Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He will be a free agent once his contract in China ends which is March from my understanding.

Hypothetically speaking and assuming what I proposed was even possible, if you were Wilson Chandler at 24/25 years of age, would you turn down $10M up front and $16 more million over the next 4 years heading in to a strong free agent summer?

The only way I see him refusing is if he thinks he'll get more money this summer.
    Email it to Bryan!
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Email it to Bryan!
      No need.

You know Bryan scours these forums :P

Comment

Simple question. If you had choice, would you rather bring back Reggie Evans, or Alexis Ajinça? Thank you.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Simple question. If you had choice, would you rather bring back Reggie Evans, or Alexis Ajinça? Thank you.
          That is very simple. Reggie no question. Ajinca is an ugly waste of Height.

Comment

I'd only take Reggie if it was a short term deal (2 years) and for max 3million a season. I think Reggie is in the mini-MLE range, and therefore will probably go to a contender. I can see Miami or Dallas wanting someone like him for example.

I would say no to Ajinca even if Reggie was unavailable.

Comment

Neither.

Reggie can only rebound and further exposes Andrea's inability to rotate correctly as he is also a pylon oin defense preferring to stay in good rebounding position above all. I cannot see Reggie being paired with Ed or Amir is just plain too weak oiffensively.

Alexis is to Andrea what Andrea is to Dirk, except even more so in my opinion.

I would rather the minutes go to Solomon to determine what he can do and what does he bring when paired up with Amir, Andrea, and Ed. The Raptors have a decision to make about which bigs to keep in the next 12 months and I think Andrea, Amir, Ed, and even Solomon are part of the equation. Best to play them and experiment with different combinations to provide as good an evaluation as you can within the timeframe remaining.

Comment

Ajinca. He is athletic and mobile. He showed flashes in limited court time last season. It would be worth seeing what Casey could work him. Anything more than a minimum deal would be out of the question though.

Comment

Yeah, Ajincia. He'd be substantially cheaper, too.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    He will be a free agent once his contract in China ends which is March from my understanding.

Hypothetically speaking and assuming what I proposed was even possible, if you were Wilson Chandler at 24/25 years of age, would you turn down $10M up front and $16 more million over the next 4 years heading in to a strong free agent summer?

The only way I see him refusing is if he thinks he'll get more money this summer.
                    Rumor was that some of the players in China would be released by their teams when the lockout ends. So there is a good chance Chandler will become available very shortly.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      Rumor was that some of the players in China would be released by their teams when the lockout ends. So there is a good chance Chandler will become available very shortly.
                      There have been a lot of rumours. The most recent I read today at HoopsHype.com, specifically to Wilson Chandler, was he is to honour his contract and explore options in March.

Players Stuck in China: The Chinese Basketball Association won’t let NBA players such as Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith out of their contracts just because the lockout has ended, sources close to the situation confirm.

The players have been told that they won’t be released and that they must stay for the duration of the season. While many reports have suggested that these players will be free to sign with NBA teams in March, one player who signed in China will attempt to leave in mid-February, when his team’s regular season comes to an end.

While there was a belief that the teams would release the players as part of a handshake agreement, that was never the case. In fact, the Chinese Basketball Association implemented very strict rules that would punish teams who used an NBA player and then let him return to the United States.

“Once a U.S. player plays in China, by rule his team will have to forfeit every game if he plays in a single NBA game before the [CBA] season is up,” said one source close to a Chinese team.

This is why the Chinese teams have indicated that they’ll sit these players for the season before they let them return to the NBA. Someone like Aaron Brooks may be able to leave because he signed very recently and hasn’t played in a game yet. Remember, it was awfully easy for Earl Clark to leave Zhejiang when he hadn’t played a single game.

Chandler, Martin and Smith are a different story. This will just make the season even more unusual because teams will be able to sign quality free agents just as they’re gearing up for their postseason run.
                      http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-ple...ors-surfacing/

Comment

• J. Michael Falgoust: Nate Robinson will be bought out by #Thunder so he can become free agent. They tried to do this before the lockout. Working on it now #nba Twitter
                        There goes my hope for Daequan Cook I think.

Comment

• test

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            No need.

You know Bryan scours these forums :P
                            I just hope he's the only GM who does scour these forums.

Maybe, I am just getting frustrated (feeling sorry for us Canadians), but why couldn't any other team offer the same kind of deal.... and thus, why would Chandler want to sign with the Raptors?
                            Last edited by Paradigm Shift; Wed Nov 30, 2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Chandler maintains that staying in Dallas has always been his first choice, but he expressed disappointment that the communication between the sides was minimal from the end of the NBA Finals in mid-June and the June 30 deadline for extensions. On Wednesday, when teams and agents were allowed to commence free-agent negotiations, NBA front office sources listed New Jersey, Golden State, Houston and Toronto as the teams chasing Chandler hardest.
                              I guess BC isn't reading these forums after all.

Comment

• He'll either end up in Jersey or Houston.

Comment

Working...
                                X