The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Magic Johnson won Finals MVP as a rookie.
    Tim Duncan was Finals MVP as a sophomore. Its not unheard of.
    Truu. But its rare

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Truu. But its rare
      Wiggins is a rare talent.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Magic Johnson won Finals MVP as a rookie.
        Tim Duncan was Finals MVP as a sophomore. Its not unheard of.
        it's certainly possible but keep in mind both those cases were before certain rule changes
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Have any of you seen the skyrim gamer poops?

Comment

• Morrowind HD

I'm going to install that massive HD patch for Morrowind and give it one last spin. I got the game when it came out around ten years ago. At the time it was mind blowing. The HD patch makes it look like Oblivion or Skyrim. It's going to be a pretty cool re-visit.

I have the vanilla game, along with the expansion packs,(which you need) installed on my Windows 7 machine and it's running smooth. Tonight I install the patch.

The vanilla game hasn't aged well in the graphics department. I fooled around with it for a little bit after the install. Still just as fun as I remembered though.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I'm going to install that massive HD patch for Morrowind and give it one last spin. I got the game when it came out around ten years ago. At the time it was mind blowing. The HD patch makes it look like Oblivion or Skyrim. It's going to be a pretty cool re-visit.

I have the vanilla game, along with the expansion packs,(which you need) installed on my Windows 7 machine and it's running smooth. Tonight I install the patch.

The vanilla game hasn't aged well in the graphics department. I fooled around with it for a little bit after the install. Still just as fun as I remembered though.
              I did the same thing with the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. The modding community these days is just massive, and game companies are now starting to realize the more freedom they allow this community, the longer people will be playing their game.

The Elder Scrolls series is a PERFECT example of that. Skyrim came out in 2008. I've got mine modded so as to look as though it came out yesterday. I'm sure the Morrowwind HD mod will do much the same thing. I'm curious to know how that game plays and looks compared to a more recent title. Because as you said.. the game is pretty ugly by todays standards. Keep us informed!

Comment

• Just finished the mod an hour ago. I maxed out all the settings. It looks as good as Oblivion or Skyrim, if not better but the laptop I tried it on isn't a gaming laptop and the frame rate is 20FPS outside, 30-60FPS inside. Not good. I'll be doing an update to my settings now to fine tune it into a solid 30-60FPS.

This mod adds other features as well, such a more NPC, upgraded sounds, a nude mod, you know, all the staples.

While I'm at this I may go see if there is any HD mods for Diablo II.

Comment

Just finished the mod an hour ago. I maxed out all the settings. It looks as good as Oblivion or Skyrim, if not better but the laptop I tried it on isn't a gaming laptop and the frame rate is 20FPS outside, 30-60FPS inside. Not good. I'll be doing an update to my settings now to fine tune it into a solid 30-60FPS.

This mod adds other features as well, such a more NPC, upgraded sounds, a nude mod, you know, all the staples.

While I'm at this I may go see if there is any HD mods for Diablo II.
                  Woahhhhh. Can you post screenshots? i totally wanna see this

Comment

• I just got the Legendary edition of skyrim last week and it looks pretty dope with the high res texture packs, plus it also comes with all the DLC's

Comment

• Anyone picking up Splinter Cell: Blacklist?

Comment

• Legendary Return to Skyrim (this time via PS3):

I bought Skyrim Legendary Ed. for PS3. I bought Skyrim when it came out for 360 but then later sold my 360 and games. I wasn't playing this when it dropped for PS3 but I read all the horror stories about the frame rate and glitches. I've logged about five hours on Skyrim Legendary Ed. (PS3) now and I think it's better looking than the 360 version and I am experiencing no performance issues. Zip, zero, zlitch. So it looks like they fixed it all. Legendary comes with all the DLC and Walmart has it on for $20 cheaper than anywhere else(around $40 vs. $60 elsewhere). It seemed like a good deal to me considering that the regular version is still $30 most places and EB had a Legendary used copy going for $55(shakes head).

Loving this game again, and this time around I'm going to finish it. I created a Imperial warrior and I've decided to use a short sword, shield combo with a bow for ranged attacks. Like last time I'm going to focus on smithing and enchanting trades because it seems like a logical setup; soul trapping while hunting for leather and then enchanting with the filled soul gems.

I thought about being a mage but I really like sword play and so maybe some other time.

I'm currently in Riverun, just cleared Barrow Falls and am rocking some custom made fine leather armor and a custom fine steel short sword. Next stop Whiterun.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Woahhhhh. Can you post screenshots? i totally wanna see this
                        I've since tweaked the settings and knocked it down a little in the graphical department. You need a powerful PC to run that with a decent frame rate. I did have it looking better than Oblivion.

I should have took screens before I starting messing with it again so instead, check out this article: http://kotaku.com/5947989/morrowind-...hical-overhaul

Messing around with Morrowind again got me craving some console Elder's Scrolls. That led me to picking up Skyrim again. I prefer the console controls more than the mouse and keyboard; I finished Morrowind originally on an original Xbox and Oblivion on a 360. I probably still have Morrowind gathering dust in my basement next to my original Xbox...

Comment

I bought Skyrim Legendary Ed. for PS3. I bought Skyrim when it came out for 360 but then later sold my 360 and games. I wasn't playing this when it dropped for PS3 but I read all the horror stories about the frame rate and glitches. I've logged about five hours on Skyrim Legendary Ed. (PS3) now and I think it's better looking than the 360 version and I am experiencing no performance issues. Zip, zero, zlitch. So it looks like they fixed it all. Legendary comes with all the DLC and Walmart has it on for $20 cheaper than anywhere else(around $40 vs. $60 elsewhere). It seemed like a good deal to me considering that the regular version is still $30 most places and EB had a Legendary used copy going for $55(shakes head).

Loving this game again, and this time around I'm going to finish it. I created a Imperial warrior and I've decided to use a short sword, shield combo with a bow for ranged attacks. Like last time I'm going to focus on smithing and enchanting trades because it seems like a logical setup; soul trapping while hunting for leather and then enchanting with the filled soul gems.

I thought about being a mage but I really like sword play and so maybe some other time.

I'm currently in Riverun, just cleared Barrow Falls and am rocking some custom made fine leather armor and a custom fine steel short sword. Next stop Whiterun.

I've since tweaked the settings and knocked it down a little in the graphical department. You need a powerful PC to run that with a decent frame rate. I did have it looking better than Oblivion.

I should have took screens before I starting messing with it again so instead, check out this article: http://kotaku.com/5947989/morrowind-...hical-overhaul

Messing around with Morrowind again got me craving some console Elder's Scrolls. That led me to picking up Skyrim again. I prefer the console controls more than the mouse and keyboard; I finished Morrowind originally on an original Xbox and Oblivion on a 360. I probably still have Morrowind gathering dust in my basement next to my original Xbox...
                          My PC is probably more powerful than my ps3. So i just play Skyrim on my PC, i also have the Legendary edition, it runs quite smoothly on High graphics sometimes it lags a bit here and there but usually its fine. Btw you don't have to use mouse and keyboard, just plug in your ps3 controller and get motionjoy, i do that for every PC game.

Comment

• Have you guys seen this?
                            http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Have you guys seen this?
                              http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/
                              I have heard of it yes. Is it any good?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                I have heard of it yes. Is it any good?
                                Doesn't matter cause i signed up anyway haha

Comment

Working...
                                X