The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    That's actually not a bad price but I will still wait until next year and see how all three workout.
    I think the Vive looks like the best package, but at something like C$2500 all-in it's a pretty big investment, and there doesn't seem to be a ton of content. If I can get a PS4 package with VR for something like C$1000 they could win me over.

I think there will be a lot of big advances for CV2 of both the Rift and Vive anyway. This Sulon thing looks cool but may be impractical, but it kind of hints at how VR will change in 2-3 years.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      PlayStation Virtual Reality launching for C$549 in October. And there's going to be a Star Wars Battlefront VR "experience". Haven't gamed in a while but this might get me to bite.
      $399USD ... man that Canadian Dollar is hurting the Canadian Gaming community. lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        $399USD ... man that Canadian Dollar is hurting the Canadian Gaming community. lol
        Seriously! Sick of paying $79.99 for new games...

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          Seriously! Sick of paying $79.99 for new games...
          Greenmangaming.com

I'm telling you guys. You buy the steam code from them, and install it through Steam as normal, but you pay normal exchange rates, plus an extra 20% off they always give as promotions. I doubt I'll ever buy another game directly through Steam now that they have these Canadian prices.

Comment

Greenmangaming.com

I'm telling you guys. You buy the steam code from them, and install it through Steam as normal, but you pay normal exchange rates, plus an extra 20% off they always give as promotions. I doubt I'll ever buy another game directly through Steam now that they have these Canadian prices.
            Ahh I have an ancient crappy PC and never got used to gaming with a keyboard and mouse so I only game on console.

Comment

Ahh I have an ancient crappy PC and never got used to gaming with a keyboard and mouse so I only game on console.
              Truue.. Didn't even think that they'd be charging $80 for Console too.. geezus .. though the fact you at least get a physical resellable disk out of it is probably the better transaction.

Comment

• Not just GMG. Visit isthereanydeal.com and you have a cool tool showing you all sorts of deals.

Comment

Truue.. Didn't even think that they'd be charging $80 for Console too.. geezus .. though the fact you at least get a physical resellable disk out of it is probably the better transaction.
                  I buy digitally for convenience but Xbox does have a rewards program that basically gives you free money the more u do things like buy games, rent movies, watch TV shows etc.

Comment

Only if you're willing to go through the trouble of Kijiji or Craigslist. Lets face it, trade-ins are a total rip off, especially if you do it any time longer than three to six months out from release.

For me, I'd rather do the digital route, less fuss and I'm at the point in life where I'm not buying much and digital is so easy, especially if you have a really fast connection. I'm on fiber op, I could download FO4 now and be playing it in 15-20 minutes.

That's a conservative estimate. I downloaded Ark Survival Evolved(nearly 42GB, compressed though of course so less than that) and installed it in no more than 10 minutes last month. I can't get to the store in ten minutes. LOL

Comment

Only if you're willing to go through the trouble of Kijiji or Craigslist. Lets face it, trade-ins are a total rip off, especially if you do it any time longer than three to six months out from release.

For me, I'd rather do the digital route, less fuss and I'm at the point in life where I'm not buying much and digital is so easy, especially if you have a really fast connection. I'm on fiber op, I could download FO4 now and be playing it in 15-20 minutes.

That's a conservative estimate. I downloaded Ark Survival Evolved(nearly 42GB, compressed though of course so less than that) and installed it in no more than 10 minutes last month. I can't get to the store in ten minutes. LOL
                      Oh I'm not arguing with any of that. Trust me, I've been on Steam and PC for a very long time.
                      But still, getting a physical disk for the same price that we pay for "convenience" isn't a bad proposition for console players. Even getting $20 back at the end of the game for some people is a big difference maker. Basically a money-back rebate.

Comment

• The Division Review
                        THE VERDICT
                        There’s definitely some decent meat to chew on in The Division, but it’s usually surrounded by too much gristle to enjoy it for long. Both in combat and out, there are some clearly good ideas, especially the tense and dangerous Dark Zone. But they’re not spread evenly or interwoven cleanly enough to form a cohesive, consistently enjoyable loop. Ultimately, The Division’s overly busy, conflicted design philosophies drown its best ingredients in a bland slurry that never quite comes together into a cohesive dish.
                        http://n4g.com/news/1879472/the-division

6.7/10

Comment

• Apparently PSVR sold out almost instantly on preorders in Europe; I don't know about here. My guess people are worried about high demand to the point they can't get one for month due to sell outs. I know I didn't adopt PS4 right away but the following March or April, whenever I finally did get one, it was after a month of looking for one online and in stores. The only other options were Amazon and eBay where they were marking them up 50%.

Comment

The Division Review
                            http://n4g.com/news/1879472/the-division

6.7/10
                            Wow seriously underscored review. Game is amazing imo. This review would have made sense for destiny when it came out but the division has more than enough to keep me coming back. Already put more than 50 hours into it and nowhere near done. It will only get better in the coming months too.

Comment

• I can see how the game might not be for everyone with its RPG elements but there are def higher scores out there. I've seen a perfect score, 8/10 and 9/10. Interestingly enough that low review comes from the same company that decided to create a successful weekly talk show devoted strictly to the division because there is "so much depth and so much to talk about". Might not be everyone's cup of tea but still a great game imo.

Comment

Wow seriously underscored review. Game is amazing imo. This review would have made sense for destiny when it came out but the division has more than enough to keep me coming back. Already put more than 50 hours into it and nowhere near done. It will only get better in the coming months too.
                                They didn't knock it in the review for lack of content.

Comment

Working...
                                X