Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebron James - greatest player to never win a championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron James - greatest player to never win a championship?

Ive been watching ESPN clips of first takes, and some of these have been really entertaining. Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are the funniest, most ridiculous dudes ever.

Smith has been going on and on about how LBJ is the most talented and greatest player of the present, but has taken a step back and pointed out that LBJ is already entering his 9th year in the NBA and he still has no rings.

If the union does agree to the hard cap (and i think they eventually will), will LBJ end up as the greatest player ever to retire without a ring?

Your thoughts.

wait... did they say greatest player EVER not to win a ring? or greatest current player not to win a ring?

EVER... no effin way.

current. that's a firm maybe.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      wait... did they say greatest player EVER not to win a ring? or greatest current player not to win a ring?

EVER... no effin way.

current. that's a firm maybe.
      i think they were saying the greatest among those who dont have a ring.
      not greatest player period. greatest player ever is oscar robertson.
      or robert jaworski.

Comment

sorry, i meant were they saying the greatest ever not to win a ring... or the greatest current player not to win a ring

EVER is a bold statement. Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, Iverson, Gervin, Pistol Pete.... thats some lofty competition.

CURRENT... i still dont even want to give it to him. Statistically, is he the greatest? sure.. I'll give him the modern Wilt Chamberlain award for collecting stats. But i have a hard time putting him ahead of Steve Nash or CP3... hell, i'd even put KD ahead of him.

Comment

EVER is a bold statement. Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, Iverson, Gervin, Pistol Pete.... thats some lofty competition.

CURRENT... i still dont even want to give it to him. Statistically, is he the greatest? sure.. I'll give him the modern Wilt Chamberlain award for collecting stats. But i have a hard time putting him ahead of Steve Nash or CP3... hell, i'd even put KD ahead of him.

Indeed sir. Good list. I'm on board with that.

PS. And I voted again!! I hate Ex-GFs!! Hahah

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Indeed sir. Good list. I'm on board with that.

PS. And I voted again!! I hate Ex-GFs!! Hahah
            Gold star for you! I'm now 100 or so spots ahead of her

im actually cool with her still... we went to get our dogs photographed together.... but god dammit, i'm not losing to her

Comment

Yay another Trigun fan! Upvoted.

Though I would suggest that you change the caption to "My dog should appear in a Fido ad because it will help him get b***es", lol

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                Yay another Trigun fan! Upvoted.

Though I would suggest that you change the caption to "My dog should appear in a Fido ad because it will help him get b***es", lol
                lol... yessir.. Trigun is one of my top 2-3 favourite shows. So much so, i've already decided that if i ever get another dog his name will be Knives Millions if he's blonde, or Nicholas D Wolfwood if he's black haired

Comment

sorry, i meant were they saying the greatest ever not to win a ring... or the greatest current player not to win a ring

I hate Lebron with a passion but gotta give credit where its due. IMO, Lebron is the most statistics-wise gifted player and therefore greatest player of the present, and yes, i will put lebron ahead of the guys you mentioned, based on overall game. If he was able to perform in the clutch and win as many or even close to as many rings as MJ, i would put him a shade below MJ. If Lebron wins at least 4 championships, i would put him 3rd behind Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan. IMO, the only real edge MJ has over LBJ is the DOY and his rings.

For me, Oscar Robertson is the greatest player of all time.
                  Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Oct 20, 2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

statistics-wise, he definitely is the creme of the crop.

i personally dont give two rat's asses about stats.

i usually love players who fit into the equation of "if i was a lower to mid tier player in the NBA, who would i most want to play with?"

lebron isnt even close to that. but getting a pay cheque to be a spectator (both of lebron's one man show and a front row seat to another team winning a championship) would be nice.

Comment

guys who got kicked out for drugs and such like shawn kemp, michael ray richardson,etc.

guys who died like drazen petrovic.

to me it's longevity without a championship which actively puts guys like nash,camby,carter,mcgrady,iverson,stoudemire ahead of him.

to add to your ever list nique,miller,webber, elgin baylor played in eight finals and lost all, here's one you should have named here's some hints scored more points than anybody else in the 80's, raptors assistant coach, how bout former raptor coach lenny wilkens.

i should stop taking credit for this list: http://www.bvonsports.com/2008/06/18...ionship-rings/
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        i should stop taking credit for this list: http://www.bvonsports.com/2008/06/18...ionship-rings/
                        i cant lie... i tried to find a similar list myself, and i totally would have took credit without sourcing back to it... but every site google was giving me was blocked by my work. even that list is blocked.

#nazifirewalls

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          guys who got kicked out for drugs and such like shawn kemp, michael ray richardson,etc.

guys who died like drazen petrovic.

to me it's longevity without a championship which actively puts guys like nash,camby,carter,mcgrady,iverson,stoudemire ahead of him.

to add to your ever list nique,miller,webber, elgin baylor played in eight finals and lost all, here's one you should have named here's some hints scored more points than anybody else in the 80's, raptors assistant coach, how bout former raptor coach lenny wilkens.

Kemp didn't get kicked out because of drugs.
                          He got kicked out because he became fat and lazy.

Comment

Working...
                          X