Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softie, I sent you a trade.

Comment

• That would be a top 10-15 sf in the league

Comment

• Thanks. I'll see what I have. Not my strong point but I'm always willing to deal.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          That would be a top 10-15 sf in the league
          Does Josh Smith qualify as top 10-15?

Comment

• He does in my books. I'd actually be interested in him for the right price.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              He does in my books. I'd actually be interested in him for the right price.
              I think I have a decent offer out to SoftEuro given his roster but we'll see what he thinks.

Comment

• It's difficult. I'm not going to trade two potential break-out candidates, on which i made my draft choices (Bynum and Holiday), for Smith, even though one underperforms and another hasn't played a game due to a supsension. I got a big hole at sf, but I'm not going to sell my house for it. They might not perform this year at all, but in that case i'm screwed anyway.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  It's difficult. I'm not going to trade two potential break-out candidates, on which i made my draft choices (Bynum and Holiday), for Smith, even though one underperforms and another hasn't played a game due to a supsension. I got a big hole at sf, but I'm not going to sell my house for it. They might not perform this year at all, but in that case i'm screwed anyway.
                  Fair enough. Send me a counter.

Comment

• Dammit. Was in Tremblant for 5 days and missed a few Substitutions. Guess I still won Week 1, but still ...

Comment

• Hey, i know i'm late for this season, but if it is possible to make reservation for next year, i'm up for it.

I was playing Virtual GM (weekly mostly) back in 2000 and before, that game was awesome for me. it was cancelled i suppose, so i was playing Yahoo Rotisserie a bit... , but it was less fun.
                      I've just tried a head to head league this year, i'm doing good and i like it. So, it there's a space, i would like to join next year.

P.S. i still think Virtual GM was the best so far... anyone remember those days and has another opinion?
                      Last edited by irgigi; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I've never heard of Virtual GM irigi. I'm sure it's close to the same though...

I've been playing Yahoo! head-to-head leagues since '05-'06 for basketball and I love it!

Comment

• So get this! I don't know if any of you guys listen to Fantasy Focus ESPN Podcast, but I've been listening to it when I can this season. I sent in an e-mail asking about Demar and they answered it on air, first one read of the night.

If you go to http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/basketball and scroll down a bit, you can listen to it right on the main page. He answers it at the 23:45 mark.

Would try and transcribe it, but am too lazy. Maybe later though.

This is the email I sent:
                          Hey Guys,

What do you think about Derozan? I know you're against taking Shooting Guards that can't shoot the 3, but I think he's clearly added the 3 pointer to his game at this point (8/12 on the season as I write this).

Is he for real at this point? Legit go-to scorer if he truly has become a threat from deep?

I've got him as my starting SG at this point, and am pretty happy with what he's given me so far. Can he improve upon what he's shown so far?

Thanks!
                          -Joey

Toronto, Canada
                          Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 6, 2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• GEEEZUS!! I can't catch a friggin break!
                            First Horford goes down yesterday, THEN I go to bed thinking I've got the night locked up, being up 6-3 ... Well Dwight goes off for 45-23, with 4 ast and 3 steals or something and 21-39 from FT ... and now its safe to say the only cats I'm leading now are FT% and Blocks. hahah GODDAM!

I might just tank the season and hope for the #1 pick ... doesn't work like that? DAMMIT!

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              GEEEZUS!! I can't catch a friggin break!
                              First Horford goes down yesterday, THEN I go to bed thinking I've got the night locked up, being up 6-3 ... Well Dwight goes off for 45-23, with 4 ast and 3 steals or something and 21-39 from FT ... and now its safe to say the only cats I'm leading now are FT% and Blocks. hahah GODDAM!
                              The funny thing about D12 going off like that is it didn't really improve his Yahoo ranking. The reason for that being his FT% sucks and he shoots so many that it drags him now. If you're punting FT% like I am and only look at the rest of his stat cats though he would probably come in at #1 in the league. Anyway, I have lots of centers and I'm willing to deal one for the right price. D12 is not available, might as well make that clear right out of the gate.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I might just tank the season and hope for the #1 pick ... doesn't work like that? DAMMIT!
                              Priceless ah ha moment LOL

Whoever set that up knew what he was doing.

Comment

• Karma is such a bitch

Last week against Skywalker was a brutal result for me. Won 3 categories with a decent margin, lost 2 categories by a decent margin, lost ALL other 4 categories all by a very small margin:

- fg%: .447% vs .445% (needed my guys to hit three more shots than they did)
                                - 3PTM: 40 vs 38
                                - Turnovers: 116 vs 117

Man that hurt. But ... to be fair, I probably deserved it. I plugged Foye in my line-up for a cameo appearence because he was playing the Raptors and they do not defend the three well. And Foye indeed did very well: he shot 5 of 8 from the field, was without a miss from the freethrow line for a total of 15 points. He had 3 threepointers, and 2 steals and even 3 blocks. That was a great fantasy line. However, in the end, none of that translated to wins in categories. All that mattered were his 4 turnovers which cost me a point. .625 1.000 3 15 3 4 2 3 4.

Serves me right for plugging in guys just because they are playing against our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X