re-purpose and build properly. going with less is more. no fast traveling and slowly pushing out on survival difficulty. named my guy rick, only use 6 shooters and everyone lives in a ricktatorship

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i just started over to re-purpose and build properly. going with less is more. no fast traveling and slowly pushing out on survival difficulty. named my guy rick, only use 6 shooters and everyone lives in a ricktatorship
                  https://youtu.be/5vxsE2SejHI

Don't know if this will work cause I can't seem to add links to videos from my phone.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    https://youtu.be/5vxsE2SejHI

Don't know if this will work cause I can't seem to add links to videos from my phone.
                    hahaha. great. i call dogmeat carl and yell at him

Comment

• Anyone get a Buzz Lightyear vibe about Danse? He's pretty useful in a gun fight too.

Comment

Anyone get a Buzz Lightyear vibe about Danse? He's pretty useful in a gun fight too.
                        You're not the only one -

There's a mod for that. Lol
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 12, 2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• I had to go search to confirm whether they somehow got Tim Allen to do voice work. It's not him.

Comment

I had to go search to confirm whether they somehow got Tim Allen to do voice work. It's not him.
                            Who is it? I thought it could've been George Clooney. Either way, the mans got a great voice.. haha

Comment

• Can't remember his name now but I agree. How far in are you with the story?

Comment

• Finally finished the main quest of FO4. I sided with the Brotherhood. The ending was... Ok? Not a big show like you see in most games, just typical FO style really.

Comment

Working...
                                X