The NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Actually, the logo is new. The shape, font, stem & veins are all different than the 2 Leaf's the logo is based off.
    Yes, if we're examining the logos with a high-powered microscope.

The equivalent would be the Raptors switching from a 3 pointed claw, to a 4-pointed claw. What a transformation!

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
        not with that other goalie repping against The Rangers, Leafs Lose....

think his name is bernier or something, they guy that the Organization would give every chance to be the lead goalie even though he has half the talent of James Reimer. bernier is GARBAGE!!!

Bernier’s blunder helps sink Leafs in Big Apple: DiManno
        http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...e-dimanno.html

That's the problem with leafs media, they heep too much pressure on the leafs Reppers like James you put these guys lifes under a micro scope and blah blah blah blah on there who lifes like your talking about your favorite hobby.

There is too much pressure on Leafs Reppers(players not) and when they make mistakes, they get scared silly and they are attacked by the media for times pon times...THATS WHY TORONTO LEAFS CAN'T SIGN BIG STARS...CAUSE YOU TREAT THEM LIKE GARBAGE!!! THE STARS SEE THE OBSESSED PRESSURE YOU PUT ON THEM AND HOW you talk about every minute action they do.

Here is an Example

Babbler Announcer: Rumor is Mats Sundin had Corn Flakes for breakfast, How will that affect his game 2 days from now, Annoying analyzer|?

Annoying Analyzer: Well we know how he did after having that Grapefruit for a snack before his morning skate 3 weeks ago, lets break down the breakfast routine Babbler reporter..When Mats Sundin eats A Fruit or Vegetable for breakfast the leafs are 24wins to 8 losses, when He eats Grainy foods the leafs are 20wins and 17 losses, So it may be that he won't perform as good at the next game .

Babbler Announcer: What is he thinking???

YOU STUPID LEAFS MEDIA IS OBSSESSED WITH THESE GUYS THAT YOU PISS THEM OFF..

Let them Breathe!!! There is other sports inside Toronto,

Why is there hockey night analyst at the MIDDLE OF SUMMER???

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HOCKEY PROGRAMS???

That's why Leafs can't sign stars!!! And that when guys do sign here they severely under perform..Like Phil Kessel, was pissed all the time He was here!!!

Very Few guys Can thrive inside the obsession and BUILD...THATS MATS SUNDIN and JAMES REIMER!!! You have extreme talent with those 2, PUT REPPERS AROUND THEM<, You never did for Mats Sundin, You have another Chance with James Reimer Toronto Maple Leafs,

Think of James Reimer aka The Dreamer as a Young Ed BELFOUR!!! aka The Eagle!!!

THINK LEAFS!!! Stop Stressing out Your Reppers, Let them Relax, cut back the analyst of the Leafs and Let them be comfortable!!!
        Wow. Leafs have The Best Young Squad of All The Young Viking Crews of the NHL,
        Wheres tha Black Brothas??

Comment

• San Jose had only 1 shot in the 3rd w/ minute left in the finals game. wow. Props to Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Props to Sid.... long road back from a pretty horrible concussion situation.

That guy is the best player I have seen...all round at least. Im happy for him.

Comment

• Looool. USA went full Leafs tonight. They were shutout by EUROPE. Hahhaha.

Comment

• https://vine.co/v/5nzj75gIidI

Haha.

Comment

• Wow! Matt Duchene is on fire! He played only 2 minutes or so and already scored 2 goals vs USA

Comment

• Wow. Auston Matthews. 4 goals on 6 shots. What a debut

Comment

• Oh man!!! Canucks' Philip Larsen just got knocked the fuck out after clean hit. OUT FOR REAL. Looks like he was moving his hands, so that's a good sign. BOL to him. Scary stuff.

Comment

• jaromir jagr just scored his 1887 point in the nhl ... and he did it at 44 years of age....

To put this in perspective the sporting world still reveres jack nicklaus's masters win when he was 46 years old... but jack did this while walking leisurely on a golf course, not with someone coming at him at 30 miles an hour with the intent to separate him from his golf clubs.

Congratulations to JJ now in his 27th season and still playing well against competitors less than half his age.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Yo Minnesota slow the fuck down. Jeez. They're flying.

Comment

• Heck, yes, Leafs.

Pretty amazing that the youngsters managed this much success so quickly.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In casual conversation, I referred to the Leafs as a "sub .500 team", and people were looking at me like I was drunk, lol.

It appears that a certain faction within Leaf Nation fails to count overtime losses as real losses.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                In casual conversation, I referred to the Leafs as a "sub .500 team", and people were looking at me like I was drunk, lol.

It appears that a certain faction within Leaf Nation fails to count overtime losses as real losses.
                                I think part of that perception has to do with the shootout (which is basically a coin toss, and which the Leafs lost over and over and over again). The loser point has changed the barometer for NHL teams from win rate to points totals, so no one really pays attention to above or below .500, so I'm not surprised people would be taken aback (though obviously it is true).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X