The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Yea NBA2K12 is pretty bad. It actually is the most frustrating sports game ever. The game is so unrealistic compared to 2k11. Easily the worst 2K sports game ever made :P
    i stopped playing it after like 1 or 2 months. Too repetitive and boring. Waste of money

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Yea NBA2K12 is pretty bad. It actually is the most frustrating sports game ever. The game is so unrealistic compared to 2k11. Easily the worst 2K sports game ever made :P
      I've since backed off of this stance.
      I actually forgot how mad I was with 2k12 before rereading that post I made! HAH

You just have to tweak with the sliders alot, to get it to the level where every game is competitive and close. Which I have since accomplished. I've downloaded a few mods as well that have allowed me to now have all the new rookies, updated rosters every week, AND like 250 Classic and Legend teams to choose from. Playing a 'Quick Game' of Toronto's 2000 Team against the 2000 76ers is ALOT of fun. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        You just have to tweak with the sliders alot, to get it to the level where every game is competitive and close. Which I have since accomplished.
        i find that's true with the majority of sports games... you have to do a TON of adjusting just to make it even remotely possible for you to lose a game... which is a effed up concept

FIFA 12 was the worst for it.... started playing on the default difficulty, and within a day or two i was killing teams like 20-0 every game... with TFC of all teams... jacked the difficulty up all the way, and still beating teams regularly by five or six goals..

i find i have more fun simulating games, and just going the manager route... which is just sad.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I've since backed off of this stance.
          I actually forgot how mad I was with 2k12 before rereading that post I made! HAH

You just have to tweak with the sliders alot, to get it to the level where every game is competitive and close. Which I have since accomplished. I've downloaded a few mods as well that have allowed me to now have all the new rookies, updated rosters every week, AND like 250 Classic and Legend teams to choose from. Playing a 'Quick Game' of Toronto's 2000 Team against the 2000 76ers is ALOT of fun. haha

Ultimate Base Roster?

Too bad it's not on PS3.
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
            Ultimate Base Roster?
            You know it!! It really does add a whole nother level to the game. If 2k13 doesn't incorporate what this guy has done even a little bit, I likely won't even bother buying it now. No need. I'll have all the Rookies and Rosters for next year anyway. (Assuming he keeps with the Updates. He's been doing them every Friday, but I try and make the trades/additions where I can)

Comment

I bought a Vita about a month ago. Since I've had a daughter I don't have the same free time I used to, not to mention I don't have the luxury of creeping off to be by myself to game. The Vita is great in my opinion, I love getting a console quality experience anywhere in the house and the ability to drop it and pick it up immediately from where I left off is excellent. It has some excellent games too, although not many at this point. I think I'll have to wait another year to get some quality sports titles because new consoles tend to take that long to get the sports titles going at an expected level of quality.

Comment

2k12 is just a brutal game. Too many exploits and it's just not as fun as 2k11 for some reason.

Comment

For those of you that played Splinter Cell

Sam Fisher is awesome haha

i'm almost finished this game but some of his interrogations are hilarious

Comment

Anyone caught up with the 2k13 news yet? I'm hyped...

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nb...-nba-2k13.aspx

Apparently they sent a bunch of 2k Youtubers to play the game at their headquarters, notables being Chris Smoove, IpodKingCarter, etc

I don't want to clutter up the page with all the vids so here's where I'm finding the info about 2k13, it's probably the best sports gaming/2k community there is: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      For those of you that played Splinter Cell

Sam Fisher is awesome haha

i'm almost finished this game but some of his interrogations are hilarious
                      I was never a Splinter Cell guy, I tried one of the games long time ago and didn't really like it...

But don't get me wrong, I do like the stealth genre, the Metal Gear Solid series is better IMO

Comment

Madden '13 (Vita)

I decided to buy a Vita a few months back. I tried a Vita in store and loved everything about it. With a kid and a wife it's tough to find time to go off by myself to get my gaming fix; as in I haven't turned on my 360 since October.

Over the weekend I played the Madden '13 demo on there. It's crazy. The graphics are amazing, as in PS3 quality, the sound is as good as your headphones I guess and the controls were very precise and responsive. This game it going to be awesome. I don't know if it will be as great as the new console versions but it's like Madden '12.5 for the PS3 in your hands. Apparently it'll have a full blown franchise mode, Super star mode and online play. Just perfect for playing on the couch while the wife watches the Bachelorette or some other god aweful mind melting junk ha, ha. I'm heading off on a business trip for two days tomorrow morning and this thing is excellent for planes or hotels to kill time as well. I'm loving the Vita, try it for yourself!

I hear there is a COD Black Ops coming out in the fall for it as well. It's amazing what they can pull off in such a small package. I don't know the specs but it's blows my mind what it can produce.

Comment

Not playing any games for some time, though I cannot wait for Gta V to show up and motivation to buy Diablo III.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Here's a video of NBA Live 13 gameplay.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...medium=twitter

It looks like garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbage! Safe to say I'll be sticking with 2K13 once again.

I'm just getting into a nice NCAA13 College Football Season online with a few friends. I think I'm done with Madden, I haven't much liked the last 2 they've put out. I feeling the college game a lot. Pick a school and go thru a dynasty mode, recruit players, even draft them into Madden if you have it and play both!

Comment

Finally, they have something...

Presentation looks nice, but 2k13 (which released another Developer Insight today by the way) is gonna be really good this year.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="620" height="375">

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                Not playing any games for some time, though I cannot wait for Gta V to show up and motivation to buy Diablo III.
                                Speaking of GTA, I am replaying GTA San Andreas for the first time in years and wow, is that game fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X