No announcement yet.

Hey Hedo ... Strike a Pose ... Or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid biatch taking photos at the club. Too bad the "security guy" didn't step on the phone.

Comment

"you dont know what this girl is capable of though. she could be a cpu wiz and photoshop some girl into the picture with hedo and get him in some trouble on the home front. its a battle field out there with all the camera phones. your risking it all when you go out in public nowadays."

I think we have found Hedo's bodyguard... or his PR person in Raffy.

Raffy, fess up.

You can take a picture of anyone you want in public.

No permissions required.

You are not allowed to grab someone elses property, your mancrush on Hedo and paranoia notwithstanding.

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post
        "you dont know what this girl is capable of though. she could be a cpu wiz and photoshop some girl into the picture with hedo and get him in some trouble on the home front. its a battle field out there with all the camera phones. your risking it all when you go out in public nowadays."

Raffy, fess up.

No permissions required.

You are not allowed to grab someone elses property, your mancrush on Hedo and paranoia notwithstanding.
        just a guy who can't stand photo happy girls. snapping 30 photos a minute. ughh, sick of it. that doesnt make it right to just snap photos without asking. you arent allowed to grab someones elses property? ive done it plenty of times. im not paranoid, what with all the money these paparazzi get paid to follow puplic figures around and stalk them everyday. it is a battlefield and these camera phones are bonafide weapons.

weapons that can ruin a mans life. what if turk was with another girl and this camera girl snapped a pic of it?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Who'd have thunk...the sleepy Turk being a beligerent ahole.
          Well the evidance was mounting and this incidence just confirms it.

- Had a deal and a handshake with Portland but then decided to bolt to Toronto for another 3 million dollars.

- Decided to play for his native country Turkey in the summer instead of taking the summer off after signing a big contract, even though his country was already in the tournement in 2010 and he isn't exactly a young buck (reminded me of Garbo incident).

- took off training camp and exhibition games due to "fatigue" (see above) thus meshing with his new team mates could have gone smoother and earlier.

- blames his recent slump on his team mates/coach for not giving him the ball more while doing nothing when he doesn't have the ball.

- steals and takes a cellphone from a girl to delete his photo, even though when he plays at the ACC you got thousands of fans taking his photo so why make a big deal out of it??!! for a rich and famous NBA basketball player it should come with the territory. If he doesn't want his picture taken then he shouldn't get out of his house between games.
          Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Jan 15, 2010, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Well the evidance was mounting and this incidence just confirms it.

- Had a deal and a handshake with Portland but then decided to bolt to Toronto for another 3 million dollars.

- Decided to play for his native country Turkey in the summer instead of taking the summer off after signing a big contract, even though his country was already in the tournement in 2010 and he isn't exactly a young buck (reminded me of Garbo).

- took off training camp and exhibition games due to "fatigue" (see above) thus meshing with his new team mates could have gone smoother and earlier.

- blames his recent slump on his team mates for not giving him the ball more while doing nothing when he doesn't have the ball.

- steals and takes a cellphone from a girl to delete his photo, even though when he plays at the ACC you got thousands of fans taking his photo so why make a big deal out of it??!! for a rich and famous NBA basketball player it should come with the territory. If he doesn't want his picture taken then he shouldn't get out of his house between games.
            A man is not allowed to change his mind? Lol, his wife preferred Toronto. What, is he supposed to sacrifice his marriage for basketball?

He was courageous playing for Turkey after a grueling run to the finals. Its amazing he is still here to tell the tale.

He was fatigued. Totally legit. Maybe his teammats could have spent more time with him off the court to get him integrated.

A player is not allowed to go through a slump?

Fans are taking photos when he is on the court. totally different sitch off the court.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
              weapons that can ruin a mans life. what if turk was with another girl and this camera girl snapped a pic of it?
              A camera is not a weapon that can ruin a man's life, its a man's actions that can ruin his own life.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                A camera is not a weapon that can ruin a man's life, its a man's actions that can ruin his own life.
                i beg to differ. a nosy person with an electronic weapon can do alot of damage.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
                  i beg to differ. a nosy person with an electronic weapon can do alot of damage.
                  Care to explain?!

Comment

i think hedo not that bad... maybe he just want a private life... away from th press and away from media...

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post

Raffy, fess up.

No permissions required.

i'm no lawyer but i'm pretty sure there's some privacy laws that would require you to ask permission if you want to take a photo of someone.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                        i'm no lawyer but i'm pretty sure there's some privacy laws that would require you to ask permission if you want to take a photo of someone.
                        I don't think the privacy laws pertain to the photo being taken itself, but more from publishing it somewhere. I think that's what you might have heard or what your referring too.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          As far as i know, if your in a public setting (eg a park) then you don't need someone's permission to take their photo. But if your in a private establishment (eg a club) then you do need their permission to take their photo.

Comment

So, looking at this from both sides (Turk's and the girl that took the picture) both could have handled things better, but really, Turk and his security were definitely in the wrong.

Ya, Hedo has the right to go out and just relax at a club and may have had "a bad day at the office" first, but that doesn't give him or his security the right to grap someone's phone (or camera) and just delete pictures off it. Total dick move IMO.

The girl that took the pictures may not have known who the guy was that was in the background of the pictures she took (other than Chris Bosh, many non-basketball fans would have a very hard time recognizing another Raptor or even know the name of another Raptor), but if she was really taking pictures of "the really tall guy" she should have asked him first.

As for privacy laws, anyone can take a picture of anyone or anything while in a public place. A club is considered a private establishment and unless there is a sign posted about not allowing photos, anyone can snap a pic of anyone they want. The club, their security or the person being photographed doesn't have the right to delete the pictures unless they have a rule posted. Obviously if someone didn't want to have their photo taken, the proper thing to do is to ask the photographer to delete the picture, not just grab someone else's property and start deleting pictures.

The big problem that I find is that people with their own security, security at a club or other private venue and even some police officers take their level of authority too seriously. I worked at many venues as security and even did a private event for Bosh and found that way too many people doing that job feel that they can do anything to anyone for any reason they come up with. The only time you can put a hand on someone is if you or someone else is being threatened, the person is a danger to themselves or others or to protect you or someone else. That also means that you can't just grab someone's phone or camera without their permission. It was clearly Hedo telling his security to delete the pictures from the phone, and the guy just grabbing the phone and deleting them without even asking for them to be removed. Of course the story differs between each person telling it.

Hedo is an athlete that makes millions of dollars a year. Does he actually expect to be able to go out to a very public location and not have his picture taken? I'm sorry chief but when you are in the public eye, and getting paid to entertain the public (yes, an athlete is still an entertainer) you give up the right to having a "normal" life. If you want to have good PR, you smile for the camera, sign the autographs and shake everyone's hand that wants to say hi to you. Simple as that. Without the fans, you would not be able to live the life you do as a professional athlete because there would be no league or million dollar contracts. Have some class and treat your fans (or even people in the public that don't know you) with some respect.

Comment

EarthJuice,

You do know that a club is not considered a "public" place... if it was on the street that's a different story.

Comment

Working...
                              X