• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he can be the old iverson then i would welcom him
    ya dun noe

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
      I don't know what country your from, but everyone gets a swell of pride from their fellow countrymen, and everything is biased...so it doesn't really matter.
      There's nothing wrong with national pride. But when the all-star game does NOT consist of the best players in the league, as a fan of this sport, I find it cringe-worthy. When Yao plays in the NBA, he represents Houston, not China.

When Yao's suiting up for Team China, cheer and wave your flag as hard as you want. It's great what Yao has done for basketball from a global perspective.

But when he's missing an entire season due to injury, there is no way he deserves even a single all-star vote.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        Let the veterans come then! No pun intended.
        Ya, throwing a bunch of veterans on the team will make them more competitive. But it won't make them a contender (unless those veterans include Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard) so no thanks.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't know what country your from, but everyone gets a swell of pride from their fellow countrymen, and everything is biased...so it doesn't really matter.
          I'm happy that Nash is a perennial All-Star, but he's there because he deserves it. I'd rather see the 24 best players in the NBA at the All-Star game than one Canadian who doesn't really deserve it. Yao made the All-Star team (most years) because he deserved it. Yi has never deserved even consideration for it, yet almost got voted in.

When I vote, I vote for the ten players I think have played the best at their position. Sometimes that has included Nash. Other times it hasn't. And he's the only Canadian I've ever voted for.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

i secretly vote for ONLY non-black players... hoping that EVERYBODY secretly did the same... so everyone in the league has a "what the hell happened there!?" feeling at the same time

Comment

if we didn't have barbosa i'd consider it, although at this point I doubt he has anything left in the tank to be worthwhile. Kinda like jordan with the wizards.

With Barbosa on the roster it makes zero sense.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i secretly vote for ONLY non-black players... hoping that EVERYBODY secretly did the same... so everyone in the league has a "what the hell happened there!?" feeling at the same time
                If you tell us it isn't a secret.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  If you tell us it isn't a secret.
                  AH MAN!! Jinxed my own secret plot for the all whitey all-star game!! dammit

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    There's nothing wrong with national pride. But when the all-star game does NOT consist of the best players in the league, as a fan of this sport, I find it cringe-worthy. When Yao plays in the NBA, he represents Houston, not China.

When Yao's suiting up for Team China, cheer and wave your flag as hard as you want. It's great what Yao has done for basketball from a global perspective.

But when he's missing an entire season due to injury, there is no way he deserves even a single all-star vote.
                    While speaking of players getting voted into the all-star game who didn't deserve it, I always hated last 6 or so times when Shaq, the loud-mouth as**ole always-injured-should-have-retired-already dic*head, got voted in.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Ya, throwing a bunch of veterans on the team will make them more competitive. But it won't make them a contender (unless those veterans include Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard) so no thanks.
                      The more crack whores the better!

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                        While speaking of players getting voted into the all-star game who didn't deserve it, I always hated last 6 or so times when Shaq, the loud-mouth as**ole always-injured-should-have-retired-already dic*head, got voted in.
                        It's what makes fan voting a complete joke.

Comment

I get what you guys are saying about the All-Star game, but a majority of the people in the world don't have the views you do, national pride cannot wear off, no matter how good your argument is, and besides not everybody in China voted for Yao Ming, I can personally vouch that my secondary school classmates all voted for Kobe Bryant.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                            if he can be the old iverson then i would welcom him
                            I'd welcome the old Jordan, too. The chances of either of those happening are pretty much nil. Besides, while Iverson certainly played with a lot of heart, I was never a big fan. Bill Simmons talks about the dichotomy of Iverson in his book. I just don't think his talents outweighed all the negatives he brought.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I get what you guys are saying about the All-Star game, but a majority of the people in the world don't have the views you do, national pride cannot wear off, no matter how good your argument is, and besides not everybody in China voted for Yao Ming, I can personally vouch that my secondary school classmates all voted for Kobe Bryant.
                              It's not a question of shedding your national pride. It's a question of thinking rationally. If you can't think rationally while voting, then don't vote. As has been mentioned, it's enough of a joke anyway.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                It's not a question of shedding your national pride. It's a question of thinking rationally. If you can't think rationally while voting, then don't vote. As has been mentioned, it's enough of a joke anyway.
                                Since when has anyone thought rationally, and if its a joke to you, other people will treat it as a joke, but they still vote for the player they like, scrub or no scrub.

Comment

Working...
                                X