Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're fixed now.

Comment

• Drizz - did you get the trade proposal?

Comment

• So mad I left Speights on the Bench tonight ... Now I know when its a choice between him and Jason Thompson to ALWAYS go with Speights... 20 and 18?! God damn!

Comment

• You've heard of the Grammy's... You've heard of the Oscars... well now we have the Raptors Republic Season 2 ALL-STAR BREAK AWARDS, ... the WALKERS! (Sponsored by team Skywalker ) .... And now the awards:

The "BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" Award

The nominees are:

1.) Raptor4Ever - $1 for Al Harrington - Al's been playing well above his purchase price but has chilled off a little as of late. *He's currently ranked 123 on the season avg.

2.) Skywalker - $1 for Humphries - Hump, or the former Mr. Kardashian, has been having a great season averaging 14 ppg and 10 rpg so far!

3.) RaptorsFan4Life - $1 for Ryan Anderson - Anderson had a good year last year (i know.. i had him on my team last year), and this year he's only gotten better. *Posting a line of 16 ppg 7 rpg, and 3 3'spg, 1 spg and 1 apg, he is ranked 8th overall!!

AND THE WINNER IS…. RF4L!!!!!!

The "WONDERFUL WOW WAIVER WIRE MOVE" AWARD

The nominees are:

1.) Skywalker - Picked up an injured Manu, which still hasn't payed much dividends yet, but it's still a major pick up. Also picked up by skywalker was Pekovic, who has played his way onto the T-Wolves starting lineup and is averaging 16 ppg, 10 rpg and 1 bpg over the last 30 days!

2.) RF4L - Picked up a great rookie in Marshon Brooks who was injured for a while but is now back and picking up where he left off! In addition to Brooks, RF4L also picked up this guy named Jeremy Lin, who has put the Knicks back on the map, caused the most stir in the basketball world since 'The Decision', and has so many nicknames I'm actually starting to get LINdigestion

3.) Joey - Joey picked up ilyasova, Ariza, and Speights. Now, there's no Jeremy Lin on that list, but they have all been solid pickups.

AND THE WINNER IS…… RF4L

The "RIP IT UP ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" Award

The nominees are.. well.. the rookies …..

The rookies have all exhibited passion for the game and have all come to play but I am going to have to give this award to the guy i just barely beat this past week….. MATT52. If Z-Bo was healthy, he'd probably be in 4 or 5th place.

The "BANGED UP, BRUISED UP, BEATEN UP" Award

Let's be honest, i probably could have given this award to almost anyone but the nominees are:

1.) Joey - Joey lost Al Horford very early in the season for the entirety of the season. big loss.

2.) Melo - Eric Gordon has hardly played at all this year, Blatche has missed considerable time and Deng has missed some time as well.

3.) Mack North - Brook Lopez JUST played his first game. Mack could have used him. His team is better than the 7th place they currently occupy. On top of that Dwayne Wade has missed more than a few games. And on top of that, Odom has been injured all season. No.. wait, he is just playing atrociously this year!

4.) Skywalker - Although Manu was picked up, he's spend most of his time injured on the bench. But Skywalker has also endured 2 huge season ending injuries to Andrew Bogut and Chancey Billups!

And the winner is….. unfortunately, .. everyone lol

The "WHEEL & DEAL SMOOTH OPERATOR NEGOTIATOR" Award

The WINNER IS Soft Euro!! He freaking got LEBRON!!!

The "MY TEAM'S SO GOOD I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING" Award

THE WINNER is … DRIZZ… Dudes only made 4 moves all year!! I guess he hasn't had to change much! He's in 2nd place!

And FINALLY, to round out this years version of the WALKERS, my predictions for the final standings… in reverse order…

12. Soft Euro
          11. Joey
          10. MangoKid
          9. Matt52
          8. Raptor4Ever
          7. WJF
          6. RaptorsFan4Life
          5. Melo
          4. Mack North
          3. Apollo
          2.) Drizz…

CHAMPION: SKYWALKER*

*please note this prediction may have been slightly biased….

Hope you guys have enjoyed reading it!!

Comment

• Yes, I enjoyed reading that. That is, until you had me ending in 12th place... I guess you forgot how close i was to beating your team. I've also had the strongest schedule so far. Battle for the 7/8 place is going to be heating up in the last couple of weeks. Mangokid is the favorite for ending last, if only because he looks to have given up and doesn't set his line-up anymore.

Just some adds to what I missed in your list:

Just a couple more mentions for Bang for the buck Award nominees (Ryan Anderson wins this for RF4L):

- Rubio for $10 by Apollo
            - Harden for $8 by SKYWALKER
            - Lowry for $14 by RF4L
            - Batum for $7 by Apollo (already doing well, and probably going to have a better 2nd half of the season)
            - Bynum for $11 by Soft Euro (part of the Award winning trade)
            - Gallinari for $15 by SKYWALKER

On the waiver wire pickups awards a couple of selfpatting notes:

- Shumpert might have been a mention, if the Knicks didn't sign J.R. Smith. He almost won the steals category for me by himself a couple of times.
            - Isaiah Thomas is going to be mentioned for this in a couple of weeks (I hope)

In the banged up category:
            - Ginobili and Lopez don't count imo (maybe Ginobili for drizz, was surprised he dropped him though, considering his record) as they were picked up by their current owners when already injured
            - Horford and Gordon are easily the worst here
            (- Varejao is my team's personal little tragedy, he was doing great and I was in too close a race for the playoffs to keep him on)

