The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Lol No one is talking out of their ass here. Fox made a very educated argument, and backed everything up with facts.
    Please don't dismiss it with "you're completely talking out of your ass". Bad form.
    It feels like you're a little too "fanboy" about PS4...just saying.

Completely disagree. Forza is a great franchise.
    GT is obviously fantastic, and I've played them all alot, but you can't say Forza doesn't compare, when it obviously does. Graphically, Forza for XBone looks amazing.
    Every time I read that as "X-Bone" instead of "XB-one", which makes me like it a little more lol..

I think exclusives are all subjective and there cannot be a definitive winner to suit all genres. Both sides have strong games but it's all personal preference. Maybe there is that one game that makes you switch (for me I bought an xbox when I already had a ps2 completely because of Star Wars KOTOR) or maybe you go with what system fits you better (I went PS3 over Xbox360 because of wifi, and free online).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah, I got my first Xbox for Morrowind... I remember watching my buddy play it and it blew my mind that A gaming console had a game like that. KOTOR was the gravy.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anybody play Ryse yet? That game looks really cool as I'm a fan of that type of era

Comment

• My friend has it. It's really pretty and the stuff happening around you is actually pretty incredible but the game itself at its core is insanely monotonous. it's essentially just a brawler and once you get about halfway through that's pretty much it for what you can do. the slow-mo "fatalities" are awesome at first but gets soooo tired after a while.

it's too bad you can't really rent games anymore, this is the definition of a renter not a buyer.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• You can borrow it from your friend and use it on your Xbone though, correct?

Comment

• If you had a xbone sure I guess
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I ask because at least at one time they weren't going to allow that... Did they change that?

Comment

• hmmm i dunno thats a good question
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    You can borrow it from your friend and use it on your Xbone though, correct?
                    Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I ask because at least at one time they weren't going to allow that... Did they change that?
                    This is/was a common misconception actually. It was never really the case:
                    In advance of E3 next week, Microsoft is addressing some of the thornier questions that gamers have had about its upcoming console.

Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days, and each game can only be given once.” In other words, people who have been newly added to your friends list won’t be allowed to accept game loans, and repeated loans won’t be allowed to the same friend.

In addition, Microsoft has revealed that up to ten players in your “family” can have access to your shared library of games from any console, and you’ll be able to access your full library of games and play them from any connected Xbox One.
                    Source
                    Sounds pretty alright to me.

Not to mention this is more generous than Apple is with the sharing of their music.
                    Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Apple supports backward compatibility though... Sony does Sony via free streaming service.

Comment

Apple supports backward compatibility though... Sony does Sony via free streaming service.

xbox does it through hdmi passthrough.. hell you could even play sony games on xbox through hdmi passthrough lol

but yeah not as convenient since u still have to have the other console
                        Last edited by Machine; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• I like the idea of one box allowing me access to PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP and maybe PS Vita given that there would be no limitations to playing PS Vita via Gakai on the PS4 as long as Sony permits it.

I mean, really, you could play PC games on your PS4 via Gakai if Sony chooses to go that route as well.

I really think Gakai is the future. It would be far cheaper for Sony. No longer would you need a console, you'd just need a good connection. Cloud gaming. That's the next next generation. Book it.

Comment

I like the idea of one box allowing me access to PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP and maybe PS Vita given that there would be no limitations to playing PS Vita via Gakai on the PS4 as long as Sony permits it.

I mean, really, you could play PC games on your PS4 via Gakai if Sony chooses to go that route as well.

I really think Gakai is the future. It would be far cheaper for Sony. No longer would you need a console, you'd just need a good connection. Cloud gaming. That's the next next generation. Book it.
                            That's what MS was saying since E3 and PS4 fans were bashing it.. that was their whole idea behind pushing everything to be digital and buying all the cloud servers because that is clearly the future.. sony pushed the disc based ads against MS and people ate it up so they had to backtrack. When it happens, MS will be way ahead of the game in that dept.
                            Last edited by Machine; Sat Nov 30, 2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• So you're saying that the only people interested in used games are PS4 Fans. Is it in their DNA or is it an environment thing?

Comment

So you're saying that the only people interested in used games are PS4 Fans. Is it in their DNA or is it an environment thing?

They were going to allow used games to be traded in digitally. It was a marketing move by sony and it worked. But at the same time, they are really whats holding us back from the "future of gaming" as you said yourself because they were unprepared for this generation and they are unwilling to take risks. Really, as far as hardware and software goes, to a casual gamer, all it seems like they did was update their graphics card and add some features that the xbox 360 had. MS is at least trying to push boundaries, look into the future, take risks and try to be innovative.
                                Last edited by Machine; Sat Nov 30, 2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X