The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol. I had no idea what the picture was telling me either. My first instinct thought that the game developers had programmed artificial tweets within the game to add to the realism :|

Quick! Jump over that turtle and grab the 1Up mushroom!
    Hey, do you know which stage has the infinite life turtle that you can just keep jumping on over and over again? I heard it's on a staircase.

Also, please bring my Game Genie to school tomorrow - I'm trying to finish Contra.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I heard there was a MRS Pacman!

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Hey, do you know which stage has the infinite life turtle that you can just keep jumping on over and over again? I heard it's on a staircase.

Also, please bring my Game Genie to school tomorrow - I'm trying to finish Contra.
        up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start... the good old days (a certain demographic of gamers should know what I'm talking about)
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jan 9, 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          LOL Game Genie ... Well done sir. I remember being SOOO excited to rent that from BlockBuster.

Comment

• MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
              Lol @ Myron Gaines
              Miscer exposed.

I remember playing Contra back in the day. Duck hunt too. My favourite though was Battle city

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• And now you're all big nerds that post in the Video Game Thread... Welcome. We don't bite.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  So, I was playing 2K last night and then this happened

Just find it hilarious seeing Bruno challenging someone on twitter to score 10 points.
                  Major digital disrespect.

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Do you remember the GMs PDA from NBA Live 2005? That shit was annoying... I remember you had to wait 2-3 days before a trade could be accepted/rejected. Bullshit.
                  PDA was a large part of franchise in one of the PS3 Maddens. It worked there but the background "talk radio" bit got annoying.

For that matter I think any play by play in any sports game gets annoying fast. I think there should be two settings. Setting one is play by play "color off" and one setting "color on". I like knowing the score, the yard line I'm on, how many dimes my PG dropped or how many goals by sniper has but what I don't want to hear for the 15,000,000th time is the same repeated line of color commentary on some player. That may impress people during the demo or trailer but to the people who own it? It's taking away from the game.

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I know which one you're talking about. Its on that stairwell when you get off the bus with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start...
                  Whoa, whoa, whooooooa. Did you know this was family board? Enough of your potty mouth.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Miscer exposed.

I remember playing Contra back in the day. Duck hunt too. My favourite though was Battle city

Comment

• I was all about the Battle Toads -

And Retro X-Men Arcade -

Oh and obviously Double Dragon.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 9, 2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• To those who got dumped off at the arcade during mall visits:

Remember some of these?

I remember going to the arcade as a kid in the mid 90's and the place was absolutely booming. Line-ups for machines(fighters more than all others and you better put your quarter down on the machine to call next game against the champion or you'd keep on watching). Gaming was much more social back then and you really got to flex your abilities or inabilities in front of big groups of people at times. I didn't post any but games like Tekken 2, Marvel vs. Capcom, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. Theses were huge draws and I pumped many, many, many quarters into those machines. Oddly enough I never play fighters anymore. I think they're only fun in social settings and those sorts of settings don't really exist nowadays like they used to. Plus I'm 30, married and with a kid. Arcades are not my scene ha, ha.

Now it's more BBQ's, beers and the rare occasion of a bar visit.

Comment

• Joey missed me post. I feel special!
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Joey missed me post. I feel special!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Its okay..

I forgive ya.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Hey Apollo, go here if you want to play Bionic Commando - https://archive.org/stream/arcade_bi...eyboard=arcade

Or here to see their AMAZING archive of classic Arcade Games all available to play in your browser.

OMG they have the Golden Axe ... Snap ...

Comment

Working...
                                X