The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I can see how the game might not be for everyone with its RPG elements but there are def higher scores out there. I've seen a perfect score, 8/10 and 9/10. Interestingly enough that low review comes from the same company that decided to create a successful weekly talk show devoted strictly to the division because there is "so much depth and so much to talk about". Might not be everyone's cup of tea but still a great game imo.
    Metacritic has it across platforms on average from 7 to 8 for critics; each platform varies. The user reviews averages in the 6's and 7's for users. 'What is a good game' is subjective. Most people are saying this one is alright or good but not great. That's around Destiny scores but they're getting kicked here for completely different issues.

Personally I'm done with MMO shooters. Most of my friends hardly game anymore and those that do are very casual. You need a crew to really enjoy these games. Creative MMOs on the other hand are different, like Ark for example.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Metacritic has it across platforms on average from 7 to 8 for critics; each platform varies. The user reviews averages in the 6's and 7's for users. 'What is a good game' is subjective. Most people are saying this one is alright or good but not great. That's around Destiny scores but they're getting kicked here for completely different issues.

Personally I'm done with MMO shooters. Most of my friends hardly game anymore and those that do are very casual. You need a crew to really enjoy these games. Creative MMOs on the other hand are different, like Ark for example.
      Yeah definitely subjective. Alot of people knocked the game because of the bullet sponge enemies and well, that's an RPG. Other people wanted zombies and alien enemies while the game is set in a realistic environment which I prefer. Others didn't like that the PvP was not like other shooters call of duty style while I personally think what they've done is way more unique and interesting. Can see how it's one of those games that divides opinions.

Comment

• IGN said the game was bland.

Comment

• That original review was from ign, no? Ign is the company that created a weekly show with a panel of 3 to discuss the game every week. Odd thing to do for a bland game. They don't do that for other games.

Comment

• Well the game was hyped like crazy, just like Destiny was and The Order to name a few... Not to mention it just released and so if they spent so much time with the game they'd know better than anyone. They're paid to do that coverage, they're not doing it as gamers. They're doing it for gamers, and to capitalize off that work so of course they're going to cover the games paying millions on add space for hype. I just want to get that clear, this isnt Joe Average Gamer in his basement. This is a company that covers games for living. It doesn't mean they're right, this is all subjective after all... But they're not alone either.

Comment

• Where's their dedicated show?

Comment

• Alot of the ign employees have said they really enjoy the game. Sounds like one reviewer said he didn't. We agreed it's subjective. Not sure what your agenda is here. I think the game is fantastic. Moving on...

Comment

• Also alot of review companies who do it for a living have given it great scores. You recently said the order was great despite professional reviews saying differently. So what?

Comment

• You've edited your comment multiple times now so my responses may not seem appropriate but I'm in my phone and there is no edit function. Anyway, have a good day.

Comment

• I added to it make sure my view point is clear. If you paraphrased now and then you'd get the same message.

Edit: also, I do my of my posting on a phone and make a multitude of typos because of it. LOL

I have no agenda beyond discussing games. You like the game. Other people like the game... It just didn't live up to the hype and in some cases it was slammed. Just having a conversation with you.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        Also alot of review companies who do it for a living have given it great scores. You recently said the order was great despite professional reviews saying differently. So what?
                        Right. It's all subjective, I covered that. We're cool.

Comment

I added to it make sure my view point is clear. If you paraphrased now and then you'd get the same message.

Edit: also, I do my of my posting on a phone and make a multitude of typos because of it. LOL

I have no agenda beyond discussing games. You like the game. Other people like the game... It just didn't live up to the hype and in some cases it was slammed. Just having a conversation with you.
                          I think it's way to early to say it didn't live up to the hype. One low score is no biggie. Mostly good reviews from what I've seen. It took destiny over a year to make the game worthwhile. This game is worthwhile from jump and will be supported for years to come. The game is breaking sales records and people are already addicted to it. Reviewers rush through the game so they can get their review out and get views and hits. That is their sole motivation. And reviews change depending on who is assigned to do them. I personally put more weight into thorough lesser know reviewers who are small time and do it out of passion than these big companies.

Comment

• I look at a Metacritic.com.

It's getting four star by critics on average. That's a good score, not great. I understood it was supposed to be a great game. That's my only point about hype vs. the product. User scores are a lot worse on there though. Again all subjective, but enough to keep me away unless there's a big sale...

Comment

I look at a Metacritic.com.

It's getting four star by critics on average. That's a good score, not great. I understood it was supposed to be a great game. That's my only point about hype vs. the product. User scores are a lot worse on there though. Again all subjective, but enough to keep me away unless there's a big sale...
                              Makes sense. Users are more likely to go online and say something if they don't like something. That goes for anything. People who enjoy it are busy enjoying it. My entire friends list is playing it non stop every night. Haven't spoken to anyone who has played it that didn't enjoy it. Good and great are debatable. I'm far from completing the game so I really can't say myself but I love what I've seen so far and I love the long term plan and being transparent with fans. Everything they've put in the game has been done really well and free DLC comes in less than a month and then another free DLC a month after that to spice things up and significantly change the end game and dark zone. Looks very promising to me. Then the 3 big DLC drops after that.

Comment

• Joey have you ever bought anything on Bundle Stars? Shadow of Mordor(Steam code) is on there for $12.50 CAD right now; looks like it comes with all the DLC.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...-mordor-bundle

Comment

Working...
                                X