X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you dont really follow Hockey.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
      I'd ask you to stash the 'racist' BS bud. I have been playing Hockey for 35 years. I know what I'm talking about. Wanna know why Toronto lost against Boston...Kadri got destroyed by real centers that make half of what he's asking. Earn a contract, don't demand one.

You think he deserves the same cash as Patrice bergeron? Come on...sat it...I dare you.

Ya right..... "haters". The minute people say a bad word about an athlete or celeb they are "haters" to the athletes fanclub. Nazem Kadri has earned the criticism he gets, trust me. He's capable of better, more on the ice, and less out of his mouth and he might have promise.
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/471eTbjm31A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by LBF; Sun Sep 1, 2013, 11:54 PM.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'd ask you to stash the 'racist' BS bud.
        why, im not saying you act/think that way in particular but people do it.. whats your point?
        I have been playing Hockey for 35 years
        good
        I know what I'm talking about.
        hold on a second
        Wanna know why Toronto lost against Boston...Kadri got destroyed by real centers that make half of what he's asking. Earn a contract, don't demand one.You think he deserves the same cash as Patrice bergeron? Come on...sat it...I dare you
        we didn't lose because of kadri, gotta be kidding me. if there was one person i'd blame it would be Dion.you know its true. period.
        he dot deestroyed by real centres.. what the fuck it was his first playoff series in the NHl. first two games i admit he was a bit shook. but game seven everyones blaming kadri, the kid was +2 one goal one assist three hits with 13:57 mins of play time. he played well no reason to put the blame on naz's shoulders.

Ya right..... "haters". The minute people say a bad word about an athlete or celeb they are "haters" to the athletes fanclub. Nazem Kadri has earned the criticism he gets, trust me. He's capable of better, more on the ice, and less out of his mouth and he might have promise.

how the hell do you earn criticism if you never played a full season with a team until last year, and we all know what happened don't need to repeat my self. more on the ice what can this kid do more on te ice he gave you all that he got and what he has is tremendous talent and skill his play making his iq everythnig is just so damn amazing. and theres no shit coming out of his mouth ive never heard it. as for the stuff thats coming outta your mouth...
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
          how the hell do you earn criticism if you never played a full season with a team until last year
          thank you!
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

great naz and cody ffranson are so damn close to missing training camp UGHHH!
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

fuck the leafs
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Go Leafs Go

Comment

Kadri's back:

#NHL breaking news. Kadri will b ready for #Leafs camp. Expect news Kadri and #Leafs have reached agreement on 2 yrs just shy of 6M.
                  via Nick Kypreos on Twitter
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

hahaha. That kid is an something else. He has not had ONE camp where he didn't make himself the center of attention yet. Heaven help them if actually does get it figured out, he's gonna be a major headache.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      hahaha. That kid is an something else. He has not had ONE camp where he didn't make himself the center of attention yet. Heaven help them if actually does get it figured out, he's gonna be a major headache.
                      Do I smell a hint of jealousy?

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Kadri's back:

via Nick Kypreos on Twitter
                        hes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

no mamba, no jealousy. To be completely honest, and I rarely choose to get into this, its just very simple: I understand what it takes to be a complete and successful athlete and how to realize your full potential.

I look at two players like Kadri both in size and in skills, Steven Stamkos, Sidney Crosby. Both of these players, super high end picks, like Kadri, came into the NHL knowing they had a chance to succeed at the highest level of performance. The difference between the two of these guys, and Nazem Kadri, is that they also knew that they didn't deserve shit, they knew they had to earn it. The path these two guys took to where they are now is very well documented. They never bragged, they said the right things, they worked...HARD always and didn't take a day off. While Nazem ate Cheetos (self admitted) those guys put in literally 8 hours a day off ice training to build themselves up. Naz flirted for a few days at Gary Roberts camp and told the media he was there all summer. Stamkos lived in that very same gym.

Sid was a rookie who was already better than most the league, but he spoke like rookie, he respected the game and the other players on his team. Stamkos was very similar. Kadri simply did not. To him it was his RIGHT to be there, he was a star in Jr., he is a star in the NHL. His first two camps he was out of shape, HOW, how do you come to training camp out of shape, there is no tangible excuse for this, none, no explanation other than you are being a cocky, entitled little prick.

Nazem Kadri was not respected by his peers (trust, I have seriously good sources on this one) they thought he was a hotshot. He came to camp calling the GM "Burkie" and the coach "Wilsie" in interviews...big No no. He openly spoke about his hopes to be the number one guy...again, you just don't fucking say it. EVER. He systematically at all ends separated the individual from the team, and you can't dp that in Hockey.

Kadri teased last year with what he might one day provide in spades. There is no arguing what type pf talent he has. However, even still his off season interviews have been terrible, rather than focus upon what he needed to do to improve, he focused upon his assertion that he had "been through so much" and "they know what I bring". Thats not the mentality of a winner. Its loser talk, its an inability to recognize your own weakness, and its not accepting your own role or responsibility for your failures. And this is why he was sent down the first few years, and this is why he was hardballed this year. He absolutely needs to learn how to be a man in the NHL.

In the end, I think its a bit inaccurate to think that guys like me don't like Kadri, or that we want him to fail. Hell no, EXACT opposite. I love Kadri's swagger, but he has to learn when to swag. I love his skill, you can't teach what he has, but if he can't learn to work out in the offseason to truly become an elite player, he will never attain what his true potential is. It may be that he is ok with that, and if so fine, but if he chooses the path of mediocrity, he must also choose that role and behave accordingly, not like a superstar.

Kadri is only 22...22!!!!!!!!! He can get this right, ans I truly hope he does man, I am in his corner if he's gonna turn that corner. But until that happens, don't for one minute think he will escape criticism. He's earned all the shit that has fallen his way. His job, his projection is that of an NHL superstar. Anything less will be because of lack of effort and his coaches and critics know it. Once he figures that out, Toronto may be in for a stroke of some seriously great luck.

Comment

^^^^ nah that was too much stop it Craig your making me think bad about naz.. nooooooooo
                            all of a sudden i seem to respect you a teensy bit more
                            good job Craig good job

Comment

Whaddaya know.. Kadri scores a goal in the very first pre-season game..
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yep...he lit it up.

Looks small, looked gassed in the second but brought it up in the third.

Time will tell with Kadri, I'll say it again, I really hope he gets his head straight, he has some serious Hockey chops.

Biggest thing for me last night.... Paul Ranger!

Wow, this dude, and Riley, are both players...Franson might be on the outside looking in soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X