Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    There are voice commands? Huh, man I need to read manuals
    in the options section, check the kinect area. they are listed there. i jotted the ones down i thought were useful to help me remember.

mainly "name heal", "cassandra defend name" (this works for everyone not just cassandra) "everyone defend name" "journal" "character record" "switch to name" "questmap" "summon mount" "name/everyone hold position"

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      in the options section, check the kinect area. they are listed there. i jotted the ones down i thought were useful to help me remember.

mainly "name heal", "cassandra defend name" (this works for everyone not just cassandra) "everyone defend name" "journal" "character record" "switch to name" "questmap" "summon mount" "name/everyone hold position"
      So much work. I'm going on YouTube and just watching people play ala South Park.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I got totally annihilated at that Rift. I never realized I was in really deep shit until the third wave when I went to use a potion and there were none left ha, ha.

Haven't been gaming this week but I'm going back to this game this week.

999 should also check out the area with the zombies. I think it's the most southern place on the lower right hand world map. You'll find relentless action there, just go for a stroll through the swamp.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
        thats the rift i used the ruffalo for, during the return him to home quest. he kicked the shit out of all the monsters there. i knew he was tough because i tried to kill him when i saw him the first time and he almost party wiped me before i ran away

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          elfroot used to upgrade your potions in the shop in haven.

i am playing an off tank. i use varric to start fights. behaviored my own character to follow controlled player, which would be varric. then behaviored varric, solas to follow me and cassandra to defend me.

varric shoots, my guy takes off. built to create a guard asap so i can grab all the enemies. cassandra has taunt as a preferred power and she taunts them off of me, then with everyone following my lead we can focus fire the enemies down.

i recommend getting the stereo surround sound headphones. the mic for them make the connect options work great. voice commands work super good with this game. cassandra defend varric and she runs right away to pull enemies off. varric heal, drinks a potion. very nice
          Jeez thats a lot of work. I rarely use the tactical camera, i go invisible and flank em from behind while the rest of the team rushes in guns blazing. Is there a command that tells Solas and Varric to stay far away and attack? they always end up being too close to the enemy and taking a shit ton of damage.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Jeez thats a lot of work. I rarely use the tactical camera, i go invisible and flank em from behind while the rest of the team rushes in guns blazing. Is there a command that tells Solas and Varric to stay far away and attack? they always end up being too close to the enemy and taking a shit ton of damage.
            10-15 minutes to set up everyones ai, then set.

when you are the distance you want them say "name hold position" pretty sure it is that. walk a bit and check. then send cassandra in and get started. "everyone attack my target" should activate them and they will start shooting from ranged

or when chaos starts in the fight a quick "switch to solas" and run him away followed with "switch to varric" and run him away works fine as well.

tactical camera is garbage

Comment

• also watch tactics ai for potions. solas and varric especially. default is 50%. means solas stops casting with 50 mana pool left. i switched him to 20%, in case someone dies and i can "switch to solas" and cast the rez spell. and varric i set his stamina to 0% because i want him to go balls out.

i don't let cassandra use shield wall. i don't let varric use caltrops. i preferred solas to use barrier, varric with exploding shot and cassandra with shield bash.

during party choosing i pick cassandra, solas and varric. this means when i "switch to varric" only one press downwards on the pad brings me back to my character and "switch to cassandra" is one press upwards back to me. i tend to not worry about solas so much.
              Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Dec 15, 2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• I think i'll just stick with my method of playing. Casandra defends Varic, Solas Follows Varic, and I defend Solas. Therefore they all stay back while i fight, and if anyone gets near them Casandra defends them both. Pretty much always works for me, and me being a rogue really helps since i can go invisible and hit them from behind. I have a shit ton of boosters for my dagger attacks so I pretty much always take down more than half the health of the enemy from just one hit from behind.

Comment

• Is everybody a dual wielding rogue? Seems pointless to have a character creation system when everyone creates the same thing. Might restart as a Quanari or whatever they are.

Comment

• LOL, I didn't even consider that build. I am your good old fashion sword and shield warrior... With a really rockin' mountain man beard.

Comment

• I feel uncomfortable here......

I'll just close the door on my way out. Heehee

Comment

LOL, I didn't even consider that build. I am your good old fashion sword and shield warrior... With a really rockin' mountain man beard.
                        Seemed redundant. Usually there are tanks available early. Usually make Rogues to pick chests early

Comment

• You have Verric. I pick whichever I think I'll enjoy most and don't worry about strategy. You get a large cast of nine companions so there's no worries about not having somebody for something.

Comment

You have Verric. I pick whichever I think I'll enjoy most and don't worry about strategy. You get a large cast of nine companions so there's no worries about not having somebody for something.

I'm just picking roots and collecting trash right now. Kinda disappointed in DAI and Destiny so far.

Comment

• Destiny was disappointing for me. DAI on the other hand I am enjoying. Like I mentioned earlier, Diablo meets Elder's Scrolls in my books.

Comment

You have Verric. I pick whichever I think I'll enjoy most and don't worry about strategy. You get a large cast of nine companions so there's no worries about not having somebody for something.

My god, I finished that game after 95 hours of game play, with all the side quests finished (sword and shield for my character). Worth the buy. The game felt like DA:O, but injected with Mass Effect 2 pacing. Don't do the story only, or else you will rip yourself off of the other things you might like in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X