An interesting category might be Least Bang for your Buck Award (not counting the injuries) or Most Dissapointing players

Nominees could be (in order of cost)
            - Carmelo Anthony for $42 by Mangokid
            - Stoudemire for $37 by Soft Euro (but traded when he was still performing a bit better)
            - Hilario for $33 by Soft Euro (would not be as bad if he could play some more games)
            - Wesley Matthews for $30 by RF4L
            - Dorrell Wright for $29 by drizz

Or the STINKING IT UP Award and I'll just do my team as the list would probably be endless
            - Devin Harris, ugh, man, really? for those 8 dollars i could have had Anderson, Harrington, Humphries and a couple of beers!
            - Stephen Jackson, thank you Scott Skiles
            - Arron Afflalo, nice new contract sir, but did you really have to perform worse in EVERY category than last year in what I was hoping would become a break-out year? (oh, wait, sorry, you do have 0,1 steal more per game, yeah...)
            - Tyrus Thomas, I guess I should have known better
            - Corey Maggette, yes, I know, it's Corey Maggette ... but Silas wanting him to be their 20+ scorer and he might be starting to do that about 20 games after I dropped him (and not just because he was injured; a shootingpercentage in the low 30's is not stacking material.
            - Elton Brand, I know you're getting old, but compared to last year: -5pts, -2rbs -6%FG% -8%FT%...

Captain Hindsight told me I should have drafted better and picked the players who were going to perform.
            Last edited by Soft Euro; Sat Feb 25, 2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Hey Soft Euro! I enjoyed reading your response post to the WALKERS! Apologies for ranking you last, but I had a system of ranking and I had to stick to it But if there was an award for most likely to succeed in the next season, You and Joey would be TIED! You both have a great core moving forward!

It's been a very fun year with everyone participating and into it! That's what makes it fun!

Comment

• I wonder what your system looks like... But if it's based on past results my team might be hard to judge considering the many moves I've made and the different categories I've switched my focus on. Well ... just maybe we are going to meet in the first round of the play-offs, I'll let some of my players aggressively foul your players (by accident of course) to really let you sweat. Maybe I won't even need to: this week e.g. our stats would give you a 5-4 win with some close categories ... and that's without any games from Kleiza, Nene, Brand and Augustin. Injuries will probably be the story of our league's play-offs as well.

I'm loving my core of Westbrook and Lebron, sets me up well for next year; Joey's is the absolute best with Durant and Paul and hopefully for him a healthy and producing Horford, but he has to deal with Paul's injury-risk.

Comment

• I love the Love you're giving me dude; I just hope my team performs here on out. I've been in all the fantasy leagues we've done here at RR and I think I've been on the podium in every one aside from the NCAA tourney one last year possibly.

Ive been super patient with my team this season considering I've kept odom up til this point and I've had Lopez on reserve since the season started ive been ok. TI paid $30 for him so I feel obligated to keep him and at this point I'm glad I did, we'll see. I'm not one for excuses but I believe had I set my lineup in week 2 Sunday I would've taken out drizz 5-4, just saying(excuse, yea i guess) Although I'm sure we've all had that happen to us. All I can hope for is to make the playoffs in this season and go from there. Our league got a whole lot stronger with all the newcomers this year and I'm just glad to be involved in a league where it seems everyone cares!

Apollo and I have had some great battles, fantasy wise, and I would love the opportunity to have another showdown come payoff time, full week this time ;-)!

A chip and a chair is all I need( as they say!), and good luck to all!

It's been a pleasure playing all of you!

Comment

• Z-Bo is coming!

Z-Bo is coming!

Be prepared!

Comment

• I'd like to point out that not only did I get Rubio at $10 but he's also a sure keeper.

Comment

• Oh you watch it Skywalker! haha Great read man. Nice break down.
                        However after this week I'm now in 7th place. My boys are finally starting to produce consistently and Durant is playing MVP basketball.
                        Not sure what I should do with Horford though. He's been eating that Bench spot ALL year.
                        His keeper rights are still worth something though I'd say.

Regardless, I look forward to your revised Predictions at the 3/4 mark. hahaha

And ya, Rubio definitely needs to be recognized as one of the great pickups this year.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          Joey's is the absolute best with Durant and Paul and hopefully for him a healthy and producing Horford, but he has to deal with Paul's injury-risk.
                          Paul has been a headscratcher this year. His injuries were tough to handle at first. I was VERY close to trading him.
                          Glad I didn't though, as he's been playing at a VERY high level lately.

Next years draft will be interesting I think. Won't have to spend $150 to get Durant/Paul.
                          Not sure if Horford is worth the $30 to keep or not. Hopefully he'll play in the playoffs and I'll get a better read on him.

And Ditto with what Mack said, it has been alot of fun so far this year!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I'd like to point out that not only did I get Rubio at $10 but he's also a sure keeper.
                            Great point Apollo! Rubio was a steal at that price!!

Comment

I wonder what your system looks like...
                              It's very simple actually... I take the production of each player averaged out over the last 10 games multiplied by what i call that players 'upside' and add that players yearly totals taking into consideration playing time and what the player is being paid and divide that by the root of Pi. haha

Comment

lol, nice. BTW You forgot other pickups that I made that were great for my team. (Hawes, when he was healthy 10/10/1.5ish, Camby who is a beastly rebounder and Gooden. I wish Hawes didn't get hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X