T.J. Ford heading to Croatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.J. Ford heading to Croatia

Indiana Pacers free-agent guard T.J. Ford is headed to Croatia to join KK Zagreb while the NBA lockout drags on.

After playing in a charity game Sunday night in his native Houston organized by John Lucas and son John Lucas III from the Chicago Bulls, Ford told ESPN.com that he's headed to Croatia to join a team that also employs former Charlotte Bobcats lottery pick Sean May.

The deal includes an out to return to the NBA if the lockout ends.

Ford, 28, likewise will be looking for a new NBA team when a new labor deal is finally hammered out after a frustrating end to his three seasons with the Pacers.
    Source: ESPN.com

Can you believe it's been three years? Wow, time flies.

Maybe T.J. will be the next Bo McCalebb.

Comment

Between Jamaal Tinsley and TJ Ford, Indiana has a way of RUINING peoples careers ...

I really hope TJ gets his.
      Dude was border-line All-Star the way he was playing for stretches, that first season we had him.

To this day, I've never looked at Horford the same way.
      I was very upset with him for a long time.
      Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 21, 2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Between Jamaal Tinsley and TJ Ford, Indiana has a way of RUINING peoples careers ...

I really hope TJ gets his.
        Dude was border-line All-Star the way he was playing for stretches, that first season we had him.

To this day, I've never looked at Horford the same way.
        I was very upset with him for a long time.
        I'm not sure that is a fair statement to Indiana.

Ford's injury is a tragedy and no one is really to blame - except Horford.

Tinsley put himself in the situation of 2 shootings in a very short time frame with an Indiana club that was seeking to rid itself of all malcontents and shady off-court episodes. The Pacers couldn't even give him away and ended up paying him not to play. When no team wants you with his talent, that speaks volumes.

Comment

Agreed. Tinsley is a dumbass and his woes are 100% self inflicted.

TJ has some serious bad luck. He was never the same after the Al Horford play. When he landed in Indiana I think they thought they were getting a different player.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Agreed. Tinsley is a dumbass and his woes are 100% self inflicted.

TJ has some serious bad luck. He was never the same after the Al Horford play. When he landed in Indiana I think they thought they were getting a different player.
            That makes Toronto and Indiana even then. I think the Raptors thought they were getting a different player as well.

Actually, Indiana is still ahead due to a young man by the name of Hibbert, Roy Hibbert.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              That makes Toronto and Indiana even then. I think the Raptors thought they were getting a different player as well.

Actually, Indiana is still ahead due to a young man by the name of Hibbert, Roy Hibbert.
              Hahah Touche sir.

Although ... for JO we got Marion .. whom we essentially got Hedo Turkoglu for.
              So I think that puts us even further under their boot as the victim. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Hahah Touche sir.

Although ... for JO we got Marion .. whom we essentially got Hedo Turkoglu for.
                So I think that puts us even further under their boot as the victim. haha
                Who became Barbosa.

This is more fun than the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Who became Barbosa.

This is more fun than the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.
                  Hmm indeed ... so, thats begs the questions, would you trade Barbosa for TJ?
                  Probably not, I guess.

Soo we won that one! Take that Indiana!

ADD And my comment about Indiana ruining careers was more in jest, than anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X