No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with any insight in to why Minnesota is signing JJ Barea?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Anyone with any insight in to why Minnesota is signing JJ Barea?
      Because they only have two PGs. They need four or five, so expect them to make a couple of more signings.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You can never know with Khan, but I'm guessing it's because they need someone to help mentor Rubio. I guess the Calderon to Minnesota chatter needs to be put on hold. I would also expect that Ridnour will be put on the block.

Comment

• Haha oh, Matt
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Thabeet to be cut via Amnesty Clause?

Rockets close to using amnesty clause on Thabeet . . .how stupid is that?? What did they expect from him? They knew he sucked.
            Source: Twitter @TheRocketGuy

In case you don't remember the Rockets wasted Shane Battier on this guy. I think dropping Alabi or Magloire and claiming Thabeet could be a keen move. I mean, sure, he's probably not going to stick with the team but neither are the other two and the guy is 7'3". I actually think the other two might be better than him but damn, you can't teach 7'3" and they're all in the "might not be in the league in two years club" as it stands right now. I heard praise all summer about Alabi but where is it now that he's playing against a bunch of good pros likes Ed Davis and Amir Johnson? I wish someone would give an update.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

In case you don't remember the Rockets wasted Shane Battier on this guy. I think dropping Alabi or Magloire and claiming Thabeet could be a keen move. I mean, sure, he's probably not going to stick with the team but neither are the other two and the guy is 7'3". I actually think the other two might be better than him but damn, you can't teach 7'3" and they're all in the "might not be in the league in two years club" as it stands right now. I heard praise all summer about Alabi but where is it now that he's playing against a bunch of good pros likes Ed Davis and Amir Johnson? I wish someone would give an update.

I'd agree. Surely they must know their intentions with Alabi by now. If he isn't in the plans, why not look at Thabeet.

Comment

Maybe to have a Spanish speaking veteran point guard to mentor Rubio?

I think I eard that one before.

Comment

I hear you on the height issue but 2 orgs now have let him go. That height quality seduced them too. I am afraid I cant add too much on his deficiencies because I havent seen him in a NBA game but clearly something isnt working.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                    Maybe to have a Spanish speaking veteran point guard to mentor Rubio?

I think I eard that one before.
                    Good point and with a north American sensibility as well nevermind the 4 yrs. as opposed to 2 for the same money.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      I hear you on the height issue but 2 orgs now have let him go. That height quality seduced them too. I am afraid I cant add too much on his deficiencies because I havent seen him in a NBA game but clearly something isnt working.
                      I think you need to dig deeper than that. Two organizations let him go because of his contract. It's not like he was making vet minimum and getting tossed around. He's making almost as much as Amir Johnson while impacting the game on the level of Solomon Alabi. Memphis moved him to get an expiring contract so that they could keep the band together. Houston is probably getting rid of him to free up even more space to make a move soon. They already were in the middle of a blockbuster that got vetoed by the league. They're dumping him for flexibility right now. The Raptors would only spend probably $1M to claim him.

Comment

I think you need to dig deeper than that. Two organizations let him go because of his contract. It's not like he was making vet minimum and getting tossed around. He's making almost as much as Amir Johnson while impacting the game on the level of Solomon Alabi. Memphis moved him to get an expiring contract so that they could keep the band together. Houston is probably getting rid of him to free up even more space to make a move soon. They already were in the middle of a blockbuster that got vetoed by the league. They're dumping him for flexibility right now. The Raptors would only spend probably $1M to claim him.
                        I didthink about the money angle but to use your comparison he might just be another Alabi. In that case why bother. From some accounts Gray might be better and by getting Thabeet we'd also have to absorb the waived contract to free a roster spot. Again, not really knowing much about his recent play I am surprised how much he is considered a fall-off from his UConn days. I would leave this to the expert talent evaluators!

Comment

• daldridgetnt David Aldridge
                          Bobcats, Raptors, Blazers, Rockets all trying to sign Reggie Williams, whose qualifying offer from GS was rescinded Sunday. On the HT Blog.

Comment

• The Williams rumour is interesting because his reputation going back to college has always been an exceptional scorer who struggles to play even mediocre defence. I'm always interested in guys who go undrafted and work their way back into the NBA because to me that implies hard work and character, but he doesn't strike me as the Casey type of player. That said, I like the potential in his game, and I could see him becoming a good off-the-bench scorer.

Comment

• Has he even received defense coaching in the NBA? Blame it on the system, let's give Casey a crack at him.

Comment

• Forbes isn't much of a defender either. Point is you have to have a guy or 2 who can come off the bench and still put up points to keep the pressure up. Especially if DeMar was to go down. Who scores on the wing then?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X