The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Can't remember his name now but I agree. How far in are you with the story?
    Supposed to be heading out to the Glowing Sea to find some Scientist that defected? Not sure, but not super far along I don't think.

I've spent a lot of time doing side quests and just fucking around. Haha

Comment

• I'd guess you have about 10 hours of main story quest remaining for sure. Probably much more, I can't recall exactly because I took a break in there and did a bunch of minutemen quests.

The south part of the map is where some of the hardest enemies reside; Death Claws & Rad Scorpions. Before I did that quest I tricked out my power armor with lead paint and also my vault suit with lead lining. Rads will be an issue without a rad resistant suit and a hazmat suit while effective against rads won't protect you from the high level enemies down there.

I f'd around mostly until I was at a friends house last week and we got to talking about the game. He was already finished. I decided I'd pick up the pace and double back for all those side quests left to complete. I'm glad to be finished with the main quest. The last five or so missions were really good.

Comment

• http://www.tuicool.com/articles/BZV3QrY

Comment

• I bought Mount & Blade: Warband (Complete) over Christmas time for dirt cheap. I finally got around to playing it this week and wow, it is a totally awesome experience once you get 10 hours in and know the ropes, start learning strategies, etc. The graphics are dated but acceptable(there is an ENB mod out there) but everything else is amazing. It sort of has a Civ feel, only when units battle you're on the field leading the troops in live action. The vanilla game limits you to 150 troops on the battle field but there is a mod which moves the cap up to 1000. If you missed this one it's worth it the next time it goes on sale.

Comment

I'd guess you have about 10 hours of main story quest remaining for sure. Probably much more, I can't recall exactly because I took a break in there and did a bunch of minutemen quests.

The south part of the map is where some of the hardest enemies reside; Death Claws & Rad Scorpions. Before I did that quest I tricked out my power armor with lead paint and also my vault suit with lead lining. Rads will be an issue without a rad resistant suit and a hazmat suit while effective against rads won't protect you from the high level enemies down there.

I f'd around mostly until I was at a friends house last week and we got to talking about the game. He was already finished. I decided I'd pick up the pace and double back for all those side quests left to complete. I'm glad to be finished with the main quest. The last five or so missions were really good.
            Man, the narrative and characters of the game are kinda lame to be honest. As much fun I had with the settlement building, the game is losing it's replayability in my eyes. Still worth getting, but I'll tell the next guy to get it for half the price

Comment

• Edit: I thought you were talking about mount & blade for some reason.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                Man, the narrative and characters of the game are kinda lame to be honest. As much fun I had with the settlement building, the game is losing it's replayability in my eyes. Still worth getting, but I'll tell the next guy to get it for half the price
                my rictatorship is going great. no missions. just civilization building. i don't assign settlers to beds because the only rule i can enforce is "don't sleep in my bed or sit in my chair". whenever i get back to "my house" in each settlement i make sure no one is in my house. if they are i take them out to the center of town, ring the bell and shoot them in the face with a 44 magnum.

keeps the others in line.

Comment

• I bought The Order 1886 on sale over the Xmas holidays. Finally got to firing it up last night and played about two hours. The graphics are possibly the best I've ever seen. Everything in the game looks amazing, some things look like it was recorded with a digital camera it's so realistic. Wow.

The combat so far puts me in mind of an Unchartered game, only with much cooler weapons.

The voice acting and motion capture really adds to the realism as well.

The story is only starting to develop. I hear its a short game but it may take me longer than average because I've be slowly making my way through while marvelling at the realism.

For a game I purchased for under $10 I think I got a really good deal. It's like being in a movie and you're controlling the actor to a certain degree.

I hope they make another and listen to the fan remarks because they have a lot of potential here.

Comment

• Lol
                    Last edited by Machine; Mon Feb 1, 2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• That is weird.

Anyway, I finished The Order last night. Great game visually, in story telling, voice acting, game play, etc. I can see why some were upset at launch because it wasn't that long. It reminded me a lot of an Uncharted game in many ways and well worth a look on sale. The game time you do get is of top notch quality.

I love the basis of the game as well. Basically King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table found the Holy Grail during the crusade. The Order of the Knight's of the Round Table has since protected the grail water, using it to live centuries and sworn to protect the realm from werewolves and vampires and anything else. You play as one of those knights.

I took a quick look at the telltale game of thrones game. The graphics are horrible. Really bad, it was surprising how bad they were for a game released on next gen systems.

Comment

That is weird.

Anyway, I finished The Order last night. Great game visually, in story telling, voice acting, game play, etc. I can see why some were upset at launch because it wasn't that long. It reminded me a lot of an Uncharted game in many ways and well worth a look on sale. The game time you do get is of top notch quality.

