The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i'd just get up and go out into the real fucking world and interact with actual people who i'd try to sleep with, but most likely fail... but that failure would be much more personally gratifying than losing a dancing game to a machine"
    Amen brother. Lol

I'm just playing Devils Advocate. Neither of them is going to get my money. Lol Especially based on Motion Control.
    Just saying it IS an added asset, whos price would obviously be factored into the end price of the more expensive console.

Comment

i'm not one for motion games... for a myriad of reasons, from most of the games being very kiddish, to "if i wanted to get up and do shit while playing a game, i'd just get up and go out into the real fucking world and interact with actual people who i'd try to sleep with, but most likely fail... but that failure would be much more personally gratifying than losing a dancing game to a machine"

buuut........

my buddy has his kinect hooked up at home.... the gesture controls on that thing are pretty damn rad... i mean, in the menus and whatnot.. not in the games.... and if you got a boss tv, you damn near feel like you're in a sci fi movie..

that feeling does get tired real quick though... and you revert back to using the controller.. because it's much easer to drink your beer
      Yeah Kinect is pretty damn cool, I played it at my buds house a couple times. I'm even thinking about buying it next week for my 360

It's generally more popular with the casual crowd of game buyers though which for some reason irks these "hardcore" gamer teens on the internet, which I find really weird since this thing was pretty much meant for kids lmfao

Comment

that feeling does get tired real quick though... and you revert back to using the controller.. because it's much easer to drink your beer
        My natural gaming position (laying on the recliner with a bag of chips on my left side and a beer wedged between me and the armrest) doesn't accomodate the Kinect/Move stuff very well.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          My natural gaming position (laying on the recliner with a bag of chips on my left side and a beer wedged between me and the armrest) doesn't accomodate the Kinect/Move stuff very well.
          AMEN, SIR.

If i wanted to move more than my thumbs half an inch or so in any direction, i'd rather just get off my ass and go outside.

i've had much more fun playing the real life video game of "oh shit, where'd i leave my cell phone" on a sunday morning than i have had with any motion game

Comment

• Microsoft... Stick with PC's

Comment

• Pulled out the ol' NBA 2k13 the other day ... Been getting the itch lately. Lol
              So I found the latest Draft Class online, as well as the 2014 Draft Class ...

-Simmed the entire first season with normal team roster.
              -Did the 2013 draft (post draft I traded guys to their actual teams). Anthony Bennett went #1 too!
              -Made the few big moves that have been made so far this off season.
              -Traded our main guys for picks and pieces, tanked the 'second' season.
              -Got the #1 pick, selected Andrew Wiggins.
              -Signed Demarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe with free cap space.
              -Starting Lineup of Bledsoe, TRoss, Wiggins, Demarcus Cousins and Jonas Valanciunas.
              -with Amir, Kabongo and JJ Redick coming of the bench.

Ya this team will keep me busy at least until 2k14 comes out. Hah
              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 4, 2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Damn nice idea. Tried doing that on PS3 but its a pain in the ass getting the right faces and the proper draft class

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Damn nice idea. Tried doing that on PS3 but its a pain in the ass getting the right faces and the proper draft class
                  It is very time consuming, but I've been creating the draft classes (2013, 2014 so far) with as much detail as possible. It is painfully time consuming sometimes, but it will really extend the value of the game for a couple of years. Worth the effort.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    It is very time consuming, but I've been creating the draft classes (2013, 2014 so far) with as much detail as possible. It is painfully time consuming sometimes, but it will really extend the value of the game for a couple of years. Worth the effort.
                    Just get the PC version and you can get them fully done with their actual faces and everything. I'll try and take some screenshots of Wiggins in his Raptors uniform.

But you're absolutely right in that it does extent the gameplay for quite awhile.
                    Or at least until 2k14 comes out. Lol
                    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 5, 2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Just get the PC version and you can get them fully done with their actual faces and everything. I'll try and take some screenshots of Wiggins in his Raptors uniform.

But you're absolutely right in that it does extent the gameplay for quite awhile.
                      Or at least until 2k14 comes out. Lol
                      Sauce it

Comment

• For you skyrim fans. Have you guys seen this? my friend showed me these gamer poops and they are funny as hell

Comment

• Speaking of Skyrim, I've just started playing it (Kahjiit, lvl 7 or 8). Any pointers for a newbie? I haven't started enchanting anything, and am not entirely sure how it works.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                            Speaking of Skyrim, I've just started playing it (Kahjiit, lvl 7 or 8). Any pointers for a newbie? I haven't started enchanting anything, and am not entirely sure how it works.
                            Which system did you get it for?

I've never played as Khajiit, but I'd recommend do as much exploring as possible. Collect as much crap as possible.. (unless you want to cheat.. Lol)

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              Speaking of Skyrim, I've just started playing it (Kahjiit, lvl 7 or 8). Any pointers for a newbie? I haven't started enchanting anything, and am not entirely sure how it works.
                              I'm a khajit too, tho I haven't played in months. Going stealth is always fun, I'm a stealth archer

Comment

• I'm on the 360. I've been doing quite a bit of exploring.. seem to be on the right track so far

Comment

Working...
                                X