Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do The Raptors Need A Big Off The Bench Who Can Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do The Raptors Need A Big Off The Bench Who Can Score?

It seems to me that the Raptors offense is designed primarily to get open looks and good shot opportunities for Bosh and Bargnani.

When one of them goes to the bench the Raptors offense is required to shift gears and rely more on the wings including Hedo. This has not worked on a consistent basis.

If the Raptors are going to make a second tier type trade before the trade deadline should the Raptors

A. Try and obtain a big who can come off the bench and score.
    B. Try and obtain a wing player who can come off the bench and score consistently.
    C. Try and trade for more defense to come off the bench. Could Evans be the answer?
    D. Do nothing
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

A good big who can score is a premium commodity as evidenced by our bench warmers Rasho and POB. A scoring wing is more available and if our bkup big can hold the fort and be a defensive presence this would be fine. I wish Evans would just showup soon and prove the point. About 6 mill. is tied up with him and it hurts the development of the team because he cant play. My guess is BC will dangle Calderon for a scoring threat/shot creating SG/SF as a final piece for this year and hope Evans makes it back.

Comment

Defense is more of a need than offense. That's where the focus should be.

Use valuable assets on small flaws while ignoring serious flaws is a recipe for disaster.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

The Raps need a defensive frontcourt player off the bench.

As long as we lack an defensively above-average frontcourt player in our starting 5, then defense will remain the priority.

We are still a below-average defensive team.

Below-average defensive teams do not thrive in the playoffs.

I would love a shotblocking Centre or defensive stopper at the SF position.

I don't care if they can score or not.

Scoring is not our problem.

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post

Scoring is not our problem.
          I disagree somewhat, the second unit tends to dry up sometimes going for stretches without scoring because they do not have an inside presence.

Someone like Sam Delmebert would help out big time.

The secret is to know how and when to use your bigs because when JO was here it was a major fail.

I am still waiting for Reggie Evans to comeback from his injury and see whether or not he can do something.

Comment

Reggie may be the answer, but will we ever find out?
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Does amir not satisfy these properties? He fouls a lot, but is a really good defender.

Comment

Who did you have in mind? Dirk Nowitzki? haha
                "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Kevin Martin - 6th man of the year...

Comment

yo i believe a solid wing player with a tenacity at defense should b the mos valuable asset the raptors can get. I think a player like Raja Bell could really benefit from this or any player similar to his style. A layer that defends and shows swagga defensively, plus he isnt that bad of a shooter to get some points here and there.

Another intresting option would be gettin a solid contributer. I dont mean someone who can drop 30 a night but someone who can get you maybe 10 points off the bench on a regular basis, make a good denfensive play, and help out the young guns (DeMar and Weems) imporve their game.

I dunno just a suggestion

Comment

i think hedo will do

Comment

Working...
                      X