No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man i have the weirdest last of us experience. i bought it the day it came out and played for probably a solid 6 hours straight (wife and daughter were out of the house obviously), got to this part i couldn't beat and decided it was time to maybe do normal human things like eat and NEVER PLAYED THE GAME AGAIN EVER. like, i enjoyed the game. i really did. every now and then i'll think about how i'd like to play it again but then i never do.

i blame it on the fact its the last ps3 game i bought but it's still really stupid.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Last of Us is pretty amazing. Seems its already been licensed for a movie, so hurry up and finish it before the movie comes out! Its an EPIC story.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        man i have the weirdest last of us experience. i bought it the day it came out and played for probably a solid 6 hours straight (wife and daughter were out of the house obviously), got to this part i couldn't beat and decided it was time to maybe do normal human things like eat and NEVER PLAYED THE GAME AGAIN EVER. like, i enjoyed the game. i really did. every now and then i'll think about how i'd like to play it again but then i never do.

i blame it on the fact its the last ps3 game i bought but it's still really stupid.
        I get it and this has happened to me on a few games, such as Sleeping Dogs. I only game at night once my daughter and wife are asleep. Last of Us is an intense game to play when your next stop is bed. The first hour of it, I have to say, I was utterly floored by how pretty the graphics are(I own the PS4 version) but I didn't like the prelude story... Probably because I myself have a daughter so it might hit harder for me than some. After that, once they're out in the field opening up main storyline, I started getting sucked in. The game is f'ing stressful though. I'm not a huge fan of survival horror typically and I usually will only dip into the lighthearted Fallout series for this sort of experience but where this was coming from Naughtydog I finally decided to give it a chance with the best version available.

What I think they should have done is have a trade in or upgrade program for PS3 game owners wanting to upgrade to a PS4 copy. Either way, ceez, you should give this another try because apparently it gets really good near the end or so I've been told. I was also told that multiplayer is pretty rewarding once you get through the story.

Joey wrote: View Post
        Last of Us is pretty amazing. Seems its already been licensed for a movie, so hurry up and finish it before the movie comes out! Its an EPIC story.
        I hear its anywhere from 10-20hrs to finish depending on your play style and skill. So I'm thinking that's a solid two weeks for me because I won't play every night.

I also took Black Flag for a 1 hour spin. I am super excited about playing that one too but it's gonna have to wait. I also want to get one of the November new releases although I'm going to wait on the reviews and buy something in December.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          That looks ridiculously bad. Need better everything.

Face models are decent.
          this looks bad????

dude, I grew up in the 70's. This looks fucking incredible.

Comment

• Side note, anyone having any issues with their DS4? My left stick tore about a month ago. I ended up buying kontrol freeks in an attempt to cover up the problem but they pop off so damn easy. Last night I krazy glued the things on there and now it works like a charm. I like the added precisions.

I hear you can send the controller in to Sony and they will replace it but that seemed like a lot of work to me... And you pay shipping which I think is stupid considering it's Sony's fault.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              this looks bad????

dude, I grew up in the 70's. This looks fucking incredible.
              Graphics are fine. But when the gameplay seems to be as smooth as "NBA Courtside" from 1998, then there's an issue.

Visually it looks great. But the movements of the players are pretty brutal.

EDIT: Footage from NBA Live 2000 looks only slightly worse. LOL
              Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 31, 2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                picked up civ beyond earth from steam a couple days ago. the demo is free right now. this could get bad. already thinking about not going to work and i am not sure if the wife and kid are even in the house anymore. i have built a nest and am beginning to just absorb the energy i need from the air around me.
                "I feel you"
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  So basically the game is terrible like everyone predicted. And the graphics are absolutely horrible, I don't know what you're talking about.
                  I'm sorry man, but you're absolutely blind if you think the graphics are horrible lol

2k15 looks more cartoony and dull especially during gameplay, Nba live 15 looks spot on. Just look at the crowd and lighting in 2k, it looks very boring. This just goes to show how many 2K fanboys there are smh
                  Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Oct 31, 2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Graphics are fine. But when the gameplay seems to be as smooth as "NBA Courtside" from 1998, then there's an issue.

Visually it looks great. But the movements of the players are pretty brutal.

EDIT: Footage from NBA Live 2000 looks only slightly worse. LOL
                    Gameplay is trash. Besides the shooting, which is actually decent. Everything else needs some work

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I'm sorry man, but you're absolutely blind if you think the graphics are horrible lol

2k15 looks more cartoony and dull especially during gameplay, Nba live 15 looks spot on. Just look at the crowd and lighting in 2k, it looks very boring. This just goes to show how many 2K fanboys there are smh
                      the graphics are absurdly horrible except when you go to replay mode. just watch the video u posted... its atrocious.. spot on?? are u insane??? nothing looks even close to real in that game unless you take a snapshot in replay mode. In live action the graphics look pathetic. you are hyping a ridiculously horrible game and you are calling me a fanboy. do I even need to drop the mic?
                      Last edited by Machine; Sat Nov 1, 2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Who cares which one is better? Play whatever you like but guys, just cut to the chase already:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nba-2k15
                        http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-4/nba-live-15

Comment

• In Last of Us everybody who's against you both alive and dead seem to be a kamikaze. Everybody rushes you as soon as you're spotted, there are no cowards or passive attackers. It really cranks up the difficulty because with limited ammo you really need to stealth kill almost all the time to make sure you have your ammo for the boss fights or major confrontations. This really slows things down, especially when you get to a bigger area where it's unclear where you need to go and so you need to crawl around at turtle pace taking out bad guys.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            In Last of Us everybody who's against you both alive and dead seem to be a kamikaze. Everybody rushes you as soon as you're spotted, there are no cowards or passive attackers. It really cranks up the difficulty because with limited ammo you really need to stealth kill almost all the time to make sure you have your ammo for the boss fights or major confrontations.

You DO need to stealth kill ALL the time. Only way I was able to beat it.

Comment

You DO need to stealth kill ALL the time. Only way I was able to beat it.
                              It's so fricking slow though. I'm finding my favourite parts are the areas that may frustrate other people. You know, those few areas where you have a half dozen to a dozen zombies running at you in total chaos and there is no place to run and hide.

The part where you're pushing the pickup truck was gold but then I'm back to slow as malases crawling not too long after...

Comment

• Stealth requires patience and strategy. Which is why i love stealth games, this run and gun crap is so boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X