No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks in lead for Chandler, next step is to make play for Paul?

Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.
    If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
    Can confirm @WojYahooNBA detail that one scenario in Chandler deal has Billups being traded. Amnesty also a possibiity.
    If the Knicks' next move is to engage NOR in CP3 talks for Stoudemire, this is not something that Amar'e would be happy with, at all.
    Source: Twitter @KBergCBS

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
      Uhhhhhhh..... Didn't they JUST extend chauncey!?!

Apparently stupidity didn't leave the organization with Isaiah.
      No, they just picked up his option for this season. I guess the Knicks are comfortable with James Toney running the show.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Hey, I've been Peter Vecsey's source for years! Welcome to the club.
        That explains a lot, Tim.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I sort of hope Amare gets screwed over here and the Knicks get Paul. I'm not rooting for anyone who bails on their team. So Amare takes his medicine and then the Knicks pretty much make a lateral move because Amare and Billups is just a good a combo as Chandler and Paul.
          http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...785#post103785

Comment

• I know this belongs in the trade discussion forum (or maybe in Tim's thread), but for a team like Toronto, with New York looking to trade Billups, would you deal Amir and Calderon for Billups and have about 22 million (Chauncey's and Barbosa's contracts) coming off the books next season?

Comment

• $58M over four years for Chandler

The New York Knicks are nearing a four-year, $58 million contract with Tyson Chandler(notes) after the Golden State Warriors conceded they’re no longer in the running to sign the free-agent center, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

To add Chandler, the Knicks will either use their amnesty clause to waive Chauncey Billups(notes) and his $14.2 million salary or they will trade him, sources said. The Knicks have privately told people that if they trade Billups – who has said he doesn’t want to leave New York – it will be to a “good” team. If the Dallas Mavericks do a sign-and-trade with Chandler, they could conceivably get Billups in return.

The Knicks’ pursuit of Chandler intensified after efforts to trade for New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul(notes) stalled, sources said.
              Source: Yahoo Sports

Comment

• Butler's gone:

Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

Source: @daldridgetnt

Comment

• Same old clippers
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If the Knicks amnesty Billups, guess where he ends up?

MIAMI*

*assuming no one bids on him which is highly unlikely.... but you never know.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I know this belongs in the trade discussion forum (or maybe in Tim's thread), but for a team like Toronto, with New York looking to trade Billups, would you deal Amir and Calderon for Billups and have about 22 million (Chauncey's and Barbosa's contracts) coming off the books next season?
                      That doesn't achieve the Knicks goal. The only way a Billups trade would work would be to use the TPE and eat the rest with cap space. The Knicks need cap space to sign Chandler outright or they do a S&T with Dallas.

Matt, I could see the Lakers being a good fit for Billups too. In fact I think the Lakers would be a better fit. With James and Wade out there with him the guy will be a spectator.

Comment

That doesn't achieve the Knicks goal. The only way a Billups trade would work would be to use the TPE and eat the rest with cap space. The Knicks need cap space to sign Chandler outright or they do a S&T with Dallas.

Matt, I could see the Lakers being a good fit for Billups too. In fact I think the Lakers would be a better fit. With James and Wade out there with him the guy will be a spectator.
                        You can't use the TPE to get a player worth more than the TPE. Even if you have cap space. Most Toronto can spend is on a player worth less than or equal to about $9M.

*EDIT: With a third team you could work something out though.. give the TPE to NY for someone like Turiaf (and other cap ballast). Send Barbosa/Calderon/Bargnani to a third team, and get Chauncey that way. Much more difficult this way though.
                        Last edited by planetmars; Thu Dec 8, 2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: more to say

Comment

He'd have to get to the finals to stick it to New York - and NY would have to get through Miami.

I think it is a moot point because some team under the cap will take him on - despite the arm waiving and temper tantrum.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            He'd have to get to the finals to stick it to New York - and NY would have to get through Miami.

I think it is a moot point because some team under the cap will take him on - despite the arm waiving and temper tantrum.
                            His agent is letting it be known that he won't report unless the team is on his list. Buyer beware.

Comment

His agent is letting it be known that he won't report unless the team is on his list. Buyer beware.
                              For the sake of a $1M bid, a number of teams might take that risk to ensure he doesn't end up in Miami. If I was an Eastern conference GM, I most certainly would. He doesn't show, he doesn't play until next year... if at all.

Comment

• And if he does show and becomes a cancer in the locker room? I think Denver might put in a bid and he'll be happy to go back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X