I love the basis of the game as well. Basically King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table found the Holy Grail during the crusade. The Order of the Knight's of the Round Table has since protected the grail water, using it to live centuries and sworn to protect the realm from werewolves and vampires and anything else. You play as one of those knights.

I took a quick look at the telltale game of thrones game. The graphics are horrible. Really bad, it was surprising how bad they were for a game released on next gen systems.
                        Well compared to the Order everything looks subpar .. Haha But I think TellTales signature is style is to be a little "cartoony" with their graphics.

It should also be noted that I am up to 65 installed Mods for Fallout 4 and going strong. Haha
                        I basically don't use any Vanilla Guns and Armors at this point.. and my guy has a standalone jetpack and a nightvision visor without having to use the Power Armor.. because I hate using Power Armor.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Well compared to the Order everything looks subpar .. Haha But I think TellTales signature is style is to be a little "cartoony" with their graphics.

It should also be noted that I am up to 65 installed Mods for Fallout 4 and going strong. Haha
                          I basically don't use any Vanilla Guns and Armors at this point.. and my guy has a standalone jetpack and a nightvision visor without having to use the Power Armor.. because I hate using Power Armor.
                          You're basically Ironman. I have to try that.

What are the weapon mods like? The assault rifle, while very, very effective (borderline game breaking), it actually is not an assault rifle and instead seems to be a heavy machine gun. I was hoping they'd give us an update with a real assault rifle and maybe a carbine. No luck. Then again I sometimes forget that "hey, I'm playing this on my PC, time to take matters into my own hands".

By the way, the graphics in Telltale's GOT are not the cartoonish graphics we've seen in games like The Walking Dead. GOT feels more like a very bad oil painting. Good point about me going from The Order directly to GOT but still, it's really bad. I could have just finished Mario 1 and felt the same way.

Comment

You're basically Ironman. I have to try that.
                            Oh man, the jet pack is amazing. I literally giggled. Lol And they now have one that looks like Boba Fett, and another that kinda looks like the Wasp. Its amazing being able to just fly over things, or fly to the top of a 3 story building to get better vantage points etc.

Apollo wrote:
                            What are the weapon mods like? The assault rifle, while very, very effective (borderline game breaking), it actually is not an assault rifle and instead seems to be a heavy machine gun. I was hoping they'd give us an update with a real assault rifle and maybe a carbine. No luck.
                            Ya, I'm still expecting them to release a DLC similar to the Gun Runners Arsenal in New Vegas which adds a ton of new weapons, but ya, the "Assault Rifle" is basically a Browning Maxim MG08 water cooled LMG, like the one below:

The weapon mods are great so far. I've got an M9 Pistol, silenced and unsilenced.
                            There's also the M92 with a build-on Flashlight (which is AWESOME).
                            I've got a custom engraved, pearl handled M29 Bull Barrel.
                            I've got an automatic AK47 and a semi-auto M16 rifle.
                            And I just downloaded a custom designed SPAS-12 style Shotgun.

Apollo wrote:
                            By the way, the graphics in Telltale's GOT are not the cartoonish graphics we've seen in games like The Walking Dead. GOT feels more like a very bad oil painting. Good point about me going from The Order directly to GOT but still, it's really bad. I could have just finished Mario 1 and felt the same way.
                            Weird. I only ever played the First episode of the Walking Dead games. Wasn't really my cup of tea, but still good.

Comment

• Weird indeed right Apollo?

Don't see what you like in the order. The game looks pretty crappy to me from videos and streams I watched. The AI is terrible and it all looks pretty boring. Not one reviewer I saw stated the positives you did aside from graphics. Most seem to agree it was the biggest AAA flop of next gen so far. I believe that telltale game of thrones game is actually rated higher with its garbage graphics and basic mechanics. Whaddaya know, graphics isn't everything.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                Weird indeed right Apollo?

Don't see what you like in the order. The game looks pretty crappy to me from videos and streams I watched. The AI is terrible and it all looks pretty boring. Not one reviewer I saw stated the positives you did aside from graphics. Most seem to agree it was the biggest AAA flop of next gen so far. I believe that telltale game of thrones game is actually rated higher with its garbage graphics and basic mechanics. Whaddaya know, graphics isn't everything.
                                Really? Because I just watched one and the Order is visually stunning, and they go on about how the voice acting is top notch, and the story, while poorly paced, has some great potential and really cool features. And for $10? I'd probably try it out if I had a PS4.

And with GoT, he never even says graphics "are everything" ... just that they are bad. Lol
                                Like I said, I probably won't be playing, as those games aren't really my thing.
                                Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 1, 2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X