The NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NHL Thread

What!?! No hockey thread? Well, we'll just have to do something about that.

Can't believe CuJo's retired. He was like my favourite Leaf a few years back. But, hey, when you're 42, guess its time to call it quits.
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Anyone remember this guy? The goalie from the World Juniors a couple years ago. Good to him finally get his shot in the Big leagues.

http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap..._from_norfolk/

Comment

LMAO ... Leafs just acquired one of the league's most overrated players in Phaneuf.

Link: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308469

Comment

So Darren Dreger just reported the deal goes like this, Phaneuf, Sjostrom and Auley to Toronto for Hagman, Stajan, Mayers and Ian White. Hmmm .... if I'm a Flames fan I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Comment

Leafs also get Giguere. Not a bad pickup.

Kinda sad seeing Stajan and White leaving TO, but Dions a nice pickup too. So now I guess that means Kabs is on his way out? Hes the odd man out now that the Leafs have Komiserak, Schenn, and Dion manning the blue line.

Comment

Hey Doc, the Sens are on fiyah. What is it 8 game winning streak now?
            Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
              Hey Doc, the Sens are on fiyah. What is it 8 game winning streak now?
              9, but who's counting?

Anyhow, I won't get too ahead of myself but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised on how well this team has performed this season when most wrote us off this past summer. I hope we carry the momentum into this week because we have 2 tough games against the Sabres and the Canucks.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                9, but who's counting?

Anyhow, I won't get too ahead of myself but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised on how well this team has performed this season when most wrote us off this past summer. I hope we carry the momentum into this week because we have 2 tough games against the Sabres and the Canucks.
                Come on Doc, you know the Sens ain't shit and if they were to face the Rangers in teh first round, they'd get blasted

Anyways, chiming in on the Leafs deal - good deal on their part. Phaneuf is only 24, he's a 2-time all star, a Norris trophy nominee. People used to talk shit about Chris Pronger too. All they had to give up was a UFA in Stajan who wasn't even in their plans beyond this season, Mayers, who's a 2-bit scrub and a UFA at the end of the year, White, who was probably their second best D-man 2 years running, but a RFA at the end of the year and would get a raise from his 900K a year, and Hagman, who will probably along with White would be the only guys Toronto missed. Hagman is very good defensively and offensively. He makes good coin for his production, but he's uber streaky. So really, the trade works out to be White and Hagman for Phaneuf and Aulie - AUlie in his own right, should he develop, is a top-4 defenseman.

Now let's talk about how Glen Sather duped Darryl Sutter into taking Kotalik for Jokinen.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Come on Doc, you know the Sens ain't shit and if they were to face the Rangers in teh first round, they'd get blasted
                  I don't know Hoops .... it would be tough call now. Earlier in the season if you asked me that, I'd agree with you, but right now the Sens are playing on a different level and with a different kind of swagger. It would be close, but adding Jokinen was a steal of a deal by Sather. Not sure what Sutter is thinking right now other than living in the moment.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    I don't know Hoops .... it would be tough call now. Earlier in the season if you asked me that, I'd agree with you, but right now the Sens are playing on a different level and with a different kind of swagger. It would be close, but adding Jokinen was a steal of a deal by Sather. Not sure what Sutter is thinking right now other than living in the moment.
                    Are they really gonna ride Elliot or Leclaire into the playoffs? They should be looking to acquire a vet, even if it's to be a backup. A name that comes to mind is Dwayne Rolloson from the Ice-landers.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      Are they really gonna ride Elliot or Leclaire into the playoffs? They should be looking to acquire a vet, even if it's to be a backup. A name that comes to mind is Dwayne Rolloson from the Ice-landers.
                      Right now the starting spot is Elliot's to lose. Star of the week 2 weeks ago and 2nd Star of the week last week. LeClaire been a huge disappointment this season and has lived up to his "fragile" reputation. Elliot's been phenomenal, but their defence have finally woken up this last month which has made his job easier too. They won't pick up a veteran goalie unless there are able to move Pascal which I highly doubt because there aren't many teams out there that would be interested in LeClaire based on his track record over these last couple years.

What I do see Murray doing is adding another top 6 forward and possibly a rugged defenseman for the playoff run. My expectations aren't anything beyond the first round, but I will say that the Sens will not be an easy team to beat come playoff time.

Comment

wow, this hasn't been updated in a while, who thinks montreal tsands a chance tonight?

i'm not sure i like there chances.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          wow, this hasn't been updated in a while, who thinks montreal tsands a chance tonight?

i'm not sure i like there chances.
                          I can't believe I'm saying this, but "Go Habs Go". I would love to see them knock out the Capitals, but something tells me Ovechkin and Backstrom might have something to say about that tonight.

Comment

WOW .... kudos to the Habs for taking down Goliath last night.

I expect quite a few changes in Washington this summer. Right now they have to find a way to get themselves tier one goaltender. Perhaps the Habs and Caps might talk some deals this summer seeing how Montreal will like go with Halak as their number one from now on and not Price.

Comment

I truly dipise the Caps and Ovechkin, so I was estatic that Montreal won last night. Fantastic game too. It was better than the Bucks-Hawks.

I picked Vancouver and Pitt from the outset. Let's see if that comes to fruition.

Comment

Working...
                              X