Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking forward to coming back, not sure who my keepers will be, but should be a fun season.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      May need to find someone to run another league, eh Apollo? Haha
      That waiting list is getting long, and from what I could tell, most guys will be coming back from last year.
      We'll see how it plays out. We had a second league a couple years back. We can do it again this year if there is demand.

One idea would by to not have a league #2 and instead build a Dynasty league. That way we would have a keeper league and a dynasty league. The dynasty league could house more teams, like say a limit of 20?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        We'll see how it plays out. We had a second league a couple years back. We can do it again this year if there is demand.

One idea would by to not have a league #2 and instead build a Dynasty league. That way we would have a keeper league and a dynasty league. The dynasty league could house more teams, like say a limit of 20?
        What is a dynasty league....I may interested in that.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          What is a dynasty league....I may interested in that.
          You can take a look at the thread for the NFL Dynasty league to get an idea.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            You can take a look at the thread for the NFL Dynasty league to get an idea.
            The dynasty league is what I thought a keeper league was, I would love to be part of it. The initial draft of current players could be done early, then do the rookies before the league starts. Sign me up!
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              The dynasty league is what I thought a keeper league was, I would love to be part of it. The initial draft of current players could be done early, then do the rookies before the league starts. Sign me up!
              I like the idea a lot too. Would totally love it if you have capspace to work with and can trade for picks etc. That might be too farfetched though.

Comment

• I will put something together to have one Dynasty draft before the season starts. I think we could do it in one draft for the first year simply because it's faster and it requires more ability when tough choices pop up( impact player vs. high profile rookie).

I will announce when the leagues is set up.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I will put something together to have one Dynasty draft before the season starts. I think we could do it in one draft for the first year simply because it's faster and it requires more ability when tough choices pop up( impact player vs. high profile rookie).

I will announce when the leagues is set up.
                  Great!

Comment

Great!
                    Sooo what?! You're not in the Keeper League anymore?! Pfft, fine then!

Comment

Sooo what?! You're not in the Keeper League anymore?! Pfft, fine then!
                      Just as is possible with the NFL Dynasty league (if I'm correct?) I'm assuming/hoping to be in both leagues. No way in hell I'm not going to be in the Keeper League. I'm predicting us to face off in the finals (baring injuries and terrible drafts). You thought I was going to make it easy on you did you? Better prepare yourself and get yourself in fantasy shape!

Comment

Just as is possible with the NFL Dynasty league (if I'm correct?) I'm assuming/hoping to be in both leagues.
                        Fair enough. If thats the case (and if theres room) I might have to look into it. Although, one team is more than enough stress for my liking!

No way in hell I'm not going to be in the Keeper League. I'm predicting us to face off in the finals (baring injuries and terrible drafts). You thought I was going to make it easy on you did you? Better prepare yourself and get yourself in fantasy shape!
                        HAH!
                        I was going to say!
                        If you're giving up that line-up, then I'm sure the vultures will be happy to pick up your 'scraps'!

Ya next year should be pretty exciting. Certainly looking forward to a better showing from my boys.
                        CP3 was injured too much at the beginning of the year. Not to mention I didn't even have Horford!

And don't you worry, I'll be entering that draft looking to form the Baddest Big-3 EVER created!

That DRose for Gallinari trade is starting to look better and better!
                        Whens he even going to be back?!

Comment

And don't you worry, I'll be entering that draft looking to form the Baddest Big-3 EVER created!
                          So, we're on the roughly the same strategy; I decided shortly after the trade for Lebron that I didn't want any other keeper but him and Westbrook (unless it was someone from the top 10/15) to keep enough money at the draft to get my Big-3 (or 4).

[Smack Talk]But unlike you I like my big players to be healthy. I can't remember what injury problem Chris Paul was having recently. Was it a sprained thumb, a strained hamstring, a strained groin or was it a hip problem? I don't remember; maybe I was thinking of when he had his meniscus removed.

Now there is a solid choice for a keeper.

Luckily he takes it slow this summer; oh no, wait, he is playing at the Olympics. Wow, bummer. Better start thinking of some good lines to post here about how unlucky you are when Paul goes down next season, and you know it ain't gonna be no IF, it's a WHEN![/Smack Talk]

Comment

[Smack Talk]But unlike you I like my big players to be healthy. I can't remember what injury problem Chris Paul was having recently. Was it a sprained thumb, a strained hamstring, a strained groin or was it a hip problem? I don't remember; maybe I was thinking of when he had his meniscus removed.

Now there is a solid choice for a keeper.

Luckily he takes it slow this summer; oh no, wait, he is playing at the Olympics. Wow, bummer. Better start thinking of some good lines to post here about how unlucky you are when Paul goes down next season, and you know it ain't gonna be no IF, it's a WHEN![/Smack Talk]
                            BAHAHAHA
                            Priceless.

You're just pissed that my PG will be starting over your PG for the Olympics. Jealous much??

Might want to pick up Jose Calderon in the draft; you'll be needing someone to balace out the Assists and Turnover catergories.

Comment

BAHAHAHA
                              Priceless.

You're just pissed that my PG will be starting over your PG for the Olympics. Jealous much??
                              You know those stats on the Olympic team don't count towards our fantasy league right ... (Rest, Russell, Rest). And yes, Paul is going to start, but with him, you never know who's going to finish (you know why already, not going to rub it in, you know, that he is so injury prone; I'm even willing to bet that you don't want to bet that Paul will play all Olympic games).

Might want to pick up Jose Calderon in the draft; you'll be needing someone to balace out the Assists and Turnover catergories.
                              That kinda hurts, don't start getting mean here Joey. Because I did that last year and in the semi-finals I had him in my line-up one of the last days and he didn't play. If he had played (or if I had inserted Afflalo instead) I almost certainly would have won that match-up and moved on to the finals.

Btw; after I rebuilt my team I went from the most terrible turnover team in fantasy history (only a slight exaggeration) towards actually being one of the better turnover teams. It helped that Westbrook improved quite a lot during the year on turnovers (... looking up his stats now ..................). 4,2 pre-allstar and 3,0 post-allstar. My guys can handle that.

Oh, another btw: did you know Durant ranked 3th in turnovers last year? He lost the ball more than either LeBron or Westbrook and actually regressed during the season; he lost the ball more post-allstar than before for a whopping 3,9 times a game (I hear you thinking: "Wait a minute, isn't Westbrook supposed to be the incredible turnover man?").

So ... (...)

Comment

That kinda hurts, don't start getting mean here Joey. Because I did that last year and in the semi-finals I had him in my line-up one of the last days and he didn't play. If he had played (or if I had inserted Afflalo instead) I almost certainly would have won that match-up and moved on to the finals.
                                Hahaha Added burn! (since I didn't actually know that)

But quasi-apologies .. that would sting a little.

Oh, another btw: did you know Durant ranked 3th in turnovers last year? He lost the ball more than either LeBron or Westbrook and actually regressed during the season; he lost the ball more post-allstar than before for a whopping 3,9 times a game (I hear you thinking: "Wait a minute, isn't Westbrook supposed to be the incredible turnover man?").
                                Thats what happens when you're Franchise Sharp Shooter is forced to play Facilitator/Point Guard; because your Point Guard doesn't want too.

Comment

Working...
                